MDI Final result out 2012-14

Hello All The final results of MDI is out Please check your results here-> Admission Lets streamline the discussions. Seniors are here to help you out. Please do not ask repeat questions FB Page - The group is for aspirants w...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 95 of 141   
K... It's 99% ... so what?????
Every College has it's own criteria and MDI has been showing off excellent placement result every year with this criteria only... Also does criteria on other Colleges (read IIM K,S etc) make any sense to you? At least MDI gives a hope that after working hard on CAT would fetch you something. IIMs just tell you that getting into engineering and being born Male was biggest mistake of your life.

Buddy move ahead. Many male engineers still make it to lot of IIMs. Just keep fighting if you want to win.
  • 1 Like  
frustooo Says
Dude cool down i am also supporting the same fact.

Being female is no big advantage either. Being female and after getting 99.5%ile in CAT, I did not receive any call from IIMs except IIML and New IIMs. Because my marks in X Std were not that great.
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
bohemianguy12 Says
rofl.........................................

jus kidding dude....
M in the same boat as u are.
infotech123 Says
pl. Do not fall off your chair laughing if i ask with the merit rank@ 22xx and waitlist 17xx ,do i have a chance in hr or im.

rofl.........................................
Every College has it's own criteria and MDI has been showing off excellent placement result every year with this criteria only... Also does criteria on other Colleges (read IIM K,S etc) make any sense to you? At least MDI gives a hope that after working hard on CAT would fetch you something. IIMs just tell you that getting into engineering and being born Male was biggest mistake of your life.

Dude cool down i am also supporting the same fact.
rest 1 percent is the alphabetical order of your name
Common in GD & PI all are more or less same so eventually it comes down to the CAT score.
It was clear for me from the time of purchasing the form and when i got the results i knew where i wud be standing and exactly dat happened newaz no point in stretching it further but colleges like MDI & FMS are completely score based.

Pl. do not fall off your chair laughing if I ask with the merit rank@ 22xx and waitlist 17xx ,do I have a chance in HR or IM.

lolo6765 Says
Iam Gurgaon you are MDI we are MDI gurgaon

What is this? Some kind of sarcasm? I did not understand.
frustooo Says
What u r saying is diplomatic and wat i m stating is practical let the results for fms comes den u can comment.

No no i am not being diplomatic...yes the struggle is more for a lower scorer but definitely possible atleast for fms...for mdi no doubt its very difficult u can at the ams make a jump of 100 odd places thats it .....
United for Lyf..
Reddevilz Says
Again a misleading fact ...lots of ppl wid borderline scores in tests have cleared fms ....for reference u can check the detailed list wid scores released by fms every yr...

What u r saying is diplomatic and wat i m stating is practical let the results for fms comes den u can comment.

me @ rank 892 with cat percentile -- 98.6,
where as my panel guys wid all 98.6 percentilers are arnd 800.
It is jus cos I had high fever on gd pi day, couldnt speak a word in gd and PI revolved arnd why I did not speak.
But still I guess they empathised with me and did not throw me out.

• 1 Like  

Got over with my FMS interview finally.. Blew it :banghead:

So joining MDI for sure now

• 3 Likes  
The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat

cmon guys dont start fight again...every college has its own system.....some have (a*b*c)+d+e ...some give extra marks to girls/non engineers....some give very much importance to cat score....
there are losers and gainers from each of these criterias...all of us are very much aware of all this from a long time...no use complaining now...

• 3 Likes  
rest 1 percent is the alphabetical order of your name
Common in GD & PI all are more or less same so eventually it comes down to the CAT score.
It was clear for me from the time of purchasing the form and when i got the results i knew where i wud be standing and exactly dat happened newaz no point in stretching it further but colleges like MDI & FMS are completely score based.

Again a misleading fact ...lots of ppl wid borderline scores in tests have cleared fms ....for reference u can check the detailed list wid scores released by fms every yr...
  • 1 Like  
United for Lyf..
luciusfox Says
70% bro ??/ ts 99 percent ...and rest 1 percent is the alphabetical order of your name not mentioned anywhere though :nono:

No buddy its not 99%. Its 70% only. I have a friend with 99.1% having merit rank 1142. (He messed up GDPI badly.) I have 98.90% and merit rank of 597. So CAT score is given high weightage but its not only CAT score. :nono:
  • 2 Likes  
There's a degree for lying, copying, cheating and bluffing - its called MBA.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

369 people follow this discussion.