About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@vinvin_123

Tags

Official 2005- Admits to UK univs for MBA,Msc mgmt,finance..

Hi there guys and gals, searched quite a bit but could not find any thread which had the list of ppl going to UK this sept for their MBA or Msc in any particular field of mgmt, hence this new thread. In this thread ppl pls post which uni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 28   

I saw some one ask about the college.... well for post grad studies the college dosen't play much role other than providing you with accommodation...and college accomm in oxford the cheapest....... and they provide you with a daily social life wiht each college having own pubs, tv room etc... so going to a richer college makes life more interesting and you want your college to be as close to the b school as possible...but sadly all college are 15 min cycle ride...which is not bad at all.........

don't leave college empty but chose christ church, corpus christi, university college, just put in one...if you get an admit into the course it is the univ's headache to get you a college incase your mentioned one is full....but the good ones are st hughs(too far though from b school) , keble, christ church( one of the most brit type with all dressed up butlers moving all around and the famous dining hall in the harry ptter movies)

cheers

Does anybody have any information about the University of Wales, MBA program?

Is it residential/ as in with teacers or is it online?
What are the entry requirements? Is GMAT required?
What is this business of program online facilitators? Are they like professors or what, me not understand people..
please enlighten!

Anand
http://anand-mind-spark.blogspot.com

HI SAMARTH

thans man for so many praise.. but i am only helping bcoz i was also lie u 1 yr before,

and for u doing ma or msc from a grade school ,,, its excellent if u can afford these,, but its really going to hard if u do jo side by side,,

and for placement ... its not guarentee,, that if u hav don it form A grade the plcement,,, cos over here loo for past background,, other activities ,, and score of min 60-70 %...

but if u are intelligent and foc then every1 here needs u,,,

but let me make u also aware of the graduate plecement that,, most of the banking and finance companies doesnt help for work permit afterwards , so be cautious,, as i had applied to 2-3 banks and they straightaway refuse for any assistance and also 2 banks had a criteria that u must hav an account in UK for at let 1 year,,, crazy eligibility.. but its all like this over here,,

but best 4 u,,, u got ex,,, and if good acedemic,, and from a grade,,, then the biz is urs,, and u will b in top...

PANKAJ

He Pankaj,

thanks for guiding me yar...

Good to hear that someone is guiding us , by his own exp,...ALL the best buddy, u will definately get a GUd offer in UK...

He man, tell me one more thing,,,u have seen my profile ,,am i eligible for MA or MSA courses in Grade A colleges,,,,

And the most imp question is...

Will i get placements easily after doing my MA or MSC from grade A colleges, my ambitions are not very high, to earn a lot of money..

i just want to recover in an year or so as much as i have spent on my studies in UK.

Pls guide me as to is it loke whatever course u do from Grade A univ , u will be placed??????????
Also i have come to know that their are lot many banks in Uk, so it's always advisable to go for finance as a course in MBA or msc, so that u get easliy placedis IT SO

bEST OF LUCK AGAIN FOR UR joB SEARCH...

Hello guys,,,

I am Pankaj here,,, doing my MA int biz from leeds met uni, leeds 2005 -06..

those of you comming over here 2 uk,,, for study must first confirm that they are comming for study only and go 4 good uni,,, like LSE, oxford, cambridge or manchester...as you can get easy placements and if u r commming 2 b grade uni like leeds or cardiff , bradford, glasgow,,, then,, u hav to really struggle for a placement ove here bcaz of the work permit situation afterwards((mine problem now).

so go for good uni if u can afford it,,, and really u hav to do a lot of reading even in c grade uni,, better prepared with all the basic books of ur respective fields.. otherwise u hav to read those along with ur studies within 1 year and u cant learn anytihing extra,,and will not b in an advantage positon over others.

wish u all d best for ur choice of uni,,

AND WHERE ARE YOU GUYS,,, VINOD, SAMARA,, AND ALL,, HOW RU DOIN AT CARDIFF
PANKAJ

Hi ,

I am a software professional from india.
i am looking for an admission in your college in fall season.
But after seeing your site i have some doubts.
pls help me out:
1: i have got a 14 months exp in an MNC as s/w professional till date.
MY graduation(engeneering) percentage was also 78%.
i have got a score of 680. AWA-5

Also My toefl score is 263
My writing score is 5 in Toefl.

I am in a big dilemma.....

i am sure that u guys willbe able to help me out--

i am very mush intrested in pusuing my higher studies form UK, as it has 1 yr MBA course---

I have done a bit of research on the B-Schools in Uk,,

i want to pursue my studies from the Top B Schools in Uk like....

Lanchaster,
Manchaster,
Warwick,
Durham,
Cass,
Bath etc,,,

But after going thru the sites og these univ, these univ req min 3 yrs of exp, but by he time i will end up ie in aug 2006 i will have 2+ yrs of exp, so should i give it a try in these univ.

Also pls give ur thought in the credability of the specalization courses (MSC) in Uk univ,,,,,,Do people get placed after getting thru these courses., as they don't req any Work ex.

Also Which is a better choice-

Doing MBA from a univ Like CARDIFF who do not req any work ex OR doing a specilization courese from Top univ in Uk?????

Also i have come to know that their are lot many banks in Uk, so it's always advisable to go for finance as a course in MBA, so that u get easliy placed.

Any thought or comments are welcome----

thanks
Samarth

Hi there
I m intereseted to do MBA from a good uni form uk.
I am very confused to final it as some the uni which r good but charge a lot.
I m lookin for a good with average fees.
Pls guide me.

Thanx

But admin it is mentioned in the website that we need to register for colleges at the same time,which enables to get accomadation easier...can u suggest which college is better for people who are from middle class from india..am sure u got my point...

Any one from SDA Bocconi or IESE..

Hi,
In the Oxford:Said's website it is mentioned that we need to mention the name of the college.I am little confused about this..can some one enlighten what we need to do about this and which school are we expected to select for getting admission...

thanks in advance

Said Oxford has the collegiate system wherein you apply to the bschool but have the option of residing in the college of your choice with Oxford. Go thru their website to find out more info on the same. Based on my experience, you can leave it blank for now and call confirm your selection after you are admitted
We are hiring: Sales, Tech, Design etc : www.pagalguy.com/careers/  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

49 people follow this discussion.