About this discussion

Last updated

Author
MBA Knightt @mbaknightt

Tags

NUS MBA 2012 Intake

The application dates for 2012 Intake are out! From their website, The NUS MBA - Home Page. The application for August 2012 Intake will commence on 01 October 2011. MBA Full Time: 01 Oct 11 - 31 Mar 12 MBA Part Time: 01 Oct 11 - 15 M...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 27 of 120   
hi rahul... check download and upload speed on spedtest.net . i think for a good video chat on skype you need a minimum of 400 kb/sec upload / download speed....
and i am also expecting my interview call in another week or so.. because i got my interview notification on 2nd march...if anybody is interested than we can take ,mock interview of each other... it has been a long-long time since i gave any interview....we can also practice niceties on skype...:) :cheers:

Thanks PGO,
My download speed is fine but upload is a bit low. Let me check with some friend if I can use wired connection instead of wireless.

hi rahul... check download and upload speed on spedtest.net . i think for a good video chat on skype you need a minimum of 400 kb/sec upload / download speed....
and i am also expecting my interview call in another week or so.. because i got my interview notification on 2nd march...if anybody is interested than we can take ,mock interview of each other... it has been a long-long time since i gave any interview....we can also practice niceties on skype...:) :cheers:

Hi Guys....
I have my interview on 13th March. I tested my skype and web cam...

As I use tata photon data card to connect, it seems video quality is not good.
Did any of you faced issue on Webcam interview.. did you go to some other place for interview...
  • 1 Like  
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Hi Guys....
I have my interview on 13th March. I tested my skype and web cam...

As I use tata photon data card to connect, it seems video quality is not good.
Did any of you faced issue on Webcam interview.. did you go to some other place for interview...

AJUS: BISHALSAHA: I am not updating the university on anything despite being waitlisted. Even if I did, I don't have much to add...that's just the way it is. I may some something to add in May but at this point it would be worthless. I won't take any action to contact the school until R2 ends and April begins.

However, as I am primarily interested in two of NUS' double degrees, I am taking the initiative to contact those other schools to inquire whether NUS has even shared my waitlisted applications with them. In this way, I can use the push-pull strategy to get NUS and the partner schools to hopefullY take action on my application. I also plan to inquire with NUS about how the double-degree applications are processed. Because my app and supporting materials may not have even been shared with the partner schools.

I could have contacted the partner schools in the past week or two to inquire but a) it is still too early, b) I have been busy with other things, and 3) I am having too much fun easing my troubles about the waitlist by relentlessly chasing skirts and eve teasing!

man you are hilarious...you should pursue writing..undoubtedly you have a gift.
dipak9412 Says
@Cheers 3... Same here buddy.. submitted on Jan 16 and got dinged on Feb9. I wonder if late application had hampered our chances? anyways won't be able to apply next year. All d best for those waiting for the call and whose interview is lined up next.

Did u receive an email? I applied on 31st Jan and still waiting for a reply. In a great dilemma right now, so just wanted to understand whether the NUS people follow the same strategy as ISB does; i.e letting the applicants know on the last day of decision that they are not selected.

Should I be still optimistic regarding my chances for an i/v call
Hi,

I had my skype interview today afternoon. It was taken by 2 persons .. one was a prof and the other from the adcom.

The prof was an Indian so began asking me abt the UP election results. Then questions about my current work followed along with future ambitions.

The adcom guy had questions like, give me 3 characteristics, 3 aspects that you will consider while taking xxx decision , 3 singaporean products, last book that I read...

Overall it went on for about 24 minutes..I also asked them a few questions...
They told me that it would take btw 2 & 3 weeks for the final result to be out...

Hope this helps people preparing for the interview... Happy Holi to everyone.

Hi,

Can u pls share ur profile - work ex & GMAT. When did u submit ur application & when did u get interview call?
Hi Puys

I have my I/v tomorrow and it would be taken by Ms Chua Nan Sze and Mr Tan Wee Teck. Anyone had an interview with them yet. If so can you please share your experience. A prompt reply would really be a life saver

Thanks in advance!

Hi nitinkh86, share ur interview experience.
All d best!!
ajus Says
Guys a lil help here pls!

AJUS: BISHALSAHA: I am not updating the university on anything despite being waitlisted. Even if I did, I don't have much to add...that's just the way it is. I may some something to add in May but at this point it would be worthless. I won't take any action to contact the school until R2 ends and April begins.

However, as I am primarily interested in two of NUS' double degrees, I am taking the initiative to contact those other schools to inquire whether NUS has even shared my waitlisted applications with them. In this way, I can use the push-pull strategy to get NUS and the partner schools to hopefullY take action on my application. I also plan to inquire with NUS about how the double-degree applications are processed. Because my app and supporting materials may not have even been shared with the partner schools.

I could have contacted the partner schools in the past week or two to inquire but a) it is still too early, b) I have been busy with other things, and 3) I am having too much fun easing my troubles about the waitlist by relentlessly chasing skirts and eve teasing!
  • 1 Like  

Hi Puys,

I had submitted my application on 21st Jan. Still awaiting to hear from NUS about shortlisting.
GMAT 660/ 5.5 AWA, IT - 7.5 yrs. & Non IT Core Electrical Engg Industry - 3.5 yrs. BE Elctrical.
Does anyone think that I should hope for shortlisting?

ajus Says
The NUS wait-listed folks.. Are you updating the university with info now and then? Does NUS encourage that? Would also be great if someone could PM me the contacts of NUS alumni.

Guys a lil help here pls!

Hi,

I had my skype interview today afternoon. It was taken by 2 persons .. one was a prof and the other from the adcom.

The prof was an Indian so began asking me abt the UP election results. Then questions about my current work followed along with future ambitions.

The adcom guy had questions like, give me 3 characteristics, 3 aspects that you will consider while taking xxx decision , 3 singaporean products, last book that I read...

Overall it went on for about 24 minutes..I also asked them a few questions...
They told me that it would take btw 2 & 3 weeks for the final result to be out...

Hope this helps people preparing for the interview... Happy Holi to everyone.

• 2 Likes  

I see that a few many were given the iv date as before April End. If this is the case with the R1 candidates, then I wonder when the R2 candidates and the waitlisted ones will be interviewed..Mid May nay be..man its too long a wait..too long

Hey,

How did you come to know your interviewers? Did you ask the NUS adcom directly or they mailed you beforehand?

I asked them if it was possible for them to share the details and they did!
  • 1 Like  
Hi Puys

I have my I/v tomorrow and it would be taken by Ms Chua Nan Sze and Mr Tan Wee Teck. Anyone had an interview with them yet. If so can you please share your experience. A prompt reply would really be a life saver

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

How did you come to know your interviewers? Did you ask the NUS adcom directly or they mailed you beforehand?

Hi Puys

Thanks in advance!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

275 people follow this discussion.