About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Mahip Vyas @Mahip

Tags

PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school -> "What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?" :: Lets relive that here --> *What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?* :: *We can then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 5 of 9   

PS: Didn't open in Suggestion/Feedback Section I have more controls over here. ;)

If I were made a moderator, the first thing I would do is move all threads to their relevant sections :satisfie:

I shall ensure the newbies find their foot inside and dont get lost in this huge place..!!

There should be a proper counselling for the newbies and we should be lenient towards them instead of chastising them pehle se hee..!!!

• 3 Likes  
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure
Adding to what i said before... :)

If i became a mod/admin....

I would provide the RIGHTS to members to have an answers from mods/admin on not performing their duty properly and they are bound to answer for any doubts/ inquiry that member have...

I have a question, or rather a hypothetical situation. Suppose you are assigned to do a job. The job is tedious and sometimes really gives you a headache. At the end of the day you aren't even paid for it :help:. So how will you respond when someone comes at the end of the day and asks you why aren't you performing your job properly?

The current scenario under which the mods are working, I do not feel they are answerable to anyone. Duty you say? How about contributing to pay the mods? . Then you can question them on each and everything they do ;).

Anyway, this is entirely my point of view. Disagree as much as you can. Mods I feel are here to help make this forum a better place and in that they need help from every member. Not questions.

Cheers..
  • 11 Likes  

I would provide the RIGHTS to members to have an answers from mods/admin on not performing their duty properly and they are bound to answer for any doubts/ inquiry that member have...

:clap:

Adding my bit to it.....there should be a proper procedure and a set of rules behind a ban. And perma bans must be treated very sensitively. If a mod feels that the person should be permanantly banned, he must consult atleast 3 other mods / admin if that person really deserves a perma. And many more kinda rules......will post them soon. Cheers.....
  • 1 Like  

• 2 Likes  
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!

If I become a mod , I will be bringing SB to the main(home) page..SB is a great hit and seeing the conversations on SB more and more people will want to join PG ..There are a lot of guest users, they will become 'registered users'..The PG market capitalisation will cross 300 thousand users very fast then

PS: Great thread :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 1 Like  

if i become a mod....

the first thing ill do is to clean the GD/PI experiences thread!!!!!!!

these are amongst the most important threads of pg and also the most spammed once....
they need to be cleared of all the posts such as:
great job buddy!!!!
or
You will definatelly be selected
etc
etc

First and the foremost thing, I would keep track on people who do surrogate advertising..
I would start more innovative forums to attract more number of people and to get more hits like the one recently started on skin care something like that...

Some times, May be give directions to un-directed discussions and control wrong information at a times though it is very toughest as everyone has it's right to control the things.

Get more advertiser though it is not the job of administrator but at least I can think of more people who can publish advertisement on Pagalguy(Being the Youngest Targeting Market)

I think if these above three steps would be done then it would benefit the PG to major extend to generate revenue.

I doubt if even a paid job would have such strict rules. In short, if you were to become an administrator and follow the above, then you will be working alone here

If I were to become a Mod then I will let people like you know how much I'm doing for you, something you don't even realize to acknowledge it properly.

Its not that strict unless and until one perform our job Its only strict when one is not doing the same and asked to do it

People will recognize the work without making them aware, Its just one should perform our job and awareness is automatically created
  • 1 Like  
No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!

Well, firstly, I'd like to constantly keep track of my own performance as a mod, and ensure that users get to provide anonymous feedback about my effectiveness. Also, there could be a monthly award for best mod. In fact, if new users get to provide this feedback, it would be even better, because the oldies already know the mods, as well as most of the rules of PG.

Also, there are a couple of sections I'd want to clean up, like the GMAT section. I guess there are just two many threads out there, and it's tough to navigate through. Maybe, some restructuring is required. :neutral:

• 4 Likes  
Q.What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com :D

1) Will keep an eye on all moderators/administrator and will ask them to submit a report if they dint perform their jobs properly.

2) Will see to it that concerns of puys are addressed as soon as possible, as i had found that mods/admins perform their task of banning/locking/guiding etc work properly but they dont concern much on puys doubts/suggestions/new ideas.

3) Will try to resolve puys basic doubts and suggestions in consideration with other mod/admin as the Core function of our forum is to help others and not ban/lock etc.

4) will think and post in due course :D

I doubt if even a paid job would have such strict rules. In short, if you were to become an administrator and follow the above, then you will be working alone here

If I were to become a Mod then I will let people like you know how much I'm doing for you, something you don't even realize to acknowledge it properly.
  • 9 Likes  

if i become a moderator my first priority will definitely be to make each important forum spam free and make it useful for the users which is really annoying at times when you are looking for some information on these forums.

rmbt Says
While I appreciate your ideas esp the one's mentioned above, there is a flaw in the assumption i.e. when compared to Admins , Moderator is an honarary job, and hence, PG isnt the No 1 priority for mods. This is why Mods fade away as they get more busy into there career or personal life. Hence, accountabilty or asking them question isnt that simple.

I hope i made little sense Actually got the idea of report based on submissions we don in our PG /MBA programs

Yes got one more idea on what i would do...

> Will start management contest as its done in various colleges. Y cant we have our own PG Fest (I already suggested the same in Suggestions thread too)

1) Will keep an eye on all moderators/administrator and will ask them to submit a report if they dint perform their jobs properly.

2) Will see to it that concerns of puys are addressed as soon as possible, as i had found that mods/admins perform their task of banning/locking/guiding etc work properly but they dont concern much on puys doubts/suggestions/new ideas.

While I appreciate your ideas esp the one's mentioned above, there is a flaw in the assumption i.e. when compared to Admins , Moderator is an honarary job, and hence, PG isnt the No 1 priority for mods. This is why Mods fade away as they get more busy into there career or personal life. Hence, accountabilty or asking them question isnt that simple.
  • 3 Likes  
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones! 

Q.What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com :D

3) Will try to resolve puys basic doubts and suggestions in consideration with other mod/admin as the Core function of our forum is to help others and not ban/lock etc.

4) will think and post in due course

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

103 people follow this discussion.