About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@vinvin_123

Tags

Official 2005- Admits to UK univs for MBA,Msc mgmt,finance..

Hi there guys and gals, searched quite a bit but could not find any thread which had the list of ppl going to UK this sept for their MBA or Msc in any particular field of mgmt, hence this new thread. In this thread ppl pls post which uni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 19   

Hi ,

I am a software professional from india.
i am looking for an admission in your college in fall season.
But after seeing your site i have some doubts.
pls help me out:
1: i have got a 14 months exp in an MNC as s/w professional till date.
MY graduation(engeneering) percentage was also 78%.
i have got a score of 680. AWA-5

Also My toefl score is 263
My writing score is 5 in Toefl.

I am in a big dilemma.....

i am sure that u guys willbe able to help me out--

i am very mush intrested in pusuing my higher studies form UK, as it has 1 yr MBA course---

I have done a bit of research on the B-Schools in Uk,,

i want to pursue my studies from the Top B Schools in Uk like....

Lanchaster,
Manchaster,
Warwick,
Durham,
Cass,
Bath etc,,,

But after going thru the sites og these univ, these univ req min 3 yrs of exp, but by he time i will end up ie in aug 2006 i will have 2+ yrs of exp, so should i give it a try in these univ.

Also pls give ur thought in the credability of the specalization courses (MSC) in Uk univ,,,,,,Do people get placed after getting thru these courses., as they don't req any Work ex.

Also Which is a better choice-

Doing MBA from a univ Like CARDIFF who do not req any work ex OR doing a specilization courese from Top univ in Uk?????

Also i have come to know that their are lot many banks in Uk, so it's always advisable to go for finance as a course in MBA, so that u get easliy placed.

Any thought or comments are welcome----

thanks
Samarth

Hi there
I m intereseted to do MBA from a good uni form uk.
I am very confused to final it as some the uni which r good but charge a lot.
I m lookin for a good with average fees.
Pls guide me.

Thanx

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

But admin it is mentioned in the website that we need to register for colleges at the same time,which enables to get accomadation easier...can u suggest which college is better for people who are from middle class from india..am sure u got my point...

Any one from SDA Bocconi or IESE..

Hi,
In the Oxford:Said's website it is mentioned that we need to mention the name of the college.I am little confused about this..can some one enlighten what we need to do about this and which school are we expected to select for getting admission...

thanks in advance

Said Oxford has the collegiate system wherein you apply to the bschool but have the option of residing in the college of your choice with Oxford. Go thru their website to find out more info on the same. Based on my experience, you can leave it blank for now and call confirm your selection after you are admitted
We are hiring: Sales, Tech, Design etc : www.pagalguy.com/careers/  

guys someone reply too my questions ..............

Hi,
Anyone here applying of University of Reading for sept 2006? I am still in the initial phase of application process...has anyone here got info on the ISMA corse offered?

Cheers!

Hi,
In the Oxford:Said's website it is mentioned that we need to mention the name of the college.I am little confused about this..can some one enlighten what we need to do about this and which school are we expected to select for getting admission...

thanks in advance

what do u need to get into cardiff university..............i am doing my SYBMS ...just gave the sem-3.........

Hi there guys and gals,

searched quite a bit but could not find any thread which had the list of ppl going to UK this sept for their MBA or Msc in any particular field of mgmt, hence this new thread.

In this thread ppl pls post which univ ur going to and what course u hav got a Unconditonal or conditional offers for, obviously along with this u can also post ur queries,advice and any piece of info u wanna share with the junta..

Well to start of the proceedings, let me post abt my offer(so much for being modest...)

School applied to: Cardiff Business School.
Offer: Unconditional
Course st month: Sept 2005.
Course Applied for: MBA (full-time)

Hope to hav a fruitfull discussion with all u wonderfull ppl out there going to UK this year,

Let the networking BEGIN

cheers,

vinod.k

what are the requirements for the admission in Cardiff Business School. like what is the total fees , how much marks do u require for gettin in admission for MBA in cardiff school....any job assures after the course.

hey guys......
no post from a long time.........hope u guys rockin uk

pls post ur experiences

cheers

hello guys,, wats hapenin,

no posting since long time,,, got home internet connection 5 days ago only..
and wat abt all of u guys,, hi,, i am counting those who had reached in uk ,, the countdown begins with each of us telling the number followed by name and university.

1. pankaj agrawal , leeds met univerrsity, leeds

and will soon post som epic also..and waitng for others,,,

and VINOD man,, thats a nice clip.. but if u r commin 2 leeds ,... will rock here.

njoy
PANKAJ

post messages...

where r u vinod gaurav.

Hello Samra and fellow threadbearers,
I am amidst some application teething problems. I want to apply to Oxfrd-SBS but was intimidated.. I have about 2.5 years of work ex in Infy but owing to the vagaries/nature of work I shall not be able to get exceptional recommendations... I have a very good acad record throughout but recos.. after being away for so long and changes in college administrations...:-(
I want to know:
1. How exceptional do the recos need to be
2. What do you think made your application a winner .. was it work ex/college/essay?
3. GMAT??
Any help or pointers will be totally appreciated ..
Thanks!

Hey Vinod!
I am currently working with CSC at Noida. Its going to be 3 years with the organisation before I join Oxford SBS. Did B.E. in Electronics.
Are you taking any loan from UK?
cheers! :)

important news

contact amit in delhi before leaving for cardiff

amit 09434055624

find about new news.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

49 people follow this discussion.