About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@jas_maverick

Tags

Reality Case Studies

Well there were reality Tv shows, games, dares etc, so why not case studies:) Okay agreed that most of case studies we go thu are 'reality' ones only, so lets discuss them. We will take example of a problem in some company and then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 9 of 17   

jas_maverick ji - where are you? No feedback from you on the latest case study. Its been over a week now for this case study.

Also, where is rest of the junta? Only 3-4 people have posted thier comments/views on this case study.

Commenting on this post has been disabled.
just writing sm thing abt a promotion strategy that pepsi is applying for cafechino..
read it somewhere two days back may be in DT...

There is a big bus (covered all with cafechino posters) that has started plying in the DU(delhi Univ.) area...its a luxuary bus with loads of facilites inside...and the ride in the bus is free but u have to collect some cafechino crowns or something to be able to board the bus...Since the bus is very kool.It has become a craze among students there and Cafechino sales have also increased a bit there...

interesting strategy:)

Ya I also think that it was a masterstroke , to get a ac bus for the uiversity painted with this pepsi ad ... and the ppl who wanted to have the free ride , would have to present the pepse cafechino labels... not bad na ..

but the ad on tv with priyanka and kareena , was a letdown , one of the most pathetic ads i have ever seen.

just writing sm thing abt a promotion strategy that pepsi is applying for cafechino..
read it somewhere two days back may be in DT...

There is a big bus (covered all with cafechino posters) that has started plying in the DU(delhi Univ.) area...its a luxuary bus with loads of facilites inside...and the ride in the bus is free but u have to collect some cafechino crowns or something to be able to board the bus...Since the bus is very kool.It has become a craze among students there and Cafechino sales have also increased a bit there...

interesting strategy:)

Discussion points:
1. Do u think these promotions really pull up the parent brand image?
2. Do they result in profitability?
3. Being a consumer do u see urself open to trying these out?
Gyaan ques:
If u were to design the marketing strategy for such launches, how wud u proceed?

Starting with the third point, I will definitely try out these new flavours. The reasons - may be i like the flavor or it could be just out of curiosity. Atleast once i'll try out if didn't like i will not buy that again. Eg - I bought cafechino just because i thought it would be good (coffee + cola) and this is the day before the ad came and i didn't like it so i never bought it again.

Yes, i do think they result in profitability because as these are not long term brands so here repo building is not the most important factor its just to make consumers more inquisitive abt and lure them to try out these new drinks. Sometimes these promotions are accompanied with some event going on. If it connects it certainly results in profits. Eg - Pepsi Blue which came at the time of World Cup. It certainly boosted pepsi sales.

Well, I am quite doubtful whether these promotions pull up the parent brand image or not!!! As I said since these are short term brands they really want to make impact for that much amount of time and not brand building is not te most imp factor. People relate black cola when they hear coke or pesi not their clear or cafechino flavour. But at the same time i would also like to add that if pepsi or coke comes with a series of good short term flavurs then it may pull up the parent brand image.

I know i have put my points very vaguely sorry for that. Criticis and suggestions are welcomed.

Edit - Strategy ke bare mein to likhna bhool hi gaya, kal likhoonga

Chack out some case studies on the DMS IITD website. u cud end up winning some prize money too..
http://www.iitdmba.com/parivartan/

Nice thread, lemme open my acc from here:)

I guess these brands are there to increase the visibility of main brand and to help in the surges of sales. i frankly wud like to test these new products, atleast once. Abt profitability i guess it does, in a long term yes.

But hey Jas, do they teach ya mktg using these kinda case studies or are these just plain gyan ones?:)

A hint / thought

You will find one thing common in these companies, they are all biggies and well known

few more mkting tips
give better margins on newer brands to retailers so that they push it
couple new launches with parent brands as in offers combo etc
introduce some discount offers like buy 4 get 1 free on new brands or by mixing old and new brands.

A similar eg would be of MAGGI, every few months it brings in some new flavour which doesnt appeal to the people much.MAggi promotes it aggressively using all aforesaid measures and at end tbe brand suddenly vanishes and all is left is the original maggi.

well as for the parent brand is concerned, what these new labels do is that give a chance to project the parent brands in a new way.As the parent brands r so omni present that find new sales /advt strategy for them is difficult. So these mini extensions may also act like surrogate advertising in some sense
As far as profitability is concerned i dont have any facts to substantiate but then profit motive depends on companies expectations and their forced sales.
As a consumer, we may be tempted to taste them atleast once

MArket Strategy -
aggresive advt.
Fill stocks on shops
display and promote at various eating joints/hang out joints etc

Last week Pepsi launched Cafechino, the 'kick of cola with kiss of coffee' ; Coke is coming out with similar but mega launch of Coke Blak. We also have lemon versions of both, coke vanilla was there, pepsi came out with Pepsi clear, marketed it bigtime (and the product too flopped bigtime). Fanta was launched in variants like strawberry/apple/peach/fanta zero etc; mirinda came up with berry flavor for Batman Begins, u have Lux choclate (!!!!), some clear lemon drinks like Sprite and 7Up came with mint and all the goodie goodie flavors.

Interesting point is that all these FMCGs dont really see these brand extensions as longterm products, u see them today, the next day they are gone. They are termed more as promotional launches.

Discussion points:
1. Do u think these promotions really pull up the parent brand image?
2. Do they result in profitability?
3. Being a consumer do u see urself open to trying these out?

Gyaan ques:

If u were to design the marketing strategy for such launches, how wud u proceed?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

75 people follow this discussion.