About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Rakesh Kumar @lucky_ali

Tags

Photography

Surprisingly I couldn't find a running thread on photography on PG. I am sure there are loads of shutterbugs on PG. :: Lets discuss all the subtleties and nuances of photography here. Which camera to buy, which places and themes to hunt. W...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 19   
  • 1 Like  

Suggest a good place in Pune to buy lenses for Nikon DSLR....

Also, I need to change my camera body. Have some thoughts on the D7100... don't know if it would be a good upgrade...
"Insanity is a just a byword for excellence"
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

@mahalgoldn

anybody please any reviews about Canon LEGRIA HF R205 OR canon ixus 115 hs ...me getting this as a gift voucher which one is good...which one to take

one is a camcorder and the other is a (Point and Shoot) PnS still camera. It boils down to u what u want to choose actually.

Legria has no IS(Image Stabilization) and the battery life is not that good. where as the IXUS range of PnS are pretty good in PnS segments from Canon. The IXUS 115 however doesnot have a manual mode i guess but then it's ok . so given a chance I would not choose any of them but if I really have to choose one of them then I would go for the IXUS 115.

But then the call solely remains with u, whether to go for a camcorder or a PnS

• 1 Like  
  • @Abhilash09 how can i say no to gift voucher :mg:  anyw.... 25 Apr '13.
SPJIMR 2013-15

anybody please any reviews about Canon LEGRIA HF R205 OR canon ixus 115 hs ...me getting this as a gift voucher mg which one is good...which one to take lookround

• tagging some active puys here...@drkunjan @Abhilash09. 25 Apr '13.
ruk jana nahi tu kahi haar ke...raaho mein milenge kaate bahar ke !!!!

:inlove: with bokeh....lookround

p.s. sorry for spamming embarrased mg
IF you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same ......Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...RISE & SHINE,,, STAY BLESSED \m/

Something everyone here should watch. A guy from IIM who left his job to pursue the art of photography. What is his ideology behind getting such beautiful pictures..

• 2 Likes  
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things and good thing never dies 
@mahalgoldn It is nt 35K, make some good research. Don't look at the offical website prizes. And you also buy 2nd hand cam. Lots of guy keep updating their cameras, So if anyone from your city or nearby town is selling it you can sure check it and buy it after physically checking it.

options to buy 2nd hand camera: JJmehta forum
camera buy/sell group on facebook
@drkunjan Lovely work Doc :thumbsup:
SPJIMR 2013-15
Name: Dr Kunjan
What type of Photography you love? Candid, portraits people
Why? I love expressions, and when you have a cute charming face in front of you giving such a mesmerizing smile, It is the best thing to click. That's why I choose wedding photography as my profession as well...

5 Best clicks you will like to share ( with caption and 1-2 lines about the though process/idea behind the click. Do not share location and other unrelated details )
* Upload your photos on flickr with set name "best work"
Link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kunjandetroja/sets/72157632995183854/detail/
Your favorite photographer? Steve McCurry, Raghu Rai, Dev Purabia,
Your queries about photography ( not camera or lens )
Thinking

@drkunjan

Name: Abhilash Kar
What type of Photography you love? Street, of late Wildlife
Why? Probably the best way to start photography is heading to the streets, love the emotions and stories that the Indian streets have to offer, of late I am being inclined towards shooting birds.
5 Best clicks you will like to share ( with caption and 1-2 lines about the though process/idea behind the click. Do not share location and other unrelated details )
* Upload your photos on flickr with set name "best work" Will upload once I get back from office

EDIT: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68421836@N06/sets/72157632983883303/

Your favorite photographer? Kevin Carter, Raghu Rai, Tejas Soni, Sudhir Shivaram,rathika Ramsammy and many more actually
Your queries about photography ( not camera or lens ) None I can think of now, will update later.

nice initiative.

You can post yours too :)

SPJIMR 2013-15
@drkunjan said:
@mahalgoldn save some more and buy Canon 550D ( 30K with lens )
35k hai price??SLR?? abhi cant spend 35k
ruk jana nahi tu kahi haar ke...raaho mein milenge kaate bahar ke !!!!
@drkunjan said:
@Abhilash09 Nope I use Nikon, but they are not paying me for their advertizement, so I give right advice
True !
I use a Nikon too
SPJIMR 2013-15

As I was going through this thread, I saw most of the discussion related to gadgets and I just compared us with writers. Do they guys discuss which pen or laptop is best to write? Obviously no... then why we all are wasting our time on discussing which camera is better??

I know everyone want to have best cam, but that will make you a camera owner not a photographer. I think we need to discuss ideas, thought process behind the click, Insipration , concepts and everything and anything about photography and less about the gadgets. For that we can start by introducing ourselves as a photographer in this thread. I have make one sample format, which is as follow..

Name:
Why?
* Upload your photos on flickr with set name "best work"

Your favorite photographer?
Your queries about photography ( not camera or lens )

suggestions welcomed...

@Abhilash09 Nope I use Nikon, but they are not paying me for their advertizement, so I give right advice
@drkunjan said:
@mahalgoldn save some more and buy Canon 550D ( 30K with lens )
You use a Canon it seems :mg:
SPJIMR 2013-15

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

101 people follow this discussion.