PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Aarav

Tags

Quantitative questions a day 51 to 100 - The discussions

I'm starting a new thread as the discussions will happen on this new thread for next 50 questions and the sectional test :-) Happy solving :smiley:
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 110   

Four Geometrical means are inserted between 1/8 and 128.find the 3rd Geometrical mean.

I kno its a simple question but just cant find the answer!

Commenting on this post has been disabled.
------------------------------------------------------
Quantitative Question # 065
------------------------------------------------------

If all palindromes (positive integers which is unchanged if you reverse the order of its digits) are written in increasing order, what is the possible number of prime values can the difference between successive palindromes take?

(1) 0 (2) 1 (3) 2 (4) 3 (5) none of these

The palindromes in increasing order are

We see that the prime difference can be either 2 or 11 - hence the answer is (3)
Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

hei...I can't understand the concept of no: of steps taken in an escalator..plz help me wid dis,
(speed of a person/speed of escalator) = (no: of steps on moving escalator / no: of steps of the person when escalator is off)

cld any one plz explain the concept..?

..i too got 20/3..
Question 101:
At his normal speed, Shirish can travel 18 km downstream in a fast flowing stream in 9 hours less than what he takes to travel the same distance upstream. The downstream trip would take 1 hour less than what the upstream trip would take provided he doubles his rate of rowing. What is the speed of the stream in km/hr?

(a) 20/3 (b) 8 (c) 33/4 (d) none of the foregoing

I am getting speed of stream as either zero(0) or negative(-20/3).
9=18/(x+v)-18/(x-v)
and
1=18/(2x+v)-18/(2x-v)

where x and v are speeds of Sirish and stream, respectively.
on calculating first one the relation is: x^2=v^2-4v

and then putting in second and solving.
Am i wrong somewhere??

yup... its comin out to be...20/3
:

HI all

I am new to PG can some body mail me the qns from 50 to 100. Or id any link is available for archives can some one post it. Thanks in advance.

My mail id is pradeep.gorai@cgi.com

Hi I joined in late ,so if somebody can post/mail me all the questions from 1-100 of AQQAD with its respective solution,I will be highly gr8ful
Regards,
Akrant
akrant@gmail.com

oye me not getting ANY quant question. are the questionssupposed to be mailed everyday (as the name of the thread suggests) to the people who have enrolled for the same? if true, there's some problem somewhere to be solved. i registered a loooong time back.

ne suggestions.....fellow PGites?

hi guys i m new to this site i joined this forum and i recieve questions by mail but the main cause of worry for me is that i m not able to crack this questions can u tell me is this the level of questions appearing in cat

bhai apna bhi 20/3 ans hai
i too joined the majority!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anybody having sectional test 01 questions and ans ???????????????
Pls mail me at ................
:wow: Mein aapka bahut abhari rahunga

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

183 people follow this discussion.