Free CAT Questions

You get official solutions with each question, and our insights to help you track your preparation.

Click here!
SHOW

[Official] IIM Shillong 2013-2015 Final Converts!

Hi All, IIM Shillong is out with final results. Congratulations to all those who have converted one of the coveted calls. Please continue further discussions here. You may also share your profile in short to let everyone know a... Read More »
what was the last CAT percentile in SC category finally offered a seat in PGP IIM shillong? Please drop in the insights , many thanks !!
  • 1 Like  
And the regret mail comes. IIM shillong 2013 admissions over. Total waitlist for general category this time is 157.
  • Truly sorry to hear that ...guys! Hope no seat goes vacan.... 03 Jul '13.
MBADAD
MBA Dad @MBADAD 12
Truly sorry to hear that ...guys! Hope no seat goes vacant in the end. ATB guys for CAT 2013.
BankPO prep feedback group.

Puys who are willing to help us in this initiative can put across their ideas and thoughts by commenting on the thread.

Join us to make prep better.

Start Here!
hw mny ppl finally registered today ??/nyidea ny1???
  • 9Comments
  • Trying. Will revert asap. Guys are all busy since they ha.... 02 Jul '13.
  • @MBADAD , could you throw some light on how many people r.... 02 Jul '13.
  9 Comments
dwkr250
Diwakar Vikram @dwkr250 7
@MBADAD , been hardly two days in Shillong, and you already have resources at the college...
MBADAD
MBA Dad @MBADAD 12
After today's registration at IIM-S, this is the final update I just received from my resource in IIM-S:

Everyone has joined. No seat vacant as of now. But there may be withdrawals after IIM-Indore final list is declared and just in case some decide in favor of IIM-I. [ MBADAD: All the best guys. do send in your request letters to the concerned in IIM-S...there is nothing to lose. ATB ]

MBADAD
MBA Dad @MBADAD 12
Trying. Will revert asap. Guys are all busy since they have stepped in and till later in the night. They have a few events slated out, I hear. Have been told not to call upto 10pm. ATB
dwkr250
@MBADAD , could you throw some light on how many people registered today, and if there were any vacant seats.....
Though far behind at WL14, i have sent following mail to the Director and chairman Admis comitte.

Respected Sir,

I am Anurika Arora, currently waitlisted at 14. As the admission process is drawing to a close I am afraid that even after putting my best and leaving my job for getting admission into IIM , I may be deprived from the opportunity to get admission in IIM-S, though few seats are likely to go vacant .

I humbly request your good honor that as the final list of IIM-K clearing waitlisted candidates is expected to come on 4th July , the admission process in IIM-S maybe continued for a few more days even after the registration date . As you would kindly agree that leaving the seats vacant in prestigious institute of IIM stature, whose pass out help build the nation, shall be a drain on national exchequer.

Yourself being at the helm of IIM Shillong and known to be person of taking exemplary decisions, I expect justice from your honor.

Thanks

Anurika Arora

If more person will adress the issue to them, they may think twice before closing....ATB
  • 12Comments
  • You can follow the mail link at www.iimshillong.in/academ.... 02 Jul '13.
  • Don't expect any reply.. 02 Jul '13.
  12 Comments
dwkr250
I think we'll get the regret mail tomorrow anyway... if something's gonna happen... it has to be today.... if more than 4-5 general seats are left vacant after today's registration... then only the director might intervene... else its over
anurika_arora
@anurika_arora 2
yeah, i kno, v won't get the reply but v can expect some action from them. More so the regrett mail has also not been recieved.
anurika_arora
@anurika_arora 2
You can follow the mail link at www.iimshillong.in/academics/faculty.asp

Below is the reply I got from the Adcom person:

"Today is the day of registration after which we will close the admission process for 2013-15. Even if we call people from the waitlist to accommodate last minute withdrawals, we are sure they will not be able to reach IIM Shillong today for registration which is mandatory."

only hopes now with an intervention by the director....

• 9Comments
  • yeah 4th is orientation... lectures will start from proba.... 02 Jul '13.
  • But that is so stupid, Isn't it obvious that if they call.... 02 Jul '13.
  9 Comments
vipul.kothari
Vipul Kothari @vipul.kothari 18
So Do I, no replies to anyone. Ask on the fb grp, if seniors cud share that.
dwkr250
if somehow we can get the official mail-id of the director we can atleast register our grievances with him..... this queries thing was just a waste of time I think...
vipul.kothari
One day is enough too, Plus Lectures start on 5th? i.e friday? and thn weekend again?
dwkr250
yeah 4th is orientation... lectures will start from probably 5th .... 3 days are more than enough for us to reach there and complete all formalities....
vipul.kothari
But that is so stupid, Isn't it obvious that if they call today, people wont be able to reach today, so why will they call. So the "Even if we call" statement is just a polite way of saying, SORRY we won't b considering you. I guess we should talk to the Director regarding this, I mean Relaxation in registration by a day is not acceptable, but seats going vacant is. This is ridiculous, coming from such an prestigious institute.
Any chance for w/l 103 ???
  • 1 Like  
  • bhai next year :stuck_out_tongue:. 02 Jul '13.

