Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Mahip Vyas @Mahip

Tags

PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school -> "What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?" :: Lets relive that here --> *What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?* :: *We can then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 14   

3: There are many such old threads i came across which are not closed i can close it.

4: Help newbies online as well as offline..

For the 3rd point , consolidate all such threads and post it in the below thread like this :

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/our-announcements-suggestions-and-feedback/41289-puys-help-us-organize-threads-3.html#post2367839

I hope mods keep track of this thread and take necessary action

for 4th point , I dunno why you want to be mod for helping puys . Its jus a mere Tag . You can help without tag as well
  • 6 Likes  
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
If i become mod on PG i will do following things..........

2. Like to open a Waiting in B-schools forum/thread, every clg should given the last year waiting clearance with their results, in the end everybody knws wht is the clearance status last year from seniours, so I will make a thread for same in which waiting clearance of clgs in last year in shown.

Rest is very well organized in PG

Sounds like a good suggestions. Let us see how we can take this up!!

Cheers
  • 6 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(
Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

1. Shout Box :most of time i will be there. i find some times users indulge in personal attack or spamming of shouts or smileys..

2. Some time users post one liner post like "Subscribing" in few threads..i can delete those posts or inform that user.

3: There are many such old threads i came across which are not closed i can close it.

Existing Mods/Admins are doing excellent job i do contact them and they are ready to help . I would just help in there work which will reduce there burden..:biggrin:

1. You as an informed user can take relevant screen shots and mail to anyone of us. Or report the user and state the reason.
  2. Giving powers to regular users was an option that PG thought of in the initial stages itself, but powers in too many hands causes ruckus. Please report such posts we shall try to manage them. However we can always ignore a post or two in threads.
  3. Trust me when I say this, but I personally have closed SEVERAL threads over the past few years. What you see now would have been left by mistake. However please report them and we shall accomodate.
  4. Whenever anyone sends us a PM or even a post is reported, we try to act on it as soon as we can. Helping offline has its own limitations because I personally have faced people who are a cling on. They would want to be spoon fed for everything, Keeping that in ming I guess it is better to know a user a bit first then share offline details.

Hope this makes some sense.

Cheers,
PP
  • 7 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(

if i be d moderator i would like to device a mechanism that my posts gets notified to aal my friends.i would like to add new comers to the community or forum so that people navigate fastly through all the topics of discussion.also i would like to develop a system of sharing posts for faster and smoother process of learning. i see that ppl discuss careers but extracurricular discussions a re missing ..like u participated in online marketing contest so wat was ur experience ..what was ur strategy..etc..such initiatives need to be taken

• 1 Like  
for the GREATER GOOD

If i become mod on PG i will do following things..........

1. Delete all old threads, which r of no use, closing a thread n deleting the same is two different things, many times people nt see Thread Close status and follow that thread.

2. Like to open a Waiting in B-schools forum/thread, every clg should given the last year waiting clearance with their results, in the end everybody knws wht is the clearance status last year from seniours, so I will make a thread for same in which waiting clearance of clgs in last year is shown.

Rest is very well organized in PG

• 3 Likes  
MSW Disability Studies & Action,TISS Mumbai || 2012-2014 || FB- https://www.facebook.com/deepansh.saxena

Honestly the forum Currently looks so dull and is crying for some embellishment. ....
Cheers!!

Respect the thought of having feature through which users can give something back to the forum :thumbsup:

However, just in case you don't know, PG is moving to the new version with revamped design and introduction of many more user friendly features :cheers:

The new version shall be rolled out soon and then all of us can be even more proud of PGHQ

Cheers!
  • 13 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **

I would introduce a new section in which puys who think have gained a lot from PG can donate Money as per the size of their pocket.100,500,1000 rs.....No holds barred...Then i will use that money for a complete revamp of the PaGaLGuy Portal with a lot of user friendly features and a redesigned Forum....

Honestly the forum Currently looks so dull and is crying for some embellishment. ....I dont see any harm in it.Its entirely on the user consent whether to donate or not...and with the kind of crowd here..I can safely presume a contribution from atleast 90% of the PUYS...:

Just a thought!!!

Cheers!!

• 3 Likes  

If i am one I would have taken initiative to ask legends in quant thread like chillfactor and others to prepare a book on quant and distribute it for free of costNone of the concepts will be available anywhere else:nono:

• 5 Likes  

Agar moi moderator hota to..
Admin ko milke mai ek coaching institute khol leta...ofcourse PaGaL GuY ke name se..
Mentors dhundne hi tension na hoti.. as we have very good puys and pirls on this site..
As far as students are concerned.. ordinary students :nono:
Only a puy having more than 750 posts could register...
So students spam karte and unko ban bhi mai krta
and waha pe sabko unke pg ke naam se hi bulaya jaata.. :thumbsup:
and us institute ka head mai hota

Ps- Just a thought :scared:

• 6 Likes  
according to me a Mod should stay online most of the time..
After getting used to forum i realised existing Mods stay and do moderation so that all threads are kept clean, hats off to them :)

there are few things of which i can take care of :

1. Shout Box :most of time i will be there. i find some times users indulge in personal attack or spamming of shouts or smileys..

2. Some time users post one liner post like "Subscribing" in few threads..i can delete those posts or inform that user.

Existing Mods/Admins are doing excellent job i do contact them and they are ready to help . I would just help in there work which will reduce there burden..:biggrin:
  • 15 Likes  
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

103 people follow this discussion.