SHOW

Remembering Mr. Sunil Dutt - the real Hero

I can never forget the hot after noon of 1987 when i was a kid travelling with my family by bus from delhi to amritsar for our anuual trip to golden temple. There was a road jam somewhere in the way and villagers had arranged food and cold drinks ... Read More »
Sunil Dutt was a man with a concience for sure .After the Mumbai Riots/Sanjay's Arrest he resigned and the Shiv Sena won from the seat. He came back from his self Imposed political Exile years later and still managed to win with a landslide Margin.

What I am interested is what will be the political reprecussions of this . Will Sanjay Nirupan, the former Sena MP who contested against Sunil Dutt last time around get to contest on a congress ticket now? Or will the Congress field some relative of Duttsaab ? Lets see in the coming days.

Gary

sanjay and his family pitching hard for nomination. seems priya dutt will get the congress ticket as sanjay nirupam is yet to do anything worth mentioning after joining congress.
thought he apologised to sanjay for previous remarks against sunil dutt
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
I remember sunil dutt as the BIRJU of mother India and in his role he wins our heart. I have not had priviledge of watching many of his movies but the movies that i have watched,have been impressed by his acting skills. I can never forget his role in Munna bhai MBBS. I know its not his best performance,but in this small he wins our heart. As a politician also i admire him. He was not only fine politician,great actor but also a good human being and that would be remembered of him always. May lord rest his soul in peace.
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
yahoo19 Says
hey, count me too in the list of die hard fans of mr. sunil dutt...i was a great admirer of that gentleman....probably not so much for the movies that he did , but more for the kind of selfless work he did in his real life....that guy was an outstanding example of how a celebrity...esp of the filmi kind, can put his/her enormous fame to some constructive n significant use.....

Guess he was last among the generation of Film Star who took politics/social life seriously and not joined just to encash their fan following.

Hope we have more leaders like him in coming time
sorry guys some adage goes like u never say bad things abt the one who is dead(passed away??)
but i had read this incidence abt duttsaab some 2yrs ago
he narrowly escaped frm a chopper crash few villagers saved his life.he asked him to come over n meet him whe they wud b in mumbai.
the villagers went when they were in mumbai.he made them wait n after few hrs he came to meet them.n the first question he asked was ,"arre mera goggle udhar gir gaya kya aap mein se kisi ke paas woh hai??"

sorry duttsaab but this is not expected from 'a real hero'

cant say anything on this particular incident but normaly politicians are people friendly. its most of time security personal which makes them unavialable for you
Sunil Dutt was a man with a concience for sure .After the Mumbai Riots/Sanjay's Arrest he resigned and the Shiv Sena won from the seat. He came back from his self Imposed political Exile years later and still managed to win with a landslide Margin.

What I am interested is what will be the political reprecussions of this . Will Sanjay Nirupan, the former Sena MP who contested against Sunil Dutt last time around get to contest on a congress ticket now? Or will the Congress field some relative of Duttsaab ? Lets see in the coming days.

Gary
hey, count me too in the list of die hard fans of mr. sunil dutt...i was a great admirer of that gentleman....probably not so much for the movies that he did , but more for the kind of selfless work he did in his real life....that guy was an outstanding example of how a celebrity...esp of the filmi kind, can put his/her enormous fame to some constructive n significant use.....
sorry guys some adage goes like u never say bad things abt the one who is dead(passed away??)
but i had read this incidence abt duttsaab some 2yrs ago
he narrowly escaped frm a chopper crash few villagers saved his life.he asked him to come over n meet him whe they wud b in mumbai.
the villagers went when they were in mumbai.he made them wait n after few hrs he came to meet them.n the first question he asked was ,"arre mera goggle udhar gir gaya kya aap mein se kisi ke paas woh hai??"

sorry duttsaab but this is not expected from 'a real hero'
Sunil Dutt was indeed a great man. A man of unmatched character and dignity. An actor par excellence and a politician who stood for peace and worked for the common man. I met him in April and was really impressed by the charismatic personality that he was. He will always remain in our hearts. May his soul rest in peace.
This year seems to be real tragic for the INdian Film industry !!
First th legendary mogambo goes and now sunil dutt!!!
Also read abt ismail merchants death in london-though he wsa no bollywood regular--still:wow: :wow: :wow:
Bakee balluuu fauji ko apna akhri salamm...
RIP
khota

Congress too lost quite a big shots in last few years. rajesh pilot, madhavrao scindia, jindal (haryana) and now billu fauji.
aCeAtUSC Says
i strongly believe tht ... if sunil dutt had not played the strong father's role ... no one wud hav known wht sanju wud hav been doin these days ...

THATS what u call father role played to perfection... and being the sportsminister as well he has done a lot for the country may his soul rest in peace

cheers
kapil
This year seems to be real tragic for the INdian Film industry !!
First th legendary mogambo goes and now sunil dutt!!!
Also read abt ismail merchants death in london-though he wsa no bollywood regular--still:wow: :wow: :wow:
Bakee balluuu fauji ko apna akhri salamm...

RIP
khota
well said...neway Sunil Dutt may physically not be present among us, but his great deeds in which he outshone several others will always be remembered...

Sunil Dutt is indeed eternal...!

Ashish

MDI Gurgaon
(Batch of 2009)

In every sense he was a "real hero".he fought against injustice and died like a champion....wish ,god make more men like him

truly a legend
i strongly believe tht ... if sunil dutt had not played the strong father's role ... no one wud hav known wht sanju wud hav been doin these days ...

Today's Indian Express also tells about his last letter. This letter was in response to a charity done by VP Shekhawat. Shekhawat had sent a cheque of one lakh and 5 sarees for the wedding of a widow in some remote village.
In response to that, the legendary actor sent 25K cheque and asked VP's office to forward it to the needy woman. Well, whatever was the amount, the gesture of this guy was great.
Another incident of his strength was his son's trial. He used to visit his son daily in jail when he was put behind bars under TADA. The story of Sanjay Dutt's comeback from druggery will remain a legend of hard-work and patience of his father.

Edit(zango): please do not quote long text.
I can never forget the hot after noon of 1987 when i was a kid travelling with my family by bus from delhi to amritsar for our anuual trip to golden temple. There was a road jam somewhere in the way and villagers had arranged food and cold drinks for passerby. I came down from bus with my dad and saw a tall man walking towards us. He came to us and took me in his lap. Kissed me and gave me a toffee.He was Sunil Dutt - the legend

Long live Mr Dutt. you were a real hero for me

Today's Indian Express also tells about his last letter. This letter was in response to a charity done by VP Shekhawat. Shekhawat had sent a cheque of one lakh and 5 sarees for the wedding of a widow in some remote village.
In response to that, the legendary actor sent 25K cheque and asked VP's office to forward it to the needy woman. Well, whatever was the amount, the gesture of this guy was great.
Another incident of his strength was his son's trial. He used to visit his son daily in jail when he was put behind bars under TADA. The story of Sanjay Dutt's comeback from druggery will remain a legend of hard-work and patience of his father.

Edit(zango): please do not quote long text.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

12 people follow this discussion.