Free Bank PO Questions

You get official solutions with each question, and our insights to help you track your preparation.

Click here!
SHOW

Melbourne Business School Current Students taking questions

Hi Puys I am starting this thread to help prospective students learn more about Melbourne Business School. I will be joining MBS in Jan 2012. Will try to answer questions myself as well as get answers from students at MBS.

Hello,

I am an IT professional with about six years of work experience. I wrote gmat in December 2013 and scored 720. Got an offer from Melbourne Business School for the August 2014 intake, along with scholarship worth AUD$50,000. Wanted your advice on the same.

Regards,

Shalini

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Shalini,. 04 Aug.
  • I am applying for MBS this year and plan to submit my app.... 04 Aug.
vahini1990
@vahini1990 48

I am applying for MBS this year and plan to submit my application within the end of september as admissions are rolling. I saw your post regarding the admission and scholarship and am keen to understand what your decision was and how you went about the application. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts and help. Thanks

What are the job prospects in Australia for international/indian students who pass out either from AGSM or MBS?
School Of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies, across various industry verticals that believe in the philosophy – Redefine education. Redefine leadership. Admissions Open!

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
I am an R2 applicant. Any idea when the result is coming out?
  • no idea even I have applied for Round 2 and all I have is.... 28 Apr '13.
rishukvt
Rishu Kvt @rishukvt 1
no idea even I have applied for Round 2 and all I have is an email from MBS saying - your application is under review by selection committee.Even I am anticipating some outcome by 30th April'2013..dont know whether that would be a final offer of admission without interview OR waitlisted without interview OR reject....!
@pglguyacnt
Mostly general Questions -
1) Tell us about yourself
2.) Why MBA
3.) Extra Curricular activities
4.) Post-MBA Plans

Result is out - I have been waitlisted :(

Partha

@pardhu1987 I too have applied to MBS, though am waiting to hear from them. How did the interview go? Request you to share the experience.
I had my telephonic interview yesterday. Went alright. They said I can expect the result by this weekend...

Hi,

I am going to ask a question of a type that may have been asked numerous times, but anxiety led me to post this question to current students of MBS.

I have 7 Years of Work Experience (IT), currently employed with Royal Bank of Scotland in Techno-management profile.

Class 10th - 80.8 % (Delhi Public School)

Class 12th - 68.8 % (Apeejay)

Engineering - 68% (BITS Mesra, Ranchi)

GMAT - 640

Currently developing essays for MBS and targetting Round 2 for Sept'13 batch.

Extra-Curricular Activities - Lot of Good to Great kind of stuff

Community Initiative - Awards from social organisation for the same

Certified presentation skills

Scholar batches during early academics ofclass 10th - 11th

I will leave those petty awards, but have some biggies with me - Group Ovation Award from RBS (RBS Group level award given to 25 individuals on need basis only, out of 178000 employees),

Silver excellence Award on RBS India Level .

Specific Queries -

a) What chance do I stand for Round2 admissions for Sept'13 intake?

b) Also, would it worth considering for Jan'2013 rolling offers rather than Sept'13 round 2?

I would really appreciate in advance for your time and effort in answering these queries ,

Regards,

@qms59 said:
Hi I too am planning to answer GMAT in June this year and apply to both AGSM/MBS for the jan 2014 batch.I am working in an IT company for the past 20 months.Still confused about AGSM/MBS.Would be glad if someone could tell me the pros and cons of these 2 universities.Thanks
Dare I say that both AGSM and MBS are quite similar? I suppose I'm required to take the side of MBS, given that it is an MBS thread, but I can tell you this - Last year, I was in the same position as you are. And today, I dont repent my decision.
Sure, we have a few rockstar professors and I'm confident they will have a few too. Cohort diversity and IQ levels are almost the same. It has been said that MBS is better for marketing and AGSM for consulting and finance, but I've yet to see what factors make it stand out (read: I don't think so based on what I've seen so far. Even if there's any difference, it's quite marginal)...I can bet that an MBS candidate with his school's supposed strength in marketing behind him will find it hard to break into the Sydney Marketing segment. And a Booz, McKinsey aspirant from AGSM will find it hard to get a job in Melbourne when there is a bus load of MBS grads waiting in line! I think you got my drift. The only perceptible difference as far as I'm concerned is the location. It is said that (and I don't have data to back this up) that Melbourne has a better market than Sydney for IT, while Sydney is where you need to be for finance kind of jobs (more research needed on this). Bottom-line is that if you think you can better leverage your networks in Melbourne, then you need to be looking at MBS. Of course, there are subtle differences between the two schools (which you can find upon looking at their websites). Go ahead and decide on your preference based on this. You can't go wrong with either option.

All the best for your GMAT. :)
FT MBA (2013-14), Melbourne Business School
Got an admit for the Aug, 2013 batch.... contemplating on whether to join or not to ..... ?

Hi

I too am planning to answer GMAT in June this year and apply to both AGSM/MBS for the jan 2014 batch.I am working in an IT company for the past 20 months.

Still confused about AGSM/MBS.

Would be glad if someone could tell me the pros and cons of these 2 universities.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to write GMAT in Sep/Oct this year for Aug 14 admissions. I am working with IBM for the past 29 months as an IT Analyst. My profile-
X- 80.5%
XII- 65.8%
Graduation 7.02/10

Please suggest if I am aiming at the right admission time i.e Aug 14 or will it be too late to apply? From what I understand, it usually takes almost an year after I write GMAT to get into the institute...

Help would be much appreciated

Thank you :)
@delatpg said:
@CheckEETS : I appreciate you took out the time from your busy schedule to post on PG.It would be great if you could share your views about the impact shortened course length of 1 year, have on MBS esp. on job prospects in Aus.....
Hmm..Good question. I think you probably know that we haven't had a single batch graduating under the new course. So it is safe to say that the market has not yet directly experienced the benefits of the revamped system (only a few months more..:)). But I can see that a lot of thought and research (both in-house and from external sources) has gone into creating this new system, focusing on driving maximum value and getting you up to speed in the reduced course duration. Condensing the content with reduced duration has obvious advantages from an employers perspective as you can imagine.
The Dean and careers team are working pretty hard to convey the benefits of this strategy to potential recruiters and the outlook is promising. Let us hope for the best!
  • 1 Like  
FT MBA (2013-14), Melbourne Business School
@pardhu1987 I received an invite on Dec 20th... I guess that they have started sending out calls.... u shud be getting urs soon... all d best
@PokerKings
when were you informed about the interview...I have had absolutely no communication from MBS guys till date except tht Jan'13 admissions were going on and Aug'13 intake should wait their turn...

@delatpg Yes, I had my interview on 21st Jan....awaiting the result... it was telephonic and lasted 25 minutes

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

91 people follow this discussion.