SHOW

PoH Season III

For quiet sometime now I have been sunk deep in work yet the thought of starting another season has been with me always. This thread has undoubtedly given me moments of introspection, silent tears, whimsical joys and more over a friend indeed...
  • 13 Likes  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Here we don't get calls in 99 from any IIMS
and he converts A B C with 90
Life is not fair :nono:

I reckon we need a break.

Thread closed for 2 days.

No alternate threads shall be tolerated.

Please refrain from such conversations at PG. We respect all converts the same way.

Added Later: This time shall be taken to streamline the thread either in form of a new thread or guidelines.
Thank you for the PM's they made my day interesting.
  • 19 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management- Admissions 2015-2016 Open!

Classes, Case-studies, Cafeteria, Conferences, Competitions, Clubs, Camaraderie! The 7 C's of LBSIM aptly summarize the ideal life of an MBA student, which, as our Director says, should be a blend of "70% learning outside the classroom and 30% learning inside the classroom"!

Learn More

You can check out the brochure attached for any further information!

Download Brochure
QUESTION FOR APRIL 17

1.Have you ever felt that life would have been better if you were born of the opposite gender?

if yes why?:biggrin:
if no why?

2 Given a chance to swap gender...without making it odd..ie if u r a guy by swapping u would become a girl and your world changes...ie everyone will treat u as a girl...nothing odd types:biggrin: would u prefer such a swap:biggrin:

ps:what an odd question

1) No.

Actually, I have never given a thought to it. But if I give it a thought, I realize that it cannot be decided like that. The way your life progresses would have been much different if you had been the opposite gender.

But, as of now, I am quite satisfied.

2) No.

What would my family say?:nono:
  • 8 Likes  
Liked what you read? Visit my blog - http://lifearattle.blogspot.in/
QUESTION FOR APRIL 17

1.Have you ever felt that life would have been better if you were born of the opposite gender?

if no why?

2 Given a chance to swap gender...without making it odd..ie if u r a guy by swapping u would become a girl and your world changes...ie everyone will treat u as a girl...nothing odd types:biggrin: would u prefer such a swap:biggrin:

Despite all the 'ladies quotas' and 'women's right's movements' and laws for protection of women, and the IIMs 'gender diversity criteria' and despite aaallll the perks women enjoy in today's civilized society.....

i would have to say NO

i'm happy being a Man have always been and will always be

PS : no offense intended, full respect to the fairer sex.....
  • 9 Likes  
Mukul Hastak NITIE Team IMPACT-19 http://lifeatnitie.com/
QUESTION FOR APRIL 17

if no why?

• 13 Likes  
I have never asked question on poh, and now i got the chance,
So here it goes.

The police are the species we avoid like plague, but sooner or later we have to confront them, so share your first confrontation with police?

P.S. And if you have more than one such situations, share the better one.

Hmm.

More often than needed, I've had my confrontations with the police. Many police stations in Mumbai, Pune & its surrounding areas have my name on top of the statements recorded in their zones. However, wherever I've had my confrontations, I typically end up knowing the seniormost officer at that location, or know someone in the HQ of that division, hence everything is a cakewalk, so to speak.

At one time, I was working at a major tourist spot where we can even have over 10-12k people visiting on major days. For such days, I've had to go to the station, speak to the senior officer, and have a discussion with him. Hence, many officers from constable to ACP level know me.

So one day, we have an event going on, I am incharge of the technicals and security, and am going around the place getting things into place, which is as usual in the mess anyone who has planned for events with 10k footfalls and 25k turn up will know. The cops have setup a cordon in the core area and are not allowing anyone to enter.

I have to pass through that cordoned-off area, and also work in there - my team members are complaining that the cops are not letting them in. I start arguing with the constables at the entry point - some of them know who I am, but are unable to help coz the ones arguing are senior - but nothing is happening.

I nearly lose my cool and whip out my phone to call the zonal ACP when the DCP of that area walks by. Everyone throws a sharp salute and I just glare at him. Knowing how I normally am a cool & easygoing guy, he looks at me and goes "Kay Modi, kay challay? Ka itka tension madhye distoy?" (What Modi, what's up? Why so much tension?) "bagha na saheb, ikde amhala kaam karaychay, anhi he loke zau det nahit. Gussa nasel tar kay? Amchi jaaga, amche lok, tarihi." (Look here boss, we need to work here and these guys are not letting us pass. Won't I get angry? Our place, our people, yet.)

