SHOW

NUS MBA 2012 Intake

The application dates for 2012 Intake are out! From their website, The NUS MBA - Home Page. The application for August 2012 Intake will commence on 01 October 2011. MBA Full Time: 01 Oct 11 - 31 Mar 12 MBA Part Time: 01 Oct 11 - 15 M...

S3 Asia MBA information

Hi ,

Please help me to understand if I stand a Chance to make it to NUS MBA full time:
GMAT : 700
Work Ex: 4 Yrs as an ERP professional in IT MNCs
Actively involved in Social Work , Politics and Sports. Can substantiate the same.

Targetting 2015 Intake as I would like to apply for scholarships also.

Great Lakes Admissions 2015

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM 2015-2016)

One year fast track management program for candidates with minimum 2 years of experience.

Admissions are also open for PGDM 2015-17

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

which job would you like?
  • 1 Like  

Is S3 MBA good.....what are the job prospects after MBA...how sell-able is it?

Continuous learning is the best way of defense
Got Acceptance from S3 Asia MBA program. Really excited..
  • 1 Like   8Comments
  • @aspire123 Can you please share your profile... It woul.... 26 Apr '13.
  • @aspire123 congrates....Best of luck.... 26 Apr '13.
  8 Comments
aspire123
Ankita Agarwal @aspire123 5
Sure.. I graduated in Chemical Engg from IIT BHU and then working for 3 years after that. Worked as a scientist for 1 year and two years in MNC consultancy
@sidsat12 said:
Hi Folks,I was shortlisted for an NUS MBA interview (2013 intake) over 5 weeks back but still haven't heard any response. Could you please tell me what the time period is between is between the interview invite and the interview confirmation?.Also, is there anyone else who has completed their interview for the NUS MBA (2013 intake)... What are the type of questions one should expect? Thanks...
I think it would be good to give adcoma call or send them an email and check your status. 5 weeks is a long time you should have done it earlier.
Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy http://www.pagalguy.com/badges/official-b-school-counselor For free-of-cost profile evaluation please visit www.ivyctor.com
Hi Folks,I was shortlisted for an NUS MBA interview (2013 intake) over 5 weeks back but still haven't heard any response. Could you please tell me what the time period is between is between the interview invite and the interview confirmation?.

Also, is there anyone else who has completed their interview for the NUS MBA (2013 intake)... What are the type of questions one should expect? Thanks...
  • 4Comments
  • @rahulnaidu : BE Grad - Information Science, 6 years work.... 10 Apr '13.
  • I am afraid I cannot help you out, but can you share your.... 04 Apr '13.
sidsat12
Sidhanth Satish @sidsat12
I still haven't had my interview. Its been over 7 weeks
since I received the email stating that I was shortlisted. I have emailed the
adcom twice, and both times I've been told that due to the large number of
applicants and limited number of slots, the interviews are delayed.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1.3 k
I think they take upto 15 days after the interview to release decisions.
sidsat12
Sidhanth Satish @sidsat12
@rahulnaidu : BE Grad - Information Science, 6 years work ex - in IT for MNC, marketing consultancy for startup, Brand Management for MNC. GMAT - 700. Avg Acads (60 - 70%) throughout, Strong Extra curriculars (Cricket & Golf for state)
rahulnaidu
Rahul Naidu @rahulnaidu 1
I am afraid I cannot help you out, but can you share your profile. I am a future NUS MBA aspirant. Thanks in advance.
@reachmaya hi reachmaya.. these are the two essays which they have said me to write and submit by march 31st.
u can check it out here..

this is the same question which was asked last year as well.
So it will be good if anyone who had written these essays last year. Will be of help.

@ash8ashok You should write to admission committee, they do waive off these requirements on case to case basis.
Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy http://www.pagalguy.com/badges/official-b-school-counselor For free-of-cost profile evaluation please visit www.ivyctor.com
@alexander.ldh said:
Hey can any body tell me what is the difference if one applies in r1 or r2 ?? Is it better to apply in R1 for all the B-schools or NUS ?? and Within a round also (say R1), is it better to apply within the starting days of the opening of applications ?? Please respond.
NUS has rolling applications, hence it is better to apply early. Plus it shows your interest in the school as well. Otherwise else schools maintain that R1 and R2 are similar in terms of evaluation of candidates.
@rickesh said:
Hi can anyone share sample essays which were written by any of you for NUS business school?
Hi,

You can follow the below mentioned analysis of NUS Essays:

Essay-1:
The essay requires you to highlight your leadership style but at the same time provides you a framework in the form of a video to express your thoughts. Watch the video and note down the view-point you agree/do not agree to. You should, ideally, answer this question by talking about 2 - 3 views (you could group the views if you feel they are inter-related) that you strongly believe/not believe in. For each of those selected views, express your opinion and support it with personal or professional experience. NUS is also keen is gauging your general awareness. So you could portrait global events that has influenced in shaping your leadership style.

You could start essay by mentioning about the views upfront and your thoughts about it. The following paragraphs could illustrate examples from your personal or professional life that not only support your views but will also be able to differentiate you and clearly illustrate your leadership style. The evaluator is looking for your persuasive skills and values as business leaders of tomorrow.

Essay-2:
The essay should be pictured like a road map connecting your past, present and future. Ambitious, yet realistic and clear, immediate career goal is what been asked here. These goals should be built on your current experience and background. It should also tie in with your long term goals. You must detail the industry, the role, the function etc. In doing so, you should also answer how NUU MBA at this point of your career plays a vital role in your whole journey. It is very important to convincingly put forward realistic goals. In order to do so, do research on the career path of NUS alumni with similar background as yours.

Let me know in case of other queries. You can PM your number to discuss over your profile or selection of b-schools.

Regards,
Maya
Hi can anyone share sample essays which were written by any of you for NUS business school?
@ravstime said:
Hi,Pls. evaluate my profile:GMAT: 640B.E: 7.96/1012th : 81%10th : 90%Total Exp. of 4+ years in an Oil & Gas Industry. Handled diverse jobs such as Project Management, Procurement, Vendors Management & Contracts.Working in an NGO for last 1 year.Interested in Strategy & Operations. Would like to work in Operations or Supply chain Management.What are my chances of getting selected into NUS? I know that my GMAT is on lower side. Will you suggest taking it again before R1 deadline?
Hi,

An avg. profile and low GMAT can certainly be an offset by submitting strong application essays and working hard on your interviews. You can always convert your chances from application to admission by writing essays skillfully and showcasing team leadership & professional achievements during interviews.

Let me know in case of any further queries you might have.

Best,
Maya

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

275 people follow this discussion.