About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Mahip Vyas @Mahip

Tags

PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school -> "What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?" :: Lets relive that here --> *What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?* :: *We can then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 9   

Honestly the forum Currently looks so dull and is crying for some embellishment. ....
Cheers!!

Respect the thought of having feature through which users can give something back to the forum :thumbsup:

However, just in case you don't know, PG is moving to the new version with revamped design and introduction of many more user friendly features :cheers:

The new version shall be rolled out soon and then all of us can be even more proud of PGHQ

Cheers!
  • 13 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **

I would introduce a new section in which puys who think have gained a lot from PG can donate Money as per the size of their pocket.100,500,1000 rs.....No holds barred...Then i will use that money for a complete revamp of the PaGaLGuy Portal with a lot of user friendly features and a redesigned Forum....

Honestly the forum Currently looks so dull and is crying for some embellishment. ....I dont see any harm in it.Its entirely on the user consent whether to donate or not...and with the kind of crowd here..I can safely presume a contribution from atleast 90% of the PUYS...:

Just a thought!!!

Cheers!!

• 3 Likes  
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

If i am one I would have taken initiative to ask legends in quant thread like chillfactor and others to prepare a book on quant and distribute it for free of costNone of the concepts will be available anywhere else:nono:

• 5 Likes  

Agar moi moderator hota to..
Admin ko milke mai ek coaching institute khol leta...ofcourse PaGaL GuY ke name se..
Mentors dhundne hi tension na hoti.. as we have very good puys and pirls on this site..
As far as students are concerned.. ordinary students :nono:
Only a puy having more than 750 posts could register...
So students spam karte and unko ban bhi mai krta
and waha pe sabko unke pg ke naam se hi bulaya jaata.. :thumbsup:
and us institute ka head mai hota

Ps- Just a thought :scared:

• 6 Likes  
according to me a Mod should stay online most of the time..
After getting used to forum i realised existing Mods stay and do moderation so that all threads are kept clean, hats off to them :)

there are few things of which i can take care of :

1. Shout Box :most of time i will be there. i find some times users indulge in personal attack or spamming of shouts or smileys..

2. Some time users post one liner post like "Subscribing" in few threads..i can delete those posts or inform that user.

3: There are many such old threads i came across which are not closed i can close it.

4: Help newbies online as well as offline..

Existing Mods/Admins are doing excellent job i do contact them and they are ready to help . I would just help in there work which will reduce there burden..:biggrin:
  • 15 Likes  
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
ank_mission_IIM Says
why my signature is not present in posts?

not the right place to post the request... please use ' search ' option on home page to find relevant thread for the same

A
I will change the color of nicks of puys and pirls So that we can analyse and increase sex ratio in PG.

PG is not gender biased and we believe in treating both the genders with equal respect and that's why all have same color irrespective of gender also, having same color helps in preventing the unwanted spam in the form of using PG as any other social networking website where people keep bugging people by sending unwanted friend requests etc to the fairer sex.

I will give puyscar to Most helpful MOd at the end of the year.

i will hold a poll on PG for most popular guy and will make him Mr. PG

Similarly for Pirl and make her Miss PG.

we already have all these puyscars in AIPGM ... once the voting for same begins, you can vote for all of these puyscars and for other categories as well

Amit shri Says
Have you create the signature,I also want to create my signature.

please use PM for conversations as this is not the purpose of the thread

Cheers
Varun
  • 11 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
hmmm...

hmmm...

i wud have started to give extra points for a nice post which in turn could be reedemed into loads of goodies and more goodies... even free mock test series for the geeks...:lookround:

and as i am a engg. student ... wud have made some puys to cmplete my assignments in compensation of extra points ...
plus... wud have formed beautiful girl dream team of delhi(BGDT)... and obviously i wud b moderating that one too.. :drinking::drinking:.. and wud have given chance to others puys who wud have helped me in doing my assigns and projects... in their respective cites to moderate the same (bgdt)....

and wud organize a booze party day before the cat.. with all the dt (dream team) members... ..

jst simple as that.
MODERATORS.. DNT TAKE ME TOO SRSLY, I KNW I HAVE GIVEN U LOADS OF BRILLANT IDEAS . BUT PLZZZ DNT :oops: BLOCK ME..... AND I CANT ACHIEVE WAT U GUYS HAVE ACHIEVED ... BRAVO TO PUYS... AND ITS MODS + ADMINS... CHEERS...:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:
ank_mission_IIM Says

Have you create the signature,I also want to create my signature.

Well it is not an easy job to became a mod..

All the puys with more than 1000 thanks from Expert or above Puys will get a free PG T-shirt Freeeeeee.

I will change the color of nicks of puys and pirls So that we can analyse and increase sex ratio in PG. :P

I will give puyscar to Most helpful MOd at the end of the year.

i will hold a poll on PG for most popular guy and will make him Mr. PG

Similarly for Pirl and make her Miss PG.

That way whole PG would be more glamorous and we will get motivated.

• 1 Like  

I flew up again, I have left valleys down, miles away...

i will definitely make the site more interesting by posting useful links ... and provide the aspirants a lot of untold informations .... i will certainly fill the voids of present moderators ...

What if I groan at you 7 times now

estranged_gnrs has a ratio of 0.2, pagalguy should have a higher ratio considering that most of his posts are the ones which get reported by users

I will add it to my CV :cheerio:
Maybe it will help me to get a call next time because of some new shortlisting criteria.
All those users whose Groans to post ratio is greater than 0.4 and the user is at least a trainee pagal will be banned.
Obviously because his posts ae unpopular , loathful and incite speculation or useless debates.
Such users dont deserve to be a puy.

What if I groan at you 7 times now

estranged_gnrs has a ratio of 0.2, pagalguy should have a higher ratio considering that most of his posts are the ones which get reported by users

Secondly i will tag posts at ,my descrition, as outrageous .
After three outrageous posts the user will be banned for life from pagalguy.

There is an add infraction option for the mods :)

If i get 20 or more recos from puys to ban a user he will be banned on popular demand.

Hmm

anyone who asks what his chances are even though he has cent percent chances will be banned after a publicly humiliating post from me.

How do you know that he doesn't know. Though I agree that such posts are indeed irritating.

Any art member trying to sweet talk about his college without adequate substance will be banned and the college will be banned for 1 year.

We ban such users immediately. Regarding banning a college, where do we ban the college from? We do inform colleges if their students do something stupid on the forum.

Any flirting , personal abuse , future telling regarding cutoffs and unsolicited advice will be shown the dorr.

We do it :D

using these measure i will reduce the pagalguy populaiton and make it clean.

Reducing the quantity does not necessarily mean that it will be clean

Request mods to make me a new mod ASAP cosndiering the value i will add to pagalguy as a moderator.

Hmm...see this once:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/guide-to-becoming-a-moderator-on-pagalguy-25025151

One more thing. The people who have went on to become mods never mentioned that they wanted to be one. So, umm, you know
  • 13 Likes  

Bhaiya, main to sabse pehle sabko signatures waapas de doonga.

I've raised this appeal on almost every feedback forum. Yahaan bhi kar deta hoon--

Maalik signatures waapas kar do, PLEASE.........

• 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

103 people follow this discussion.