About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@jas_maverick

Tags

Reality Case Studies

Well there were reality Tv shows, games, dares etc, so why not case studies:) Okay agreed that most of case studies we go thu are 'reality' ones only, so lets discuss them. We will take example of a problem in some company and then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 9 of 12   

New CASE
Hero Honda after being as the leader in motorcycle industry has now entered into the Scooter market with their maiden scooter Pleasure(102 cc, gearless).
1) how do u see them after six months.
2) what difficulties u see them facing.
3) discuss pros n cons of this move.

Since after dominating the male section of he society their foraying into the scoter industry will definitely make their brand appeal more global, i.e. in both sexes.

talking in terms of competition their rivals in India are Bajaj with Yamaha far behind..since bajaj has presence in scooter industry and in order to totally wipe out Bajaj it was required of hero honda to enter the scooter market...
this move of Hero honda may have some connection with the fact that its Japanese parent Honda has via its subsidiary Honda Motorcycles and Scooters entered the bike market with Unicorn.so with honda coming to market with possible competition, this may be a strategic move to increase the base of hero honda in india.
so it obviously looks a good move.

As per the difficulties they really need to work hard as bajaj is a household name as scooters are concerned...and starting with a gearless scooter (pleasure) may not be a good idea. They should have cashed on there male following with some geared scooters and then they could have targeted the female audiences.

their position after six months will definately depend upon the type of models they roll out....more stylish n sleek models will defenately help them in making a female base...
but to cature male audience in scooter industry more economical n fuel efficent scooter will help them..

ps:will add more points as i get them in my mind..
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

seems like our boss jas_maverick is busy in FMS....

leme come with a case study in the meanwhile...

New CASE
Hero Honda after being as the leader in motorcycle industry has now entered into the Scooter market with their maiden scooter Pleasure(102 cc, gearless).
1) how do u see them after six months.
2) what difficulties u see them facing.
3) discuss pros n cons of this move.

p.s: obviously jas_maverick u will be required to analyse our responces.

Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure
  • 2 Likes  

no new case studies around here??

Hutch was known as Orange in Mumbai but was available as brand Hutch all over India..
coinciding with the Change of color of Hutch from Orange To Pink they have also launched Hutch Pink in Mumbai...so i think it was a move to ensure uniformity across the country.

As already disscussed above by few people the question of a femenine color may create problems as far as male costomer base is concerned, but on the same time it may play a part in the increase of female costomer base.

Only way i can think Pink a feminine color may help Hutch in long run is as below:

there have always been studies in news papers that suggested that females customers generate more in terms of revenew from messaging and other added services like ringtones, acller tones etc than the male customer base........And also the way celluler scenario is changing like Reliance introducing same rate of local as well as std charges, soon it will be the added services(like messages, ringtones, caller tunes etc) taht will be the main revenew generater for a cellular brand.....So taking above points it may help Hutch in terms of revenew from value added servies

But the above possiblity seems distant.

talking about brand loyality it may take a beating as far as male customer base is concerned...seeing how "Definately male" worked wonders for Pulsar.

will add more points as i get them

@ravanan : interesting point

With all due respect to the female community who do enjoy a ride on their wheels, I think the pulsar example is not relevant as Bikes are predominantly used by males.

In this case study, I think Hutch's change of colors will not bring in the desired effect, coz in most places the color Orange (and the brand too) was directly attached with hutch. I think people do remember nerolac ads in which Big B featured, most of the people thought its Asian Paints campaign and was not very clear.
hey sameer...
can u tell me 1 thing...dat in ur cell info...does d logo shows only HUTCH or HUTCH Orange?
will post aftr ur answer

ahem ahem
will my sim is a old sim..at dat time hutch wasnt thr in east u.p ..it took over essar here..so my cell shows essaru and not hutch neither does it show hutch orange...
ciao
sameer

Recently there was also a study indicating that females tend to stick on while males tend to try out new brands. So any connection?

New CASE
Hutch has recently changed its color to pink from very well recognized and high brand recollection of orange color.
1. Do u think that Hutch can maintain the same brand loyalty with new color and public will receive it well?
2. What problems do u see for Hutch in next 6 months?

Hutch was known as Orange in Mumbai but was available as brand Hutch all over India..
coinciding with the Change of color of Hutch from Orange To Pink they have also launched Hutch Pink in Mumbai...so i think it was a move to ensure uniformity across the country.

As already disscussed above by few people the question of a femenine color may create problems as far as male costomer base is concerned, but on the same time it may play a part in the increase of female costomer base.

Only way i can think Pink a feminine color may help Hutch in long run is as below:

there have always been studies in news papers that suggested that females customers generate more in terms of revenew from messaging and other added services like ringtones, acller tones etc than the male customer base........And also the way celluler scenario is changing like Reliance introducing same rate of local as well as std charges, soon it will be the added services(like messages, ringtones, caller tunes etc) taht will be the main revenew generater for a cellular brand.....So taking above points it may help Hutch in terms of revenew from value added servies

But the above possiblity seems distant.

talking about brand loyality it may take a beating as far as male customer base is concerned...seeing how "Definately male" worked wonders for Pulsar.

will add more points as i get them

@ravanan : interesting point

hutch as a brand has great appeal and the top things that come to mind are orange and the pug ad. now, why did they go for a colour change when it is one of the main brand recall aspects?
hutch probably wants to create a separate brand model as the earlier colour was closely connected to the brand orange. so changing the colour was the first step in this process. hutch is a well known name by itself and changing the colour should not affect them all that much. although closely linked by colour, the brand value should not see any depreciation considering there will be no other changes.
thats my 2 cents

