Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Mahip Vyas @Mahip

Tags

PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school -> "What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?" :: Lets relive that here --> *What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?* :: *We can then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 14   
mealiennothuman Says
If I were made a moderator, the first thing I would do is move all threads to their relevant sections :satisfie:

Sounds like, "if i were a politician, i would give free electicity to all"
some things are easier said than done :)

Bharath

if i become a mod, i will install a feature that will stop newbie pagals from creating new threads without approval from moderator.
i think giving older puys who have been around for a long time, some special powers like other mods will also be a good idea.

• 1 Like  
Sourjo Mukherjee PGPM Class of 2013 IIM Rohtak Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sourjo.mukherjee
Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

Have a fetish for weeding crap out, and keeping things organized. Have spent hours organizing my contact list, and days for my 70 GB MP3 collection.

If I were to become a mod, I'd throw out useless posts (why do I see some people smirking and saying my own post count will go down by half :sneaky: ) and threads. I'd try to organize threads and all, so that things become useful for the users. For example, someone searching for MICA threads should be able to see only relevant MICA threads, atleast within the first page of the results.

Like I said... Am a sucker for standardization and keeping things organized... So would like to keep things uniform... Atleast thread titles so that searching becomes easier.

ChUcK

• 1 Like  
A Mallu Accent is just a Hyundai made in Kerala. http://www.facebook.com/ChucksComicsAndStuff
Well the mods are doing excellent work to start with... yeah everyone.

But still there are areas of improvement as it always be:

--> Start of a PG messenger service: This will help cut out spamming as lots of repeated and personal queries could be answered through that.

Nishant

Isn't the ShoutBox on www.pagalguy.com/forum serving the same purpose?
  • 3 Likes  

great suggestions guys!!!!

but it would be better if you post the suggestions her:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/suggestions-feedback-and-more-25008282
so that it is seen by the ppl concerned!!!!

• 1 Like  

Well the mods are doing excellent work to start with... yeah everyone.

But still there are areas of improvement as it always be:

--> Start of a PG messenger service: This will help cut out spamming as lots of repeated and personal queries could be answered through that.

--> PM to increase from 100 mails. 100 is quite a small number even if we can delete it everytime. I might not hurt a normal user like us but some of the angels:) out here.

--> Too Heavy: PG has got a lot of option to make it a bit lighter as far as loading and browsing is concerned.

--> Keep Good Guys: Well for any website or company its main assets are its people. Try to keep them. I have seen guys with talent coming here, using PG and going after they have been benifitted. Try to get them engaged using PGs creativity. The Alumni section is also not that active but that could be understood coz of work pressure.

--> Contacts: Over the year PG has become a name we can trust when it comes to talk anything about MBA. Now PG should increase its contacts over to some companies where it can give some recommendation in the ongoing process.

--> Upload Server: is there a upload server in PG where we can have materials, tips , tricks, Papers and quiz.

Nishant

• 1 Like  

hmm.. If I become a mod/ get to decide the features of the forum..

1) there should be consensus of one more mod on banning a person temporarily and consensus of three more in permanent ban!
something like the various benches in high courts :-)
this should eliminate personal bias (and accusations of bias)

2) enforce a post limit perhaps 2-3 posts on the first day of joining and then gradually raise it to a practical limit. This should frustrate guys from spamming multiple threads

3) maybe unblock the I-I-P-M filtering, to be very frank, it looks childish now, after all that messy battle which happened years ago..!

4) Make a work-friendly version link with less glaring graphics.
Perhaps an enhanced version of archive

5) clean up the MBA abroad thread..It is nothing but a long string of unanswered queries by aspirants

• 3 Likes  
I have a question, or rather a hypothetical situation. Suppose you are assigned to do a job. The job is tedious and sometimes really gives you a headache. At the end of the day you aren't even paid for it :help:. So how will you respond when someone comes at the end of the day and asks you why aren't you performing your job properly?

The current scenario under which the mods are working, I do not feel they are answerable to anyone. Duty you say? How about contributing to pay the mods? . Then you can question them on each and everything they do ;).

Anyway, this is entirely my point of view. Disagree as much as you can. Mods I feel are here to help make this forum a better place and in that they need help from every member. Not questions.

Cheers..

I do agree with you buddy on the part that mod are busy and might be having tedious situation, etc but by replying to members doesnt mean replying instantly, it means like mod can keep a track and reply to all members who have doubt/query in say a day or 2 or atleast can pm him saying that he is busy or its is not in his hand or any thing but atleast revert him.

Regarding current scenario and all, I read somewhere in Forum only that a mod is made and resign based on their schedule, If they are busy and cant handle than they resign and another take forward.

What my point was "Mod/Admin should reply to members query/doubt and if they wont than atleast they should tell them about that. If not, than members should have rights to know that".

Finally its my views, I may be wrong but thats what i feel on my experience with forum.
  • 2 Likes  
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!
i wanna know at what levels one become trainee, addicted , confirmed ,hardcore, etc .
wen does one become a MOD

read this:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/guide-to-becoming-a-moderator-on-pagalguy-25025151
  • 4 Likes  

i wanna know at what levels one become trainee, addicted , confirmed ,hardcore, etc .
wen does one become a MOD

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

103 people follow this discussion.