About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Aayaam Kapoor @AK1809

Tags

Manchester MBA Fall 2012 Applicants

Hi All, I searched throughout PG and couldn't find a single thread for Manchester MBA Fall 2012 applicants. Hence, initiating the same. My Profile - 26/m/Indian Gmat - 660 (V 33, Q 48, AWA 6.0) Graduation - B.Tech - Computer Sc...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 10   
@batiatus Can you quote the source of information for salary of Indian Students? Misfortunately, I don't have any other admission so I am in a fix.....
Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains

Tier 1, Tier 2 are very subjective. Even the ranking are very subjective. What most important is mutual FIT.

MBS is definite an excellent school and I personally rank MBS just after LBS, in the same league of OxBridge, Cranfield and Warwick.

• 1 Like  
Admissions open at Goa Institute of Managemnet

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading
@catiim Hey...in my view, MBS is Tier-2, though ranked 29 in latest FT Rankings. I applied in the hope of a decent scholarship. Besides, the job market and visa norms in the UK are a big challenge. If you look at the salary figures too i.e. of Indian candidates only, they aren't impressive at all. Hence, the ROI too becomes a problem.
@DIGNIFIEDLIFE yeah sure... I have sent you a PM
@catiim
Hi Catiim

Even I have received a call from MBS.

Would you like to connect offline? Drop me a personal message. Lets chat.

I have been offered a seat in MBS Full Time MBA program and gratefully accepting it.
I wish to understand some of the financing options I have at present. I do not have a collateral to offer to Indian Banks. I wish to understand if any finance option is available for Indian students in UK.
Please also guide about if I can take up a part time job in MBS itself to part fund my education and/or living expenses. Also, if any option is available for applying for scholarship in second year.
If you know somebody in alumni association or any other network , please also forward the mail to relevant person.
@batiatus how is MBS? Tier2?
@AK1809
Thanks a lot!

Hi Friends

I have an admit from Manchester and wanted guidance from other Manchester applicants on how to go about the process in the coming months.

I wanted to know few things:

- Is there any facebook or other forum where the Manchester applicants of this year are having discussions and conversations? If not, maybe we can jointly open a private facebook account in which we can discuss financing, accommodation and other areas?

- What is the best way to arrange for the finance - around 45 lakhs? Do people use a combination of personal savings and loans? Are there any specific Indian banks that are good from the perspective of loans?

- Any idea if the school can provide some guidance on financing and how to go about it? Does Manchester provide any option of student funding?

I would love to connect with any current student of Manchester or anyone who has received an admit and intends to join. Please let me know. I can PM you separately and we can together have a detailed discussion and share our thoughts

Thanks.
  • 1 Like  
@batiatus said:
Thnx for ur POV. But1) I know what I'm doing. So nothing is wrong2) Financial constraints are something only an applicant knows3) I believe I have the profile that deserves a scholarship
No worries my friend, best of luck.

Everyone deserves the very best
  • 1 Like  
@WouldBeCrazy said:
If your scholarship amount decides your decision to join a school, something is seriously wrong. I joined a programme without knowing scholarship decision against 10K scholarship and 6K scholarship on hand from two similar schools. In long term, those 10Ks are just peanuts!!If you have offer from better school (in UK that means only LBS and Cran) then no issue but joining a questionable 2nd tier school for fat scholarship may not be a wise idea. Anyway, my POV.
Thnx for ur POV. But
1) I know what I'm doing. So nothing is wrong
2) Financial constraints are something only an applicant knows
3) I believe I have the profile that deserves a scholarship
  • 1 Like  
@batiatus said:
I'm in for Manchester MBA Class of 2015. But no scholarship. Hence, wont b joining. My profile:GMAT: 680Work-ex: 41 months till date with a Big4 player in a pseudo-corporate finance roleEC: ExceptionalComm service: NoneAcads: Poor (from a top-tier college of Delhi University)Interview went brilliantly and exactly the way I wanted.
If your scholarship amount decides your decision to join a school, something is seriously wrong.
I joined a programme without knowing scholarship decision against 10K scholarship and 6K scholarship on hand from two similar schools. In long term, those 10Ks are just peanuts!!

If you have offer from better school (in UK that means only LBS and Cran) then no issue but joining a questionable 2nd tier school for fat scholarship may not be a wise idea. Anyway, my POV.

I'm in for Manchester MBA Class of 2015. But no scholarship. Hence, wont b joining. My profile:

GMAT: 680
Work-ex: 41 months till date with a Big4 player in a pseudo-corporate finance role
EC: Exceptional
Comm service: None
Acads: Poor (from a top-tier college of Delhi University)

Interview went brilliantly and exactly the way I wanted.

• 1 Like  
@Inita said:
@AK1809Thanks a lot for that info!! I am still in the process of applying to UK Universities.. I have a doubt regarding the visa procedure too.. Would be great if anyone could help - I am aware (as per university visa guide pages and other sources) that one needs to maintain a certain minimum balance (tuition fees + 1 year of living expenses) 6 months prior to applying for a UK T4 General Visa(for MBA). However, I did not find any mention of a requirement (of funds/balance to be maintained for 6 months) on the UKBA website, instead i got that they require us to show a balance of funds for a continuos 28 day period. Could you help me as which one of these two is actually correct - 28 day balance or 6 months balance? I require this info urgently as my dates of feedback are in the next week... Thanks a lot in advance.. would be great if you could help.. Inita
Why don't you pick up your phone and call VFS for clarification.

Hi Inita,

As far as I know, 28days balance is required before applying for VISA to clear the sufficiency of funds requirement. In case you have already paid your tuition fees, you don't have to show that balance in your bank account. You can attach the proof with the rest of visa application. You just have to show living expenses. I am not aware if the rule has changed now, but I highly doubt it. Till last year, it was 28 days minimum parking of funds period only..

Cheers
  • 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

37 people follow this discussion.