He starts blasting the constables on duty, makes them apologise to me, and asks me to post one of my guys with them, who will identify the team members and help let them through.

Lets just say this incident is the one that brings a smile to my face when I remember it, but there are many more incidents of a serious nature not fit on PoH threads. Although we try to avoid cops, but then they are the reason we are safe - their overzealousness in maintaining security and processes aside.

Regards,
Grondmaster
  • 10 Likes  
I have never asked question on poh, and now i got the chance,
So here it goes.

The police are the species we avoid like plague, but sooner or later we have to confront them, so share your first confrontation with police?

P.S. And if you have more than one such situations, share the better one.

nice Q again well I am Xavirean by birth means when i was born then i was blessed by devout Father(principal of St.Xavier convent used to live beside our house) your child has bright future in this School God will endeavor him success but has to be wary of his naughtiness well every kid tries to be naughty at his age so whats new:sneaky:
Hmm there is another school Kendriya Vidyalay School always we used to have competition wether its padhai or ladaai always we have to be at top by default.

once there was hockey tournament well guys play fouls one of the guys of that school mischievously played such a way that our front player was injured then while playing hockey i was also not less mischevious bigger Tit for tat hit hard with hockey ball on the opponent's team coach became fainted(amusing coach gaya toh ab team kiske ishaare pe khelega) and some tu tu main main the after that motor bike chain,and other accessories picked up that time my style copycat like shahrukh(typical Josh tapori character:biggrin:) aggressive and that time Josh film was like rampant students were crazy to see that ab aage ka scene
Josh Saila ro *BluRay* 720p eng/subs - YouTube
Maamu aaya "arre yeh mera bhai hai sir puraana hisaab ko niptaane aaye hain voh last time isse mithai khilaya tha apne budday par toh uske paise lene the!!"

for us 40 policekarmi were posted in stadium(hockey)to avoid any kind of dhishum dhishum ..climax bigaad dia yaar
then DSP who is also family friend came to my house and told my father 'apne naalayk beta ko samjhayiyye ki padhai pe hi dhyaan de toh teek hai ladaai karne ka itna hi shauk hai toh mei abhi isse fauj mei bhejwadunga tarnfer karwadunga Army Public School-dehradoon bandook thama dega iss gadhe ke haath mei 50 degrees garmi registaan mei 12hrs khade rahega tab akal thikhaane(he meant at rajashthan border) aayega"

and i like a dumb stupid guy in 12th class kiski utni maturity rehti hai iused to take everything lightly "Sir meri gf chahti hai ki mei fauj mei na jaou agar bemaut maara gaya phir usko kaun sambhaalega" for that iused to get so many scoldings for hours i used to plug my ears with ear phones and i used to be in my own Rock world!!!
  • 4 Likes  

Please refrain from such comments.

We, on the forum discourage discrimination and personal attacks based on reservation/caste/categories.

PS: Whether intentional or unintentional, sometimes we need to take care that our posts hurt no one because we are not actually meeting and saying rather just posting.
  • 19 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **

Bhai mujhe ek Dailogue yaad aa gyaa

"Jab log tumhare khilaaf bol rahe ho samjho tarakki kar rahe ho" !
  • 9 Likes  
" In today's world, quotes don't matter. Quotas do! " !
Back on POH
Question for 14th April 2012:-
How many PGites/PG People/Puys:-P have you ever meet in person??...How was your experience..may be a few lines about each one of them:biggrin:!!!

For those who are yet to meet puys:)...come up with the Wishlist of people you want to meet

P.S:-"Few Lines" wala part is a Must

posting here after ages

Met Mr. Akhil Tiwari at jaipur recently. He's the most humble person ive ever met :sallute: very elegant, very helpful and very exciting.. i was actually tired coz hadn't slept for 36 hours, but as soon as i met him all the tiredness was gone. We talked about everything in that 3 hour meet including hobbies, interests, career, childhood achievements, all the crazy incidents n ya abt girls:biggrin: too.. It was getting late n we were running out of tym, so he dropped me back to railway station. still lot of things were left to discuss, would love to meet him again. @ all puys: plzz don't miss a chance to meet him.

