About this discussion

NICMAR (National Institute of Construction Management and Research),Pune

There have been many questions about NICMAR on PG. To answer few of them and to channelize other questions regarding college or course, I am starting a new thread here. NICMAR is the only institute offering "Advanced Construction Management" (AC...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 34   

results out,.. m in..others??

• 21 Comments
  • Ya its not approved frm AICTE bt is approved by SIRO(very.... 03 Feb.
  • Yeah but I also heard it is just a certificate program an.... 03 Feb.
apoorvtwr
Apoorv Tiwari @apoorvtwr 36
Ya its not approved frm AICTE bt is approved by SIRO(very few colleges are if u ask me)....and main USP of NICMAR is its placements...and its only institute offering such courses in Asia..so u cant doubt credibility....Joining or not depends on wat odr options u have in hand
kaushikg06
kaushik g @kaushikg06 1
Yeah but I also heard it is just a certificate program and it isn't valid in European and American countries?

Hey there,
Is there Negative marking system in their Aptitude test??
And any example of case studies they normally give in GDs?

• no negative mark......case stuides on contract management. 17 Jan.
HELL was FULL.So,I am Back ;)
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure

how should i submit my cat score?

Hi,

I am BE civil final year student. I'm interested in management in construction sector. I've got campus placement(4.5 lpa), but it will not fetch me managerial skills so I'am thinking about NICMAR. Though I hv applied for it already, still a bit confused about ROI of NICMAR (also preparing for GATE). can anyone of the alumni share their perspective in this regard?

How good is NICMAR institute? Should we rely on ranking given by pagalguy.com as 90th for this insti? what are the parameters they've chosen in ranking it

HELP ME WITH NICMAR GD ???

SAMPLE QUESTIONS FOR GD...PLZ REPLY....:)
HOW ARE THE CASE STUDIES GIVEN ..IS IT PURELY RELATED TO ECONOMICS OR IS IT TECHNICAL AS WELL????...PLZ GIVE AN EXAMPLE....???
  • 6 Comments
  • ohh..thanks...so its related to current affairs and gener.... 31 Dec '13.
  • It may be anythng..last year I got a case study of AAdhaa.... 30 Dec '13.
emkepy
MITHRESH KP @emkepy
ohh..thanks...so its related to current affairs and general topics...will they give us a situation like a financial crisis and ask for solutions from our part....???
apoorvtwr
Apoorv Tiwari @apoorvtwr 36
It may be anythng..last year I got a case study of AAdhaar Card

GD questions NICMAR????

HOW ARE THE MARKS EVALUATEED IN THIS SECTION????

i am doing my final year b.tech....for me nicmar entrance exam on jan 19th,2014.is there any cutoff for exam? in english what type of questions they will ask? it willbe tough or easy?

• 3 Comments
  • thankx for ur reply..... 21 Dec '13.
  • Ohh. My admission process is also allotted on the same da.... 21 Dec '13.
kaushikg06
kaushik g @kaushikg06 1
Ohh. My admission process is also allotted on the same date. I was said that the entrance test wouldn't be so tough if you had previously appeared for gre/cat/xat or other placement aptitude tests. I'm worried about the institute's ranking. Is it worth spending so many bucks on it if it is ranked 90 in pagalguy rankings

Hi Friends,

This is Vijay here. I'm a Civil Engineering Graduate 2009 pass out and currently working in Bangalore with a construction firm. Currently with 4 Yrs. of Exp. I'm drawing a salary package of 4 Lac. P.A. but due to only a Bachelor Degree I'm not able to crack Promotions/Better profiles.

So I'm planning for Masters in MBA and in Construction Management from NICMAR.

Previously I had tried for SNAP and XAT but couldn't crack with better Percentiles.

Eventually I have planned to NICMAR. Pls. let me know is it worth while to Pursue Construction Management from NICMAR after 4 Yrs. of Exp. with spending around 12 Lac.

Pls. let me know your suggestions.

what is generally the cutoff in nicmar entrance xam for PG ACM for pune campus..
what are the topics for gdpi..

Do they also have negative marking ?

hi guys..............i know that i am on an old thread ,but i seriously need your valuable suggestions for my query............i am a b.tech civil engineering pass out of 2011 and thereafter i have worked as a SITE ENGINEER in a reputed project in FARIDABAD .ALTHOUGH I RESIGNED FROM THIS DESIGNATION,ONLY AFTER WORKING FOR 9 MONTHS............................AS I WAS JUST FED UP OF MY JOB PROFILE WHICH INCLUDED MANY OTHER THINGS ( viz MANAGING AND HANDLING THE SUPERVISORS,FOREMEN, AND PETTY CONTRACTORS ...............WHICH INDEED IN ITSELF IS MUCH PAINFUL THAN THE TECHNICAL ASPECT )
however i carried out all the technical details during my work stint very carefully and efficiently and even the dgm, gm and clients were usually happy with my approach.
ANY ONE OF YOU ,WHO WOULD HAVE WORKED AS A SITE ENGINEER ......................WOULD VERY EASILY UNDERSTAND THE PAIN OF WORKING AS A SITE ENGG..............WITH YOUR PROJECT MANAGER JUST WANTING YOU TO HANDLE ALMOST ANYTHING ON THE SITE( MIND IT ANYTHING,NOT JUST THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS) WITH THE LIMITED AUTHORITY PROVIDED TO THE SITE ENGG.
SO ULTIMATELY I DECIDED TO RESIGN WITH THE AIM THAT I WOULD CONTINUE WITH THIS JOB PROFILE ONLY AS A PROJECT MANAGER,WITH MUCH MORE POWERS VESTED UPON ME
SO GUYS, I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT COURSE FROM NICMAR AND CONSIDERING THE INSTITUTION TO BE 3 DECADES OLD AND WITH THE LEADING NAMES OF THE INDIAN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY AS ITS BOARD OF MEMBERS, WOULDN'T IT BE WISE FOR ME TO JOIN SUCH AN INSTITUTION????????????????????????

• 1 Like  
  • swappy ,hi swapnil...nice to hear those words from a pers.... 27 Oct '13.
  • bhai im also gone through your situation. 27 Oct '13.
punts
a s @punts 42
swappy ,hi swapnil...nice to hear those words from a person who belongs to the same community.dude,would like to connect you over my" linkedin" network.bye the way ,are you going to appear for nicmar,as i have seen your post in the forum,asking for info on"distance education". if you are going to give the exam ,then please let me know how u r preparing,may be a co-study would b of more help.i wil send u my mail id in ur message box.bye.

ADMISSIONS-2014

Online Application will start from 29th Sept'13

i need to join in NICMAR for advanced construction managemnt....how to get a seat ther....is it easy to get seat there

i am so interested to join in NICMAR for advanced construction management is it easy to get a seat there

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

259 people follow this discussion.