About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ashwini Thakur @ashwinide

Tags

Mission SBI - 2011

Guys, After going through a lot of requests and to help everyone including me I am starting this thread keeping in mind SBI as a target. Seniors are requested to help me. *1) Please nominate 5 most experienced members who will solving th...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 22 of 46   
The only answer is practice past papers , purchase Oswal's Chapterwise solved paper to gain speed and accuracy !!

If U hav queries post it here or at DT thread ....

Though I didn't appear for and Clerical Exam , I think U hav a vision to appear for PO xams in near future..

Anyways I wud suggest U to go the Past PO papers ( Yup PO papers - Coz clerical pattern has changed and it's getting tougher day by day ) to gain an edge over others...

There r a number of good books available in the market and if U need I can provide U a soft copy of Past papers ...

Pratiyogita Kiran: Bank PO Exam

thnx for responding to my query bhaiya
hey...guys...
can..you..please..tell..me..how..to..solve..DI..section....fast...if..anyone..know..any..short..tricks..to..solve..certain..types..of..question..then..please..help.
please...reply...

The only answer is practice past papers , purchase Oswal's Chapterwise solved paper to gain speed and accuracy !!

If U hav queries post it here or at DT thread ....

hi frnds
please guide me that how to prepare for SBI clerk cadre exam and pls give me name of the books for preparing clerk exam(including a book name which contain last 10 yrs. solved clerk papers of various banks).
pls frnds do hlp me as i m 19.5 yrs old so i can not fight for po exam which i want to but age restrictions zindabad....

Though I didn't appear for and Clerical Exam , I think U hav a vision to appear for PO xams in near future..

Anyways I wud suggest U to go the Past PO papers ( Yup PO papers - Coz clerical pattern has changed and it's getting tougher day by day ) to gain an edge over others...

There r a number of good books available in the market and if U need I can provide U a soft copy of Past papers ...

ok will surely buy SBI previous year book:-P

but as for the 2011 recent exam papers of other banks which u r talking about will they be available at book stores??

Pratiyogita Kiran: Bank PO Exam
  • 3 Likes  

but as for the 2011 recent exam papers of other banks which u r talking about will they be available at book stores??

nopes.......u wont get it at book stores......they were published in Jan - June monthly magazines.....and other source wud b INTERNET...........scanned copy of these papers r available on d net......u need 2 search it...........if any f ur friends preparing 4 banking exams...they must b havin these papers..u can take a copy of these papers frm them........

If ur next post is regarding d download links of these previous papers...then plzzzzz wait for 2-3 days...i will post d links f these papers..u can dload it from there...:):):)

Best Of Luck.................................
  • 1 Like  

hi frnds
please guide me that how to prepare for SBI clerk cadre exam and pls give me name of the books for preparing clerk exam(including a book name which contain last 10 yrs. solved clerk papers of various banks).
pls frnds do hlp me as i m 19.5 yrs old so i can not fight for po exam which i want to but age restrictions zindabad....

hey...guys...
can..you..please..tell..me..how..to..solve..DI..section....fast...if..anyone..know..any..short..tricks..to..solve..certain..types..of..question..then..please..help.
please...reply...

Go thru 1 set of previous paper daily till SBI Associates.......

CAN I GET PREVIOUS PAPERS ONLINE?

GK : PD last 6 months(for General Awareness).........." Money Banking Finance" of BSC Publication(for Banking related questions)..........

MY MARKETING AND COMPUTERS IS GOOD:-P
WILL SURELY GO THRU PD SINCE MARCH BUT WILL BANKING RELATED QUES WILL ALSO BE ASKED IN THE EXAM?

FOR THE TIME BEING I HAVE PURCHASED BSC PREVIOUS YR PAPERS OF ALL THE BANKS SO I AM THINKING OF GOIN THRU THAT BOOK AS INDIVIDUAL SECTIONS BOOKS WOULD BE TAKING MY LOT OF TYM

heyy.....u shud buy d Previous Paper of SBI PO...........BSC Publications has published d book....16 papers r there starting frm yr. 2000........d book which u r talking abt(previous paper of other banks) wont help u much in this situation......bcozzz those reasoning and easy calculative quants r not gonna come in d exam.....they r outdated stuffs......

