About this discussion

Pune...which colleges to apply...

hiya ppl, After my disastrous performance in CAT,the fact is slowly begining to sink in that I would never make it to the IIM's or any of the top 10-20 bschools in India,not atleast this year. I always knew CAT was tuff,but boy!!! CAT this was...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 146 of 284   
saberclaw Says
Don't think of joining Bharati Vidyapeeth. . It will ruin your career. About rest I can not comment.

Dude it has got gr8 alumini

ISPAT,BSE,Cadbury's,Nestle

were the few name that came to BVP for internships

its not bad at all
If u are talking about value than its just the top 10 B-schools that has value .Rest all colleges doesnt hav that much value.After all whatever college you take should make you industry ready that is the most essential part.dont get carried away by 2 acre campus.after all faculties matter n management matters...In whichever college you get into.Its only you who can make a difference in your life.The colleges can give you a direction but what to do is after all your skills.
you can take a thirsty cow to the pond but after all the cow has to drink itself...

In corporates no one wants that you should know everything but what they want is attitude to learn your hardwork, n your problem solving skills.Corporates want your understanding n analysing skills.They are not concerned about your results.Results matter 40%.60% is your own potential..

Think over this and analyze

Best of Luck

I think u r going too far while convincing someone to get into MILE...not correct...
and I also feel u r advertising for ur college here at PG...I can see the difference between advertising and suggesting. And u shd once again look at colleges after top 10 and then review ur comment. they are in top 30 or something because of their faculties and factors that u have mentioned.

So buddy do think before u advice someone...at least here at PG...
No offenses meant so dont take personally
  • 1 Like  
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
@ABHITHE29....WHY u WANNA do mba...the 2 yrs GAP wil show...companies dont lyk gaps....neither tht 58%...

Y DONT U TRY THE PROFESSIONAL COURSES FROM CFA...ICAI ETC..

anything less than 60% is sin...specially in B-GRADE B SCHOOLS....

u can go for indira ,bimm if they give u operations specializations coz MECH (B.TECH).....but I DONT recommend BIMM ....

go if u really are into attending 100% clases...365 days...never late...always shaved...say yes to evrything...hate ur lyf.....

@mangoheart:-i think what matters in d end to companies is ur knowledge,it will always suffice all d discrepancies in d profile.....it is absolutely irrelevant to say dat professional courses would give more oppurtunities den MBA degree...if less den 60% would be a sin...den 80% of students passing 4rm nagpur university in mech would be sinners...:w00t:

ROYALS : IPL 2010 Champzzz....
Warney .. d cricketing god..!!!
:)

namrata04 Says
It is not just about placements vishal it is also about the value I get for the degree... what if i want to take a break in career say 4 years from now... when i go back to the market my degree should be strong enough for market to accept me... what do u think...

If u are talking about value than its just the top 10 B-schools that has value .Rest all colleges doesnt hav that much value.After all whatever college you take should make you industry ready that is the most essential part.dont get carried away by 2 acre campus.after all faculties matter n management matters...In whichever college you get into.Its only you who can make a difference in your life.The colleges can give you a direction but what to do is after all your skills.
you can take a thirsty cow to the pond but after all the cow has to drink itself...

In corporates no one wants that you should know everything but what they want is attitude to learn your hardwork, n your problem solving skills.Corporates want your understanding n analysing skills.They are not concerned about your results.Results matter 40%.60% is your own potential..

Think over this and analyze

Best of Luck
Dear Namrata,
I can understand your worries because this was the biggest concern for me also.To be frank i tell u.Your placements are totally based on the MILE exam and not SMU exam.We study 14-16 subjects in a semester and we work for more than 12-14 hours.our entire curriculum is totally different.we follow 3 way approach.check MILE Management Institute For Leadership & Excellence for course details..

Best Of Luck

It is not just about placements vishal it is also about the value I get for the degree... what if i want to take a break in career say 4 years from now... when i go back to the market my degree should be strong enough for market to accept me... what do u think...

@ABHITHE29....WHY u WANNA do mba...the 2 yrs GAP wil show...companies dont lyk gaps....neither tht 58%...

