SHOW

Reserve category(SC,ST) Students with IIM Calls

Hi all, I hope this thread doesn't start off one more reservation in educational institute debate. But CAT is a very different ball game for the students from the reserve categories, specially since they make it to there with a low percentile... Read More »
Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
hi, i am preparing for cat and belongs to SC.
I got 80% in X, but screwed it all up in 12th managing only 59.4%
Im curently pursuing btech computers, and my % till mow is above 70%.
I want to know that if i manage to get around 90%ile in CAT, will my 12th % will still be a barrier for me to get a call from IIMs???
Thank in advance...
Great Lakes Admissions 2015

´╗┐Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

One year fast track management program for candidates with minimum 2 years of experience. Share your idea of progress & win exciting prizes

Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)

Two year full time management program for fresh graduates with 0-2 years of work experience.

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
loser-07 Says
my score....16..qa...34...di...VA (at least 22 and may go upto 27) total: 72-77....i am frm sc category....what are my chances....

check the IIMB cut-offs:

http://www.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/docs/PGPSelection2008.pdf
my score....16..qa...34...di...VA (at least 22 and may go upto 27) total: 72-77....i am frm sc category....what are my chances....
Hey just wanted to know.....
Are there any OBC quota this year in IIMS ???
smorty Says
hello frnds. i hav scored 22 in QA, 31 in DI and 29 in EU. Kindly tell me my expected percentile and my chances of getting an IIM call as i m from SC quota. Waiting for ur replies.

Gud enuf...you will get 6 calls...concentrate on GD nd PI...
  • 1 Like  
smorty Says
hello frnds. i hav scored 22 in QA, 31 in DI and 29 in EU. Kindly tell me my expected percentile and my chances of getting an IIM call as i m from SC quota. Waiting for ur replies.

i will say..pretty gud chances..since ur split is gud..and overall ur percentile will be more than 90.......
  • 1 Like  
Can somebody provide the info regarding the GD topics given by IIM-I last year. Also last to last year.
Does IIM-I follow a set pattern on GD topics like factual or abstract or case studies or is it a mix??
Pl. help

Sheel

Friend,

you can search IIM-I GD experices for past years...
Also, you can later look into this years experience when the interviews starts this year.

Cheers!
Can somebody provide the info regarding the GD topics given by IIM-I last year. Also last to last year.
Does IIM-I follow a set pattern on GD topics like factual or abstract or case studies or is it a mix??
Pl. help

Sheel
Hey muralidhar

For those who got call frm IIMA will not get final selection. I mean after GD/PI they will select the cadidates who met the criteria. So some of the seats will be unoccupied.

And they should fill those vacant seats with the General cadidate students. That is the law(if i am not wrong).

And coming to the other IIMs IIMB shortlisted 79 candidates for 18 seats. and IIMC also shotlisted around 3 times the seats that they have. I dont know about the other IIMs. I think other IIMs also might hav done the same think.

what you say..?

srinu.. Thanks for the info
srinu0072.
man u got 5 calls.i am at 89%ile overall.94/89/53 in di/qa/va
VA screwed me.bt still i shud hv got at least one call yaar.
mght be my past record is nt as gud as yours

Hey dude..

dnt wrry. next time time you wl also get 5 calls. bcos...

last year when i wrote the CAT my score was similar to your scores. 98/84/21 in di/qa/va.

but this time i spend more time on va section. still i was nt able to cross the 17% mark. Please note that is only for IIMA. For ohter IIMs it will be less.
Hey muralidhar

For those who got call frm IIMA will not get final selection. I mean after GD/PI they will select the cadidates who met the criteria. So some of the seats will be unoccupied.

And they should fill those vacant seats with the General cadidate students. That is the law(if i am not wrong).

And coming to the other IIMs IIMB shortlisted 79 candidates for 18 seats. and IIMC also shotlisted around 3 times the seats that they have. I dont know about the other IIMs. I think other IIMs also might hav done the same think.

what you say..?
I am wondering what IIMA will do with the one ST seat remaining(out of 21 they have called only 20). I am sure the same will be the case with other IIMs too.

Will the remaining seats are left without suitable candidates or else added to the General catergory. It shouldn't go unoccupied as there are many brilliant canidates who can fill that.

May be seniors could confirm this.
srinu0072.
man u got 5 calls.i am at 89%ile overall.94/89/53 in di/qa/va
VA screwed me.bt still i shud hv got at least one call yaar.
mght be my past record is nt as gud as yours

d only reason u didnt get a call is cuz f VA...its der in d cat bulletin...
d cut-offs for short listingSC/ST/PWD candidates for gd n pi wud nt b less den 17%score in each f d 3 sections n nt less den 25%score in aggregate...

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

34 people follow this discussion.