If u want to practice.....then get all the latest papers starting frm United Bank held in Nov2010.....those papers have changed format reasoning sections which will help ur cause.........

United,Indian,PSB,Corporation,UCO,RBI,BankOfBaroda,Allahabad Bank,BankOfMaharastra,OBC......these papers held in 2011 will help...

Get a hard copy of Previous Paper of SBI....u wont get all d papers on d net...hard copy wud b a better option........

Regarding GK section.........50 questions will range frm Comp..Marketing...General Awareness.....Banking.......So u can expect few questions frm Banking Awareness too.......2010 paper had 7-8 questions related to banking too...... So u never know.........ATB
  • 3 Likes  

CAN I GET PREVIOUS PAPERS ONLINE?

GK : PD last 6 months(for General Awareness).........." Money Banking Finance" of BSC Publication(for Banking related questions)..........

MY MARKETING AND COMPUTERS IS GOOD:-P
WILL SURELY GO THRU PD SINCE MARCH BUT WILL BANKING RELATED QUES WILL ALSO BE ASKED IN THE EXAM?

FOR THE TIME BEING I HAVE PURCHASED BSC PREVIOUS YR PAPERS OF ALL THE BANKS SO I AM THINKING OF GOIN THRU THAT BOOK AS INDIVIDUAL SECTIONS BOOKS WOULD BE TAKING MY LOT OF TYM

hi guys.
i am preparing for cat 2011 since dec last year but now due to uncertainity of me getting into a b school i am also filling bank forms and have written corp and pnb exams in may and june

now sbi and asso exam awaits but am not getting enough tym to prepare..
please advice me how to go abt it

also am thinking of reading online PD for gk
so plz guide me which months edition would be appropriate for exam/

There will b 200 questions of 2 hr duration....50 each from Reasoning...Quant...GK(
including Marketing andComputers)and English

Rectify ur errors...identify ur weak and strong section....work on d weaker sections and maximize ur score in stronger sections.....

Cutoff will b in d range of 50-60% for both SBI and SBI Associates...Attempt only those u r 100% sure of...rest will follow...

Just one or two edition of PD is not enough....u will have to go thru last 5 months editions starting from March atleast....I hope u r good with d computer sections....for marketing u can refer to BSC or Arihant publication books......Quant sections will have only DI questions..so workout tis section well...but ya......there will b probabilty...permutation Combination....time work...ir profit loss problems in d form of DI...but no core quant will b there....refer to 2010 paper for more details...

In Reasoning u can expect some puzzles...and questions related to Statement Assumption....Course Of Action...Inference....Arguments....will b in abundance.....which will make d paper a bit lenghty.....

DI will also b calculation intensive...so practice it in advance...

English section will b a cake walk for u if u have prepared for CAT 2011 ............

For Books :

Reasoning : K Kundan's Analytical Reasoning of BSC publication.......RS Agarwaal book on Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning......

Quant : Previous year SBI papers.......and RS Agarwaal.....

English : Just practice with last 10 years SBI papers.........

Computer : BSC Publication...Arihant Publication book.......(Only if u r not so well versed with Comp section)

Marketing : BSC Publication....Arihant Publication....Upkar Publication......Philip Kotler book on Marketing is d bible of Marketing....but d kind of questions that r asked is so basic stuff ...i doubt if u need it......:)

Best Of Luck 4 Ur Preparations...............
  • 7 Likes  

hi guys.
i am preparing for cat 2011 since dec last year but now due to uncertainity of me getting into a b school i am also filling bank forms and have written corp and pnb exams in may and june

now sbi and asso exam awaits but am not getting enough tym to prepare..
please advice me how to go abt it

also am thinking of reading online PD for gk
so plz guide me which months edition would be appropriate for exam/

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

126 people follow this discussion.