About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Mahip Vyas @Mahip

Tags

PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school -> "What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?" :: Lets relive that here --> *What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?* :: *We can then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 5 of 14   

found it very irrelevant when i read it today ..

so --snipped---

• 3 Likes  
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter

I've request..Please allow mobile users to choose any version...Mobile or PC. I'm not able to use all it functions on pg-mob so want to use its full functioning pc version. Just give a choice to opt for any that's all. I hope u'll take action regarding this v soon.

pagalguy Says
The home page part will be taken care of within a month. We are working on it as well to reduce clutter & improve ease of use :)

:cheerio::cheerio:
Thx for considering the 2'nd suggestion(read WISH) and I seriously feel it would help the puys in general and the newbies in particular.

What abt the 1'st suggestion, its probably time to develop pg as a one stop sol'n for CAT(or MBA) instead of just a forum (though it has a CLASS in this category).

P.S -> plzzzzz if my tone is not good plz. don't take it otherwise.
Its only coz I have seen so many guys who have been there and seen it all attached to pg that I who wants to be there and see it(:), feels like he is also attached to pg in some way or the other. And so I would love to see it GROW .....

Srry again if I sound rude or authoritative.

I'LL BE makin it the home page of india...

• 1 Like  

If I become an administrator, I would use a lot of AJAX in this site and also change the look to a more subtle colour scheme in vogue for web 2.0 sites these days.

Threads could display posts not just in historical order but also similar to stacking method used by Gmail or Facebook or other similar services. People could see posts and below them, replies to them which can be expanded or collapsed, giving a more connected look to replies. Separate posts could be displayed in the usual chronological order.

Also, its important to develop a mobile web interface for this site. The ad-hoc services like calculation of CAT and other exam results etc. should be accessible from anywhere.
Also, people should be able to view and post on forums from WAP enabled phones.

Lastly, I would introduce more variety of merchandise on sale. I'm sure there are puys who'd love to show off their devil tees. Its important the message is delivered in the right sense (something that sites like Yelp do so well) that buying merchandise helps support the company and is also uber-cool to sport it.

• 1 Like  
If I'd be a mod I will try to convince the admin for the following.
If I am the admin I will do the following...

PG is already the biggest and probably the best forum for CAT/mgmnt but it has the potential to be much much more than that ....

i.) We can have some mocks scheduled at some particular day/date of the month....
Considering the kind of exp PG has it can prepare a better mock than anybody else in the buisness + we get to test ourselves against the best....

ii.) The home page where we are lead to soon after log-in can be a tad more elegant showing some sections such as discussion related threads/fun-masti(including life at b-school etc kind of stuff)/ gyan etc

P.S --> These are the things I would do if I am in the above mentioned position these are in no way to be considered as a criticism of the current format of the PG or under-estimate its role.
P.P.S --> The list is not exhaustive :D

The home page part will be taken care of within a month. We are working on it as well to reduce clutter & improve ease of use
  • 1 Like  
We are hiring: Sales, Tech, Design etc : www.pagalguy.com/careers/  
If i become MOD or ADMIN then i will try to improve the speed of the site

yes i agree there is too much content loaded in the site but there is stat here

over the internet 98% of sites are faster than pagalguy

Adding speed to the site is only what i think of doing now to this site

good work done by ADMIN / MODS here

We have been working over the last week to speed up things quite a bit. In some cases we have been able to bring down load times by half. Let me know if you notice the difference.

Thanks
We are hiring: Sales, Tech, Design etc : www.pagalguy.com/careers/  

If i become MOD or ADMIN then i will try to improve the speed of the site

yes i agree there is too much content loaded in the site but there is stat here

over the internet 98% of sites are faster than pagalguy

Adding speed to the site is only what i think of doing now to this site

good work done by ADMIN / MODS here

• 2 Likes  

If I'd be a mod I will try to convince the admin for the following.
If I am the admin I will do the following...

PG is already the biggest and probably the best forum for CAT/mgmnt but it has the potential to be much much more than that ....

i.) We can have some mocks scheduled at some particular day/date of the month....
Considering the kind of exp PG has it can prepare a better mock than anybody else in the buisness + we get to test ourselves against the best....

ii.) The home page where we are lead to soon after log-in can be a tad more elegant showing some sections such as discussion related threads/fun-masti(including life at b-school etc kind of stuff)/ gyan etc

P.S --> These are the things I would do if I am in the above mentioned position these are in no way to be considered as a criticism of the current format of the PG or under-estimate its role.
P.P.S --> The list is not exhaustive

• 3 Likes  

if i become a mod,i ll improve the visitor msg service coz its very difficult to read the visitors msgs.
2.i ll keep in check the STATE level exams thread coz mostly newbie comes here and create newly threads which are already present.
3.will encourage the other puys to keep a close watch at the puy who makes his clone and advertise abt a particular clg or coaching insti.

• 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

103 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events