SHOW

Manchester MBA Fall 2012 Applicants

• Created by @AK1809
Hi All, I searched throughout PG and couldn't find a single thread for Manchester MBA Fall 2012 applicants. Hence, initiating the same. My Profile - 26/m/Indian Gmat - 660 (V 33, Q 48, AWA 6.0) Graduation - B.