About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Hari P R @hari_87

Tags

(Official) DMS, IIT Delhi Admission Queries 2011

Hello to all aspirants, With the JMET results having got declared today, the admissions committee of DMS, IIT Delhi will, through this thread, address any queries you might have about the admissions process and/or general assistance on the proce...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 24 of 32   
all india rank : 2851
score 74.75 with balanced sectionals
NC-OBC category

can i apply for iit-d ???

Yes, you can! You have a very good chance of getting a call!
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

all india rank : 2851
score 74.75 with balanced sectionals
NC-OBC category

can i apply for iit-d ???

Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure
hello puys
I want to know that are there any present students of IIT D who are from Pharmacy background.
I am pursuing my B.pharm final year and have qualified for JMET and I think I'm only eligible for IIT D.(According to the eligibility criteria)
Can somebody help me?

There are not any in the current batch, but there's no reason why that should stop you from getting an admit In fact, you can even use it to your advantage in the PI stage. It depends on how you project it and relate it with your goals.
All the best.

hello puys
I want to know that are there any present students of IIT D who are from Pharmacy background.
I am pursuing my B.pharm final year and have qualified for JMET and I think I'm only eligible for IIT D.(According to the eligibility criteria)
Can somebody help me?
thanks

Jaane kya hoga Rama re!! 
Hi,
I have a query; What all things do we need as a proof for work-ex? Also, in the achievements sections, do we need documentation for everything( i.e. certifcates etc.) or in some cases just the candidate's word will suffice?

Thanks,
Prakhar.

You can submit payslips or letter of employment as proof of work ex, and yes you need to produce valid proof for everythin that you would specify in your form...

All the Best
  • 1 Like  

Hi,
I have a query; What all things do we need as a proof for work-ex? Also, in the achievements sections, do we need documentation for everything( i.e. certifcates etc.) or in some cases just the candidate's word will suffice?

Thanks,
Prakhar.

What are the tentative dates for GD/PI?
Hoping for a quick reply..

It would probably be conducted from 4th to 7th March and final results by April end.

Admissions Committee
Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
Class of 2012
Online Application Form 2011
  • 3 Likes  
Hi,

I am an Elex and Telecom Engg. working as development and instrumentation maintenance Engineer in a nuclear industry for last 6 years. What are the basic subjects I need to work on. In fact what is the definition of basic ? Do they emphasize on quantz. Do we need to brush higher mathematics?

As such I am associated with only control system. Nothing much Nuclear.

You mean for GDPI? Your interview is more likely to be on your workex , current affairs, interests etc, than on quant or higher math. Not really necessary to brush up higher math anymore, now that you've cracked JMET
  • 1 Like  

The GDPI windows would, I believe, be scheduled among the IIT's such that there is no clash of dates. We will give you information on DMS' GDPI dates as soon as we get it. It would be sometime in the month of March. Last year, it was held towards the end of March.
  • 1 Like  

Hi,

I am an Elex and Telecom Engg. working as development and instrumentation maintenance Engineer in a nuclear industry for last 6 years. What are the basic subjects I need to work on. In fact what is the definition of basic ? Do they emphasize on quantz. Do we need to brush higher mathematics?

As such I am associated with only control system. Nothing much Nuclear.

Hello Seniors,
Is focus telecom only for engineers with telecom degree?
I am a comp engineer and my interests is in Finance.
Kindly comment.

As it has already been stated earlier, there is not much difference in the courses except for 4 courses and none of the courses require any prior specialization, it just depends on your interest...

For ex:

1. If I am Management System student and I take Finance and Ops as my subjects in 2nd year, I can specialize in these 2 with focus on Management Systems

2. If a telecom student takes Finance and Strategy in 2nd year, he will specialize in Fin ans Stg with focus on Telecom Systems..

You can take any of the offered specialization in either of the 2 programs...
  • 2 Likes  
hari_87 Says
SOP is obviously very important. Take it seriously. Explain why you wish to do MBA and why you want to do it in DMS, IITD.

Hello Seniors,
Is focus telecom only for engineers with telecom degree?
I am a comp engineer and my interests is in Finance.
Kindly comment.
ragsshah Says
What to write in SOP ?? Will it make a big difference in selection process??

SOP is obviously very important. Take it seriously. Explain why you wish to do MBA and why you want to do it in DMS, IITD.
  • 2 Likes  

What to write in SOP ?? Will it make a big difference in selection process??

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

186 people follow this discussion.