Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Monil Ruparel @reachmonil

Tags

Phoren B-school Assistance Desk

Hie guys, We are starting this thread to _*cater to any generic queries related to B-schools abroad*_. You will also have veterans answer to your queries out here on the thread. Also, merging all relevant threads with this one. * * G...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 51 of 546   

Hi All,

I will be giving my GMAT exam on the 21st of Sep(in 9 days).

However, I am very confused as to what colleges should I select as per the 5 options that every student gets after he/she completes the GMAT exam on that very day.
Hence, your help is required.

Could someone please provide me a list of 10 colleges appropriate for a student with 2 years Work-ex and a score around 690-750 (hoping to get above 700).
Truly appreciate your help in advance.

Hi Guys,

After much pursuation for an indian MBA and my persistent failures to achieve an 97+ percentile in CAT, I have decided to go for GMAT this year. I passed out from an NIT in 2007 and have a work experience of 4+ years in IT. Would fancy a 1 year MBA from a good B-School (that can promise me a decent job) in UK or US or India (if Great Lakes /ISB/Sp. Jain allow me).
However, I'm in a great fix to select the B-School. Also, would like to know if an MBA from UK would be good idea, as the job scenario looks a bit dim (as reported by half of my friends, the other half have never been outside India).

Would be great, if I could get some info regarding the scores accepted in various B-Schools outside / inside India.

Thanks and Regards

Thanks for your tips sir.

For essay #3. Fast forward approximately 30 years, if someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? Why?

Is the adcom asking me to write details about my biography or are they asking to explain the biography title only in 250 words?

Hi Guys,

I am applying to US Colleges and I am confused regarding the transcripts that are asked. Do we have to get original transcripts for each college separately or we can get the xerox copies attested and apply.

Please let me know this asap.

Thanks for all your help!

The Transcript is something your University (the one you graduated from) would provide; it is generally a 1-page document that has the subjects and your grades for each of the 8 semesters.

You just have to upload the scan - same for each University.
  • 1 Like  

Hi guys,

I am Engineer from India. I have a work-ex of 7-years in IT (1-2 yrs International Exp). I wrote my GMAT few days back (690, 85percentile Quant, 69 percentile Verbal).
Want to do 1-year MBA and need to come back to India (if I go abroad) within next 2-3 years (after settling the loan). I am not sure which B-Schools will be best for me.
1) I personally feel that Europe and US might not be good destination because of High Cost Involved there. As cost is high, I think I will not be able to settle the loan in 2 years of time. Please comment on this.
2) As per my Understanding, ISB and IIM (Executive Program in India) are good for me. But how are the B-Schools in Singapore for my profile type (having NUS, NTU and Insead in mind).
3) Do I need to write my GMAT again so as to have higher chances of selection or is this score good enough for My Experience (Provided I have a good IT Sector Profile).
4) Is it advisable to go for some professional service for my Essays.
5) How good with be to get LoR from a US Based Client with whom I have worked (CTO of a Medium Sector Financial Company).

Please advice.

Regards,
Shikhar

Your thoughts on "solitary reaper working in isolation" shouldn't be a concern.
:

This version sounds so much better, Sudhakar-sir. Good work!

Just ensure you'd make it all clear in the first shot, coz Adcoms aren't going to get into interactive mode like we are doing here. You've got the stories, so weave them well to ensure there are no (perceived) gaps.

Should I apply to the ISB in R1 or you suggest I retake the GMAT and apply in R2?

For ISB, I'd say yes, re-take. For many others (internationally) where you'd be in the 40-50 percentile, you don't need to.

For R2, if you can go higher, I'm sure schools won't mind it.

- Sameer
Author | Beyond The MBA Hype
  • 1 Like  
Founder -  MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb
Reddy sir,

Both the aspects you've mentioned about - market research and publications - could give the impression that you are a solitary reaper working in isolation.

Try to break that belief in your application and show how your work has given you exposure to teams, clients and business.

GMAT will be a weak link. But you can still ensure that the way you are sharing your experience with the Adcoms is much better than what we've seen here.

Your post MBA goals (not mentioned in your post) will also be a key factor. So get the whole picture in place, see what questions Admission committees might come up with after reading it, fix them (repeat till you are confident) and then present it to the schools you have on your list.

Sallu-bhai's Ready was a big hit, hope DRSREDDY repeats that story.

Good luck!

- Sameer

Sameer,

Many thanks for the wishes Buddy; Need those the most.

Your thoughts on "solitary reaper working in isolation" shouldn't be a concern. Am managing a large team and has made a lots of business contribution. Basically, can supplement the essays with lots of numbers and strange symbols ($).

Post-MBA goals are clear - Marketing Role in a Pharma/Biotech/Medical Devices company.

GMAT is definitely a weak area; I agree. Seeking your final thoughts.

Should I apply to the ISB in R1 or you suggest I retake the GMAT and apply in R2?

Any other B-School (International) that you'd recommend?

Thanks,
Sudhakar

Hi Guys,

I am applying to US Colleges and I am confused regarding the transcripts that are asked. Do we have to get original transcripts for each college separately or we can get the xerox copies attested and apply.

Please let me know this asap.

Thanks for all your help!

I have over 5 years of experience in market research in the healthcare space. Besides, lots of trade magazine publications.

Am I a good enough candidate to get into any of the top 20-30 US based schools.

Reddy sir,

Both the aspects you've mentioned about - market research and publications - could give the impression that you are a solitary reaper working in isolation.

Try to break that belief in your application and show how your work has given you exposure to teams, clients and business.

GMAT will be a weak link. But you can still ensure that the way you are sharing your experience with the Adcoms is much better than what we've seen here.

Your post MBA goals (not mentioned in your post) will also be a key factor. So get the whole picture in place, see what questions Admission committees might come up with after reading it, fix them (repeat till you are confident) and then present it to the schools you have on your list.

Sallu-bhai's Ready was a big hit, hope DRSREDDY repeats that story.

Good luck!

- Sameer
  • 1 Like  
Founder -  MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb

Guys,

Took my GMAT a few days back and could just manage a 660 (Q 40 V 41). I have over 5 years of experience in market research in the healthcare space.

Besides, lots of trade magazine publications and other stuffs to my credit. Undergrad GPA - 3.1/4

Am I a good enough candidate to get into any of the top 20-30 US based schools. I have the following on my radar - Virginia Darden, Michigan Ross, Emory Goizueta, Indiana Kelly, UNC Kenan-Flagler, Carnegie Mellon Tepper and Cornell Johnson.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

2452 people follow this discussion.