Y DONT U TRY THE PROFESSIONAL COURSES FROM CFA...ICAI ETC..

anything less than 60% is sin...specially in B-GRADE B SCHOOLS....

u can go for indira ,bimm if they give u operations specializations coz MECH (B.TECH).....but I DONT recommend BIMM ....

go if u really are into attending 100% clases...365 days...never late...always shaved...say yes to evrything...hate ur lyf.....

@aditey..cutipie is right!! PUNE UNIVERSITY RECOGNISED COURSE IS THE BEST ONE GO FOR IT!!!...

REST I DUNNO :)....ALSO U GET MBA AND NOT PGDM

Mates, hows ISBM PUNE for PGDM? How is it for marketing? the placement figures they are showing at the site, are they real?whats the actual placement scene for the 09 batch and current batch(10)of isbm pune?

namrata04 Says
Vishal I am worried about the degree being from Sikkim Manipal University and not UoP. I do not understand the logic behind it and SMU is gradually going on the lines of IGNOU which is not very appealing...

Dear Namrata,
I can understand your worries because this was the biggest concern for me also.To be frank i tell u.Your placements are totally based on the MILE exam and not SMU exam.We study 14-16 subjects in a semester and we work for more than 12-14 hours.our entire curriculum is totally different.we follow 3 way approach.check MILE Management Institute For Leadership & Excellence for course details..

Best Of Luck
GUYS PLZ HELP ME OUT:

hello frnds,iam Abhinav,i've given MAT feb 2010,got composite score of 692.5,secured 92.66%ile..Plz suggest me some good b school in pune, accepting MAT score...dis is my academic profile:

Xth- 64.2%(cbse board)
XIIth-63%(Maharashtra state board)
Graduation-B.E(in Mech) with loss of 2 yr 4rm Nagpur University Aggregate-55.36%
Degree-58.13%

No,Work experience till date...messed up with my CAT & XAT score...Aspired to persue MBA in Maharashtra 4rm dis yr only....plz reply as soon as possible...
GUYS PLZ HELP ME OUT:

hello frnds,iam Abhinav,i've given MAT feb 2010,got composite score of 692.5,secured 92.66%ile..Plz suggest me some good b school in pune, accepting MAT score?dis is my academic profile:

Xth- 64.2%(cbse board)
XIIth-63%(Maharashtra state board)
Graduation-B.E(in Mech) with loss of 2 yr 4rm Nagpur University Aggregate-55.36%
Degree-58.13%

No,Work experience till date...messed up with my CAT & XAT score...Aspired to persue MBA in Maharashtra 4rm dis yr only....plz reply as soon as possible...
Dear Namrata,
I saw your query on pg I must tell u that its a must join college.Being a new college also our reputation is very high.Last week we participated in SIMS event and out of around 60 teams we stood 6th..The reason is the faculties we get are from symbiosis,IIMS. Our founder director has served symbiosis for 10years.

Our summer internship placements has been one of the higest in pune.40000 INR.Our corporate panel is very huge...the fees is around 110000 per semester.I am Proud to be the pioneer Batch of MILE.

MILE Management Institute For Leadership & Excellence

join us on facebook to know whats happening.
MILE(Management institute for leadership and excellence) | Facebook

For any more queries u can mail me or send pm here..

Best Of Luck
Vishal Thakker

Vishal I am worried about the degree being from Sikkim Manipal University and not UoP. I do not understand the logic behind it and SMU is gradually going on the lines of IGNOU which is not very appealing...
course z MMM
best course in singhard vadgaon campus

Frankly speaking we cannot compare the degrees just on the basis of the name. But here is what I feel after talking to various admission officers. MBA as a degree is more popular than PGDM unless the institutes is a very reputed institute like IIM. So if you have an option to take either MBA or PGDM from the same institute, I would suggest take up MBA. Some institutes in Pune themselves recommend MBA over PGDM. Once MBA seats are filled they ask students to consider the PGDM course.

-Paresh
  • 2 Likes  
Hey Friends what's your take on this college.. got a letter from 'em?? Anybody heard or know about this college- Delhi Business School and Hey also let me know how is TASMAC and ASOM ?

help would be appreciated..please help me out..

tasmac has good faculties with avg placements .ASOM is also good one but placements is a ?????

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1284 people follow this discussion.