Converted n joining :)

• Congrats dude :smiley: Happy for you :smiley: How man.... 02 Jul '13.
MBADAD
MBA Dad @MBADAD 12
Congrats dude Happy for you How many folks registered today? Why dont you get the figure here for the others and asap. Also can you source the email ids of the Director and Convenor Admissions? Guys are fervently in need of it to email their request...in case some seats get left over.
Do anybody have idea of how many seats are vacant as of now???
  • 35Comments
  • to amitabh de and basav rao chaudhary...... 01 Jul '13.
  • @dwkr250 what is ur w/l. 01 Jul '13.
  35 Comments
MBADAD
MBA Dad @MBADAD 12
ATB guys. I am concerned it was just my duty. My take: 1) Make it collective as much as possible. Unity is strength...it might make them sit up, 2) Please please do not lose your cool. Make it sound like an earnest plea expressing your keenness. Somebody had had referred to last year's case and mentioned, let us take them on kind of. PLEASE REFRAIN from that approach. It will surely kill whatever chances otherwise. Possibly there is no harm in also suggesting that a few friends of your's have got into IIM-I and there they are accepting admission even beyond the initial registration date and after the classes have started. Just a thought...also if possible, also courier a copy of your request letter through Blue Dart-24 hour service....that Rs. 200-300 you will spend will be well worth it, I feel.
@SuperHornet congrats bro... u converted... ATB!!!

• 3 Likes   7Comments
  • congrats bro @SuperHornet. 01 Jul '13.
  • @SuperHornet See i told you, u will! :smiley: Congrats!. 01 Jul '13.
My earnest request to all the candidates who converted yesterday night (30th June) or may be before that and are not willing to join IIM-Shillong, please drop a mail to Admissions Office [admissions@iimshillong.in] stating that you don't wish to accept the offer. Please Puys put in this mail if you are not joining because now they will update the WL only if people put withdrawal request or say that don't wish to accept the offer(those who got offer yesterday). Unless until you do that seats will go vacant. Thanks in advance from a WL candidate.
  • 1 Like   28Comments
  • So have I. Let's see!. 01 Jul '13.
  • I've sent them a mail .... now all hopes with the admissi.... 01 Jul '13.
  28 Comments
SuperHornet
SuperHornet @SuperHornet 54
Yaar call karke yeh baat bolte hain unko ... bcoz even i mailed, no reply
vipul.kothari
Nahi, that day sent a mail, saying no. changed, got reply in 40 seconds. Aaj ye likha, no reply.
dwkr250
I've sent them a mail .... now all hopes with the admission department, if they will act upon what we requested....
converted and joining!mgmg
  • 2 Likes   6Comments
  • yes. by 2nd of july.. 01 Jul '13.
  • @dibyasaha Congrats ... n have they given u any deadline .... 01 Jul '13.
  6 Comments
SuperHornet
ok ... i just wanted to know when is the deadline to pay the NEFT 90k fees .... because if it's before 2nd of July ... then we can expect one more list else no .. if u can please tell this it will be really helpful
dibyasaha
Dibya Saha @dibyasaha 59
i've to pay the acceptance fee of 90000 through NEFT and the rest 1,55,500 on the day of registration.
SuperHornet
so u have to do a neft transfer ... or pay it at the time of registration?
SuperHornet
@dibyasaha Congrats ... n have they given u any deadline by which u have to fill the acceptance fees of 90k?
Guys the W/L has moved by 9 for Gen. Category.Congrats to those who converted.

Please people who are joining IIM-S after this movt. comment here. Puys please do put your comments. Will be really helpful for people like me ... I am W/L 3.

• 6Comments
  • @Ricky123456 congratss man, hey could you tell us what gu.... 30 Jun '13.
  • Congrats, @Ricky123456 !. 30 Jun '13.
  6 Comments
SuperHornet
@Ricky123456 yaar if u could tell ... by when will u have to pay the 90k acceptance deposit ?
Ricky123456
Ricky @Ricky123456 37
thanks @SuperHornet & @dwkr250 ...they have asked me to be physically present on 2nd july for registration and pay the fees ...unable to open all the appendix right now, so will update if any other necessary information.. i guess there will be so more movement and hope to see you guys there...all the best guys
dwkr250
@Ricky123456 congratss man, hey could you tell us what guidelines did they give you, what is the deadline for accepting offer?... will help us ascertaining if there'll be another movement....
I have converted. I have joined Finance at SP Jain and 3 weeks are over. Any idea about Fin placements at IIM-S? I am almost a fresher with only 4 months of work-ex.
  • 1 Like   21Comments
  • @dwkr250 Bro, what do you think any chance that another l.... 30 Jun '13.
  • Don't mention it :smiley: Happy to help.. 29 Jun '13.
  21 Comments
dwkr250
4th july, this deadline of sunday n8 for offer acceptance to nuttyspice, has given me some hope that there maybe another w/l movement...
SuperHornet
@dwkr250 Bhai, agar convert hua to saath me hi hoga ... i am currently on W/L 12 ... let's hope for the best. And when is the registration for Indore?
dwkr250
i think you would surely convert on monday..... i will have some chance as well... if there are some overlaps with the indore list that'll come out on 2nd... bt one thing is for sure this time they may extend admission after 2nd as they haven't given regret mail till now to those who didnt get the phone call.....
SuperHornet
@dwkr250 Bro, what do you think any chance that another list will be out ... do you fancy your chances?
total movement in SC category =112
  • 6Comments
  • im also wl at 6 but in indore...here im wl at 48.... 29 Jun '13.
  • whatsv ur w/l? am at w/l 6. 29 Jun '13.
could all those who have got phone call from IIM shillong post their ORIGINAL Waitlist no..thankyou..
  • 6Comments
  • @ritz15 Did u call the admissions office to know whether .... 29 Jun '13.
  • @ritz15 u still hopeful???. 29 Jun '13.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

336 people follow this discussion.