About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Aarav

Tags

Quantitative questions a day 51 to 100 - The discussions

I'm starting a new thread as the discussions will happen on this new thread for next 50 questions and the sectional test :-) Happy solving :smiley:
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 55 of 73   

My answer is also (a).

15 + 11 + 21 + 16 - 3*9 = 36

We can get this using venn-diagram representation, where we can use four overlapping circles to represent "no hockey", "no cricket", "no volleyball" and "no football".

Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Question: In a class the number of students who do not play hockey, volleyball, cricket, football are 16, 21, 11, 15 respectively. The number of students who do not play any of the games mentioned is 9. What can be the maximum number of students in the class who do not play one or more of the four games mentioned?
(a) 36 (b) 54 (c) can not be determined (d) none of the foregoing
I think 36 is the right answer. So option (a).
Cheers Apple
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
Let's solve them on similar lines:
(I)A figure is formed by joining the midpoints of a rectangle (whose length and width are a and b),along with 4 other triangles.Then again another figure is formed in the similar fashion along with 4 other triangles.This continued uptil infinity
1)Find the sum of areas of all the figures(quadrilaterals) so formed
2)Find the sum of areas of all the triangles so formed
3)Find the sum of areas of all the figures and triangles so formed
(II)Now this one is from Problem Book Of Mathematics,which I had in 9th standard
Every1 knows that the figure formed by joining the midpoints of any quadrilateral is a parallelogram.We need to prove that the area of that parallelogram is half the area of the original quadrilateral.

No answers yet???????
rani145541 Says
I am not sure about the sum of the area of the triangles. I am getting first right angled triangles then equilateral triangles and then again right angel triangles. is that rt?

Nopes!!the triangles are right angled in nature..dats fine but in the second iteration dey r nt equilateral..hw did u find dem to be equilateral??Its on the similar lines of today's question..try again..its fairly simple..

me also getting (b). 14

Question # 63
The mid-points of triangle ABC are joined to form another triangle PQR along with three other triangles. Again the mid-points of the triangle PQR are joined to form another triangle along with three other triangles. This process is repeated infinite times. If the area of triangle ABC is 6 sq. cm then what is the sum of the area of all the triangles formed in the figure?
(a) 12 sq. cm (b) 14 sq. cm (c) 18 sq. cm (d) none of the foregoing

14 sq. cm..option(b)

I am not sure about the sum of the area of the triangles. I am getting first right angled triangles then equilateral triangles and then again right angel triangles. is that rt?

i am getting 14 too

Let's solve them on similar lines:
(I)A figure is formed by joining the midpoints of a rectangle (whose length and width are a and b),along with 4 other triangles.Then again another figure is formed in the similar fashion along with 4 other triangles.This continued uptil infinity
1)Find the sum of areas of all the figures(quadrilaterals) so formed
2)Find the sum of areas of all the triangles so formed
3)Find the sum of areas of all the figures and triangles so formed
(II)Now this one is from Problem Book Of Mathematics,which I had in 9th standard
Every1 knows that the figure formed by joining the midpoints of any quadrilateral is a parallelogram.We need to prove that the area of that parallelogram is half the area of the original quadrilateral.

Same method same answer i.e 14

Area of all the triangles is asked.
1st iteration = A(tri ABC)=6
2nd " =A(tri pqr)*4=6
3rd iteration =A(tri PQR/4)*4=6/4 then 6/4^2 , then 6/4^3 n so on till infinity.
So summation ll happen as 6 + 6+6/4+6/4^2 .... that comes to 6+6(1-{1-1/4}) =6 + 6*4/3 = 6+8=14 ,option b
My answer is option (b) 14 sq cm

Same here..I am also getting 14..

The answer is option b i.e. 14

CHEERS

Me getting 14. option (b)
6 + = 14.
Cheers Apple

My answer is (b) as well.

Area = 6 + = 14

Question # 63
The mid-points of triangle ABC are joined to form another triangle PQR along with three other triangles. Again the mid-points of the triangle PQR are joined to form another triangle along with three other triangles. This process is repeated infinite times. If the area of triangle ABC is 6 sq. cm then what is the sum of the area of all the triangles formed in the figure?
(a) 12 sq. cm (b) 14 sq. cm (c) 18 sq. cm (d) none of the foregoing

Area of all the triangles is asked.
1st iteration = A(tri ABC)=6
2nd " =A(tri pqr)*4=6
3rd iteration =A(tri PQR/4)*4=6/4 then 6/4^2 , then 6/4^3 n so on till infinity.
So summation ll happen as 6 + 6+6/4+6/4^2 .... that comes to 6+6(1-{1-1/4}) =6 + 6*4/3 = 6+8=14 ,option b
My answer is option (b) 14 sq cm
Check my blog- http://strat.in and http://trait.in

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

183 people follow this discussion.