puys on the cards:
varun tyagi sir
eagle sir
lay_man:sneaky:
rajat jain
sadiakhn
nishant goel

puys i wish to meet..
ankur123xyz :drinking:
kapil.viit
rahice sir(it will take u more than a lifetime to meet everybody who have u in wish list, aisa karna ek hi baar PARADE GROUND, delhi mei aa jana sabhi wahin mil lenge aap se ;))
abhimukh sir
vibhati
cutie.pie
saniya
raghav sir
subhakimi sir
ritesh
aprof
cognizant_81
abhi beloved
abhishek bhatia sir(the_hate)
rohit palshetkar
csl sir
preethi

wud love to attend any PG meets in chandigarh if they take place or bangalore later this year..

the list will get much bigger the next tym this ques pops up..m sorry if i forgot sm1
  • 15 Likes  
kuch karne ki ab hai thaani arre rok ke dikha na maamu!!!
I have done it.. I'm heading off to WIMWI aka IIM-Ahmedabad !!!!

PS: and Somehow I'm back with her for now..
(Sorry for the off topic post, but I'm sure everyone can understand my state of mind right now) :biggrin:

hey dude i too expect a great family reunion there with all puys expressing their happiness to see each other.P.S- wise man saying : go for it only when the feeling from inside tells you to go for a kill nothing less than that!!!
  • 3 Likes  

Life is not fair and never will be Sourav.

But instead of putting some one down,try harder next time.

All the very best!

• 13 Likes  

you are now wise ...

and hence can convert A B C next year :biggrin:

congrats roby !! you're already sending chills down people's spines :D

ATB !!!
  • 10 Likes  
Rank 16 to 456 : 440 V jhatka :P  
I have done it.. I'm heading off to WIMWI aka IIM-Ahmedabad !!!!

PS: and Somehow I'm back with her for now..

(Sorry for the off topic post, but I'm sure everyone can understand my state of mind right now) :biggrin:

• 7 Likes  
Back on POH
Well...in the day i was talking to Gudda about me being envy of him:-P as he gets to meet so many wonderful people especially PGites:w00t:

so a question related to it..very similar to a question asked some months ago:grin:

Question for 14th April 2012:-
How many PGites/PG People/Puys:-P have you ever meet in person??...How was your experience..may be a few lines about each one of them:biggrin:!!!

For those who are yet to meet puys:)...come up with the Wishlist of people you want to meet

P.S:-"Few Lines" wala part is a Must

MET:
No one

would like to meet:
Everyone on PG:)
i wud like to list few names
rahicream (plz aap mere posts thank karte raho...kya pata aapke paas sach me Midas touch hai:biggrin::biggrin:.....i get positive vibes whn i read your posts)

Akhiltiwari : again i feel he has a unique personality

swatysachdeva: i think she is really sweet

himspuy

roby_chillz

abhityagi

cognizant_81

Varun tyagi

csl

anwesa09

puri.pallavi

All the Mods:)

15-April-2012
Indian Marriages are world famous....in 2004 it was Mittal's Daughter marriage which raised many eyebrows...or a very recent comment of an Economist...After Attending an Indian Marriage you will forgot is there anything like Recession in the world
so Today's Question is

Share any Wedding Incident which Left you Laughing or with moist in your eyes....:grin::grin::grin::grin:

it was my cousin sister's wedding...everything was perfect n normal.....she hated one of my cousin brother...they were not on talking terms...then at the time of bidaai everyone was emotional including me...she was hugging everyone one by one ......n her biggest enemy was watching her n thinking "ki ye kab yaha se jaegi yaar?"...suddenly she saw him standing there n she ran n pounced on him...she started crying loudly n said " humare bade bhaiya hum aap se durr kaise rahenge?" v all were shocked n v cudnt control our laughter...situation got funnier n v were puzled thinking hw can north pole meet the south pole:w00t::w00t:..........n my cousin bro was actually scared....he told me later on

recently one of my frnd got married..no one cried during the bidaai......people dere were bhaving like kids...they all were shouting n saying bye bye bye...n her bro was talking to her husband n he kept on saying..."dekhte hain aap isko kab tak jheloge.. hum to thak gae the iske nakhre se..:biggrin::biggrin:......ab aap iska bhoj sambhal lena""" v all frnds were laughing listening them talk dat way
  • 18 Likes  
Haso Hasao Life Banao :D, PG QUEEN 2013 :mg:

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

309 people follow this discussion.