About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Niru27

Tags

Option Form Filling & CAP Discussion (CET-2008)

************************************************************* *Important Notice : For discussions about CAP Round for CET 2009, please check this link - * http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/mat-state-level-cet-related/41195-mh-cet-2009-option-fo...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 8 of 56   
palaksood Says
Sometimes, the CET scorecard is not delievered by the time you need to go in for your admissions. Hence you can print the online scorecard and get it attested. That will serve as your provisional scorecard. When you get your original, then you can submit that at your college.

But from where can we get it attested? I mean that normally we have to show the original documents, then they attest the xerox documents.Since it is a printout of online scorecard, will they attest it?
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

hi puys,
plz can any1 tell me about GAP certificate ??
i passed BE in 2006 and am working since then .. so do I need to submit a gap certificate ??

thank you so much:)
would it be risky to fill all bogus colleges in first 5 options and then fill all good ones in 6-15

yes obviously :sarcasm:
if u do dat u might very well end up getting 1 of the top 5 ..
and then u r out of CAP2

thank you so much:)
would it be risky to fill all bogus colleges in first 5 options and then fill all good ones in 6-15

hi
i had a kind of query
my cet score is 128
and all india score is 155
now this year there is a provision for maharashtra state candidate that they can apply to all india seats with their all india score and also they can apply for university seats and other university seatsthrough their cet scores.
now my query is that since i have to apply to all the 3 types of seats are there 3 types of cap forms for round 1 or i have to submit only one and the dte will take the best of marks.
please put some light on this query of mine :sarcasm:,thank u

I'm really not good with these admission procedures/regulations...Hopefully someone else will reply to this one?!

Hii

I M an OMS candidate and i got 181 marks.I am sure i m not getting JB this Year.Can seniors please help me out which of these colleges i can go for
Sydenham
Somaiya

I can try next year or will it be worth taking in any of the 2 colleges.Please tell me the preference also. i have heard of Somaiya but not sure for Syndeham
I was thinking of filling JB in CAP 1 and then these 2 colleges in CAP2 will this decision work
from where i can get to know Syndeham fees

Hi Gaurav,

If you're fairly confident of making into the better B Schools next time around , then feel free to skip the admission rounds this year...That said, I'm certainly not regretting my decision to join Sydenham aka SIMSREE... :grin:

For quite a few years now, Sydenham has been enjoying the next best cut-offs after JB, so that should probably tell you something about the standing of the college...

Nonetheless, we have a thread running exclusively for questions pertaining to Sydenham...Do browse through some of the pages and surely you'll get a better idea about the coll...

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/mat-state-level-cet-related/27211-sydenham-queries-and-discussion-48.html

Fees for the course...Rs. 69k for the 1st year...
:2gunfire:So who excatly can apply for cap 2 and further rounds..
?
I am not able to get the idea of this round strategy..
can anyone please reply:new_ukliam2:
Thanks in advance

its simple...
c iff u fill in all 15 options...
n u r allotted anyone betn 6-15..
n u dnt take admission in allotted coleg...u r eligible for CAP round 2...
but in case u get anythin amongst ur top 5 options...u r not eligible for round 2...
  • 1 Like  
Hello pgs,

With the gd/pi and documentation process over the next step is filling the option form under CAP round after the results on the 10th june.

Let us have a healthy discussion as to how to fill the options and colleges to fill in coz carefully filling the option form can decide the dream college which we hope for and even jump 1-2 colleges up!!!

Here is some initial information from the DTE website :-

CAP Round 1 :- First 15 options(Min. 1 and Max. 15)

No. of the option allotted for which confirming Admission is Mandatory :- Any one of the first FIVE options.

Candidate has to confirm the admission, if he/she gets allotment of any one choice from first five options. Such candidates will not be able to participate in further rounds of CAP i.e. Round-II,III & IV, irrespective of the fact that such candidate confirms the admission or not.
Other candidates who have got allotment between options 6~15 may also confirm the admission if he/she wishes so, however such candidate will not be able to participate in further rounds of CAP i.e. Round-II,III & IV.
CAP Round 2 :- 20 fresh options (Min. 1 and Max. 20)

No. of the option allotted for which confirming Admission is Mandatory :- Any one of the first SEVEN options.

Candidate has to confirm the admission, if he / she gets allotment of any choice from first Seven options. Such candidates will not be able to participate in further rounds of CAP i.e. Round-III &I; V, irrespective of the fact that such candidate confirms the admission or not.
Other candidates who have got allotment between options 8~20 may confirm the admission if he/she wishes so, however such candidate will not be able to participate in further rounds of CAP i.e. Round-III & IV.
CAP Round 3 :-25 fresh options(Min. 1 and Max. 25)

No. of the option allotted for which confirming Admission is Mandatory :- Any one of the options allotted.

Candidate has to confirm the admission, if he/she gets allotment of any one of the options, such candidate will not be able to participate in last round of CAP i.e. Round-IV, irrespective of the fact that such candidate confirms the admission or not.
Fourth round by Counseling :- Seat available will be offered to candidates eligible to participate in Round-IV as per inter se merit.No seat tag of reservation, AIEEE etc. shall be maintained in this round. All available seats will be offered only to Maharashtra State candidates who are eligible to participate in CAP Round-IV.

All the best for CET results and the CAP rounds.

Niru

:2gunfire:So who excatly can apply for cap 2 and further rounds..
?
I am not able to get the idea of this round strategy..
can anyone please reply:new_ukliam2:
Thanks in advance

Hii

I M an OMS candidate and i got 181 marks.I am sure i m not getting JB this Year.Can seniors please help me out which of these colleges i can go for
Sydenham
Somaiya

I can try next year or will it be worth taking in any of the 2 colleges.Please tell me the preference also. i have heard of Somaiya but not sure for Syndeham
I was thinking of filling JB in CAP 1 and then these 2 colleges in CAP2 will this decision work
from where i can get to know Syndeham fees

Thnx

Hi,

With your score and rank, you wont be able to get into any of the colleges that you mentioned Atleast not in CAP1 and even in the later rounds, it would be a minor miracle of sorts if you could get into MET, leave alone the others...Off-topic, but you asked if PUMBA is good...PUMBA indeed is good and there quite a lot of people who rank PUMBA right after WELINGKAR...

So, it anyway seems tough for you and for someone who earns decently enough like you, as I said, it wouldnt be worth doing an MBA from anywhere else...I mean, the sal that you might earn post your 2 yrs at a BSchool could atmost be only slightly more than what you're anyway earning now...So, whats the use?

I know, things are tough at office, responsibilties increase, long working days would be the norm...All that is fine, point taken...But will you still wana compromise on what is most likely to be your final 2 years of education?

Might sound heavy duty gyaan but it all boils down to your desire! If you really need soemthing, you'll somehow find a way to get it; in your case, find enough time to balance work and studies...

ALL THE BEST! :grin:

hi
i had a kind of query
my cet score is 128
and all india score is 155
now this year there is a provision for maharashtra state candidate that they can apply to all india seats with their all india score and also they can apply for university seats and other university seatsthrough their cet scores.
now my query is that since i have to apply to all the 3 types of seats are there 3 types of cap forms for round 1 or i have to submit only one and the dte will take the best of marks.
please put some light on this query of mine :sarcasm:,thank u
hey krazy4MBA...
can v fill up d form at one time n take printout of acknowledgement later...
i mean is der option available...

Yes ....... :))
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

181 people follow this discussion.