SHOW

Quant Basics for Zeros in Quant - CAT 2012

This thread is exclusively for those who are very weak in Quant and want to start from the scratch. Lets just do quants from basic level and lets become heros from zeros in Quant. I hope this thread will be successful and will give good Quant hero... Read More »

BULL MOCK CAT 1 : Question No.2

What is the value of the expression?

2(sin^6 θ + cos^6 θ) -3 (sin^4 θ + cos^4 θ) ?

1. 1                     2. 0                       3. -1                        4. -2

36. A bookseller sells a book at a profit of 10%. If he had bought it at 4% less and sold it for Rs.6 more, he would have gained 18 3/4 % .What did it cost him? a) Rs. 118 b) Rs 136 c) Rs 142 d) Rs 150

• u can do by options . but let us see the long way. let CP.... 03 Aug '13.
  • plz explain d solution. 19 Jul '13.
You are the creator of your own destiny!
catahead
Sachin Verma @catahead 573
u can do by options . but let us see the long way. let CP be x. So SP is 1.1x. New CP = 0.96x and new SP is 1.1x+6. Now (1.1x+6)/(0.96x) - 1 = 18.75%=0.1875=> (1.1x+6)/0.96x = 1.1875=> 1.1x+6 = 1.14x=> x= 150
Great Lakes Admissions 2015

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

One year fast track management program for candidates with minimum 2 years of experience. Share your idea of progress & win exciting prizes

Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)

Two year full time management program for fresh graduates with 0-2 years of work experience.

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Hi I need to prepare for the ICICI leadership program aptitude test. Can anyone provide me some material to prepare ASAP ?Thanks

173*261/13+(248*249*250)/15. What is the remainder of the above sum plz help....

• 6Comments
  • ohh..am getting 9..not sure of the answer though..could u.... 27 Jun '13.
  • 164?. 26 Jun '13.
  6 Comments
Akrosh007
AShish Shukla @Akrosh007 700
I just consider the case of - 13/5+10/3=89/15=>remainder - 14..
and now 13 mod 5=3 and 10 mod 3=1 so 3/5+1/3=14/15 again 14 remainder..so
(173*261) mod 13= 4 and (248*249*250) mod 15=0..
4/13=4..4 should be ans..calculation mistake in previous 1.
OA kya hai?@felis.catus
felis.catus
Felis Catus @felis.catus 79
ohh..am getting 9..not sure of the answer though..could u share your approach..i found remainders individually n plainly added dem up...

@KBM

HI,

i see that the arithmetic operators are missing in almost all formulas.. pls update those and re-post if possible

thanks

KBM

@KBM
P&L; is one of those topics where you can always save a lot of time (to be used in other questions)....
it's perhaps one of the easiest of the topics to cover..... I'm a 100 percentiler in quant and have made a few videos.... you can use them..... don't use them for any commercial purposes (it's a request) and of course you can pass on the word if you like....

Since I'm in middle of my preparations for civils, I haven't made videos on all the topics, yet there are enough to get the basics right.....

I'm posting the one on P&L; - (excuse me for my handwriting )

100 percentiler twice. Preparing for civils. Can also subscribe my channel "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the Best :)

@HydRocker

Profit and loss is the branch of basic mathematics which deals with the study of profit and loss made in a business transaction.Profit and loss is mainly used in finance and business transactions.Some important profit and loss formulas are :Notations used in profit and loss:S.P. Selling priceC.P. Cost priceM.P. Marked PriceProfit and Loss Formulas:1. Profit or Gain = S.P. C.P. [ profit is made only when S.P. is greater then C.P.]2. Loss = C.P S.P. [ Loss id made only when C.P. is greater than S.P.]3. Profit % = (Actual Profit C.P. ) 100%4. Loss % = (Actual loss C.P. ) 100%5. C.P. = (S.P. 100 ) (100 + profit%) [If profit is made]6. C.P. = (S.P. 100 ) (100 profit%) [If loss is made]7. S.P. = (100 + profit%) C.P 100 [If profit is made]8. S.P. = (100 loss%) C.P 100 [If loss is made]9. Actual Discount = M.P. S.P.10. Discount% = (Actual Discount M.P.) 100%11. S.P. = M.P. Actual Discount12. S.P. = M.P. Discount% of M.P.13. S.P. = (100 Discount%) of M.P.

HI,

i see that the arithmetic operators are missing in almost all formulas.. pls update those and re-post if possible

thanks

KBM

Are there any shortcut methods to solve questions like If the principal is 22000, the rate of compounded interest is 12%. what would be the amount after 4 years if the interest is calculated quaterly???

(i do it by long method bt it takes a lot of tm)

• Ummmm not exactly shortcut but vedic maths can be of grea.... 09 Apr '13.
Shkk
Shekhar Dutt @Shkk 98
Ummmm not exactly shortcut but vedic maths can be of great use here.... as in the concepts related to squares..... you can easily ace them...... and wrt SI/CI, there are some really tough questions that have been asked in CAT.... will try writing about it sometime soon... and about Vedic maths you can watch this video (if you haven't learnt the concepts earlier).....
All the best :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F7wqe1z6q8...

Are there any shortcut methods to solve questions like If the principal is 22000, the rate of compounded interest is 12%. what would be the amount after 4 years if the interest is calculated half-yearly???

(i do it by long method bt it takes a lot of tm)

You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.
@chandrakant.k I'm new to pagalguy!!!
I don't know how to ping since I have never pinged in past!!!
@chandrakant.k I m new to pagalguy!!!
I dnt knw hw to pimg since i hv never pined anyone in the past!!!
@jashholmes said:

@chandrakant.k From where the hell do you get this thing's!!!
Google The more the introspection the more you learn.
@jashholmes said:
@chandrakant.k Are you applying for CAT this year???
Or have you finished it already???
Both Happy Smileys
For more chatting and discussion please ping me . Lets refrain this thread from our chat
@chandrakant.k Are you applying for CAT this year???
Or have you finished it already???

@chandrakant.k From where the hell do you get this thing's!!!
@jashholmes said:
@chandrakant.k You're right, there are more persons to answer then to ask questions in the above thread!!!
Since you are writing CAT, let me take your permission to crrect you.
There are more people(not persons) to answer.....
confusing? look here!
Any discussion lets ping as this is quant thread
  • 1 Like  
@chandrakant.k You're right, there are more persons to answer then to ask questions in the above thread!!!
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

437 people follow this discussion.