OK, Hutchin-Essar has completely bought off the brand "Orange". Event the website www.orange.co.in redirects to hutch. The Hutch people know that most of their 17000 users in Mumbai are familiar with the name Hutch, which is used in rest of India (except a few places). But what about the change in colour? What they say is it is reflecting the new attitude in the company itself. Is that all? Recently there was news that Orascom (another global giant in telecommunication field) has acquired approx 20% of Hutchinson (HTIL), which contributes 42% of Hutchinson-Essar in India.
Now, the most important thing to note is Orascom Telecom operates GSM networks in: Algeria ("Djezzy")
Pakistan ("Mobilink")
Egypt ("MobiNil")
Tunisia ("Tunisiana")
Iraq ("IraQna")
Bangladesh ("Banglalink")
Zimbabwe ("Telecel Zimbabwe")

Notice anything? Yep, Muslim nations. Even the company is one. So did they find the Orange (saffron) colour unacceptable? OK they don't have the power to convert to "green", but atleast they stopped using orange. Just a wild guess....I know it doesnt make sense, but what else makes sense?

Hutch or orange is the question rather than pink or orange.Only the name has changed the cost and the network coverage has not change so it would not be any concern to any of its existing costumer base but we cannot deny the fact that orange had got bit too famous with the subcribers because of its huge expenses on the advertisements particular the dog one..(u and me in this btful world)
But if the company had the plans to change its name then why did it do so much of expense on the ads of hutch being an orange world.
May be there research team told them that people prefer pink than orange maybe the top officials prefer pink than orange.
May be the fact that pink a more feminine color can help them to increase there sales of there service to the major section of Indian women especially college girls.Its a fact that tweens,teens and woman play a major role in branding of a product in modern India.Taking that in to account i think Hutch plan of going pink will help them in the long run.
As far as the problems which may be faced by them in next 6 months wuld be tryin to provide better service then what they provided when they where orange.When we see the pink hutch ads they are trying to make us believe that they are better than there orange past but are they is what they have to prove.

Friends this my first post there may be mistakes so plss adjust... i wanted to know that can i submit a new case if u dont mind.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2:) 6

hey sameer...
can u tell me 1 thing...dat in ur cell info...does d logo shows only HUTCH or HUTCH Orange?
will post aftr ur answer

New CASE

Hutch has recently changed its color to pink from very well recognized and high brand recollection of orange color.

1. Do u think that Hutch can maintain the same brand loyalty with new color and public will receive it well?

2. What problems do u see for Hutch in next 6 months?

well the only question that comes to my mind was who can take such a blunderous decision...
well first of all it is not suitable for any brand to change the color specially in cases where people recognize and associate highly with the brands color..meaning that today if someone ushers hutch to me the first thing comes to my mind is there orange logo and secondly thr cute dog add..even thinkin about a pink logo makes me feel uncomfortable and i m unable to associate with the product at once..
secondly pink colour is a feminine color and a color which female associates them to..male class is genrally not intrested in pink colour and beleive it or not from our very childhood the psyche of the mind shapes up in a way to ignore signs ,clothes and products having feminine colours as thr base color..a very lively example of this is that pink is so considered a feminine color in u.s that males wearing pink shirts are seen as being not straight..so it will be highly difficult for males to associate themselves with them causing a decrease in male clientelle..on the other hand it will be a cause of rise of female clientelle for the obvious reasons..
so if i am targetting a particular sex then i can go for the change of colour..maybe it is a good idea if hutch takes out its publicity with pink colour specially targetting the female class retaining the orignal orange colour..
ciao
sameer
will add a few more points as and when they come to my mind
Hmm the Hutch colour change thingie ehhh....

Lessee now...

The changing of the logo coulours (at least in bombay) meant a complete change in brand for the erstwhile Orange subscribers...

This leads to a bit of confusion in the general public I'm sure...

This could lead to a perception that the quality of service has gone down simply because the old comforting Orange insignia is no longer present...

The initial period after the relaunch is a good time for the competition to try and take away marketshare while Hutch has to spend just to make the association stick in their consumers mind...

Of course that said it's also a good time to be Hutch.. They have one of the larger subscriber bases AFAIK and the relauch is not likely to 'Cause' any one to switch providers...

Baaki sab has been covered in the previous post...

BTW really nice topic to start a thread on...

Any critiques of the logic etc??

Cheers

hey u hav analysed d topic well...gud info...i went a lil off track i know....but wanted 2 post my views so went ahead...but dnt u think its just a hype which is creatd around d change in colour...i dnt think its gonna make ne differnce?(only a personal opinion)orange or pink?....till d customer is getting wat he wants colour doesnt seem 2 matter...it might help initially but wont make much differnce in d long run

Hmm the Hutch colour change thingie ehhh....

Lessee now...

The changing of the logo coulours (at least in bombay) meant a complete change in brand for the erstwhile Orange subscribers...

This leads to a bit of confusion in the general public I'm sure...

This could lead to a perception that the quality of service has gone down simply because the old comforting Orange insignia is no longer present...

The initial period after the relaunch is a good time for the competition to try and take away marketshare while Hutch has to spend just to make the association stick in their consumers mind...

Of course that said it's also a good time to be Hutch.. They have one of the larger subscriber bases AFAIK and the relauch is not likely to 'Cause' any one to switch providers...

Baaki sab has been covered in the previous post...

BTW really nice topic to start a thread on...

Any critiques of the logic etc??

Cheers

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

75 people follow this discussion.