About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Mahip Vyas @Mahip

Tags

PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school -> "What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?" :: Lets relive that here --> *What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?* :: *We can then discuss...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 9   

Follow the Dharma

Improve the quality of content
Moderate some offensive and potshots taken

lassi zabardast hai

i will make it mandatory for:

1. users to improve on moderator suggestions twice a week
2. mandate the use of emoticons once in every 10 posts and not more than twice in 5 posts
3. make it mandatory for uploading a detailed doc like report or proposal or even rfi for membership
4. identify a list of 10 new users every year who have to reveal who they are where they are and what has their experience been and make them 14 independent threads for users to compare evealuate and ask questions ( sponsored admin department/placement users allowed)
5. load a news portal froma recognised news provider and increase the use of a graphical layout for the forum
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

get more guys with the data in thru a special back door and give out admin privileges to at least 50 more

If i become the mod then i will introduce :-

1) The option to upload documents/images in the reply of topics.
2) The option to use emoticons in the reply of topics..

• 2 Likes  
Press 'like' if you like my comment !!

If I become a administrator on PagalGuy, I will open a new thread for undergraduate students.
Pagalguy is definitely a good platform and Pagalguy is doing a brilliant job to fulfill the expectations of Prospective candidates.

But, I think Prospective Undergraduate students need pagalguy to decide and list down their colleges and streams after 12th.
People can discuss the acceptance criteria of various colleges in different cities. The acceptance criteria varies a lot - some colleges depend on percentage scored in 12th, some go for entrance tests.

Also, people now-a-days are NOT blindly wanted Engineering/Medical courses. They wanted to explore various other career options. Those who are already in such type of varied institutes can help them to judge the best suited course.

I would be no more an undergraduate student from June onward. But I felt that Pagalguy like organisation fulfill the need of prospective undergraduate courses.

If i become mod, i would expand its target audience.
Currently mostly mba aspirants and some bank exams aspirants visit here.
I would like to expand its reach to gate aspirants ( more than 10 lakh candidates appeared for gate 5 times more than cat) ... Although there are a few thread for gate aspirants present here but they are too dull as all our experts are in mba threads.
Similarly iit aspirants may be targeted too.
Finally since there are many successfull people present, many puys get to IIMs and other top b schools , means we have a lot of young, intelligent, educated, good earning bachelors here, so we can start some matrinomial services too. .
This expansion will increase business revenue for pg.

• 2 Likes  

where is the admin ?? how dare he can give wrong information regarding ranking of DMS NIT Durgapur MBA it is a worse and worse college how can he show it in top 100 list ???????

• @JaZz_Az Read this please: www.pagalguy.com/rankings/20.... 28 Nov '13.
  • It is done after a comprehensive survey, the process of w.... 28 Nov '13.

Would love to make a detailed calender of all the B-School exams for every year that is the cutoff date to apply, method to apply, registration fees, qualifying exam etc. This calender will be user editable but the content will be publicly verified only after the cahnges are reviewd and approved by the mods. This will help in keeping all the info updated as the data will come from multiple sources and since the mods will review it, the possibility of spam will be very less.

Would also like to make it mandatory for first 5 or 10 posts of new users to be reviewed by mods/experienced puys as thats where the spam/fake users can be curbed
  • 1 Like  
IIM Indore | PGP 2013-15

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/9022-my-city-my-nukkads-me-20.html#post2392381

This thread has been closed. I think this is one of the best threads which got old, eventually ignored, and finally closed.

And this is not the only one, there are many such great threads which, due to the unnecessary neglect, got closed down.

If I become a Moderator, I'll definitely make it my first priority to get such amazing threads active, and get puys so inquisitive, and active that these threads will receive their due respect and credit.

• 4 Likes  
More likely to be found here: facebook.com/neil.mukherjee17

If i become mod......

Now i am on PF for about 8 hrs every day....If i become mod then may be 18 hrs...I can name my addiction atleast.....

{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}

3: There are many such old threads i came across which are not closed i can close it.

4: Help newbies online as well as offline..

For the 3rd point , consolidate all such threads and post it in the below thread like this :

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/our-announcements-suggestions-and-feedback/41289-puys-help-us-organize-threads-3.html#post2367839

I hope mods keep track of this thread and take necessary action

for 4th point , I dunno why you want to be mod for helping puys . Its jus a mere Tag . You can help without tag as well
  • 6 Likes  
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
If i become mod on PG i will do following things..........

2. Like to open a Waiting in B-schools forum/thread, every clg should given the last year waiting clearance with their results, in the end everybody knws wht is the clearance status last year from seniours, so I will make a thread for same in which waiting clearance of clgs in last year in shown.

Rest is very well organized in PG

Sounds like a good suggestions. Let us see how we can take this up!!

Cheers
  • 6 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(

1. Shout Box :most of time i will be there. i find some times users indulge in personal attack or spamming of shouts or smileys..

2. Some time users post one liner post like "Subscribing" in few threads..i can delete those posts or inform that user.

3: There are many such old threads i came across which are not closed i can close it.

4: Help newbies online as well as offline..

Existing Mods/Admins are doing excellent job i do contact them and they are ready to help . I would just help in there work which will reduce there burden..:biggrin:

1. You as an informed user can take relevant screen shots and mail to anyone of us. Or report the user and state the reason.
  2. Giving powers to regular users was an option that PG thought of in the initial stages itself, but powers in too many hands causes ruckus. Please report such posts we shall try to manage them. However we can always ignore a post or two in threads.
  3. Trust me when I say this, but I personally have closed SEVERAL threads over the past few years. What you see now would have been left by mistake. However please report them and we shall accomodate.
  4. Whenever anyone sends us a PM or even a post is reported, we try to act on it as soon as we can. Helping offline has its own limitations because I personally have faced people who are a cling on. They would want to be spoon fed for everything, Keeping that in ming I guess it is better to know a user a bit first then share offline details.

Hope this makes some sense.

Cheers,
PP
  • 7 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(

if i be d moderator i would like to device a mechanism that my posts gets notified to aal my friends.i would like to add new comers to the community or forum so that people navigate fastly through all the topics of discussion.also i would like to develop a system of sharing posts for faster and smoother process of learning. i see that ppl discuss careers but extracurricular discussions a re missing ..like u participated in online marketing contest so wat was ur experience ..what was ur strategy..etc..such initiatives need to be taken

• 1 Like  
for the GREATER GOOD

If i become mod on PG i will do following things..........

1. Delete all old threads, which r of no use, closing a thread n deleting the same is two different things, many times people nt see Thread Close status and follow that thread.

2. Like to open a Waiting in B-schools forum/thread, every clg should given the last year waiting clearance with their results, in the end everybody knws wht is the clearance status last year from seniours, so I will make a thread for same in which waiting clearance of clgs in last year is shown.

Rest is very well organized in PG

• 3 Likes  
MSW Disability Studies & Action,TISS Mumbai || 2012-2014 || FB- https://www.facebook.com/deepansh.saxena

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

103 people follow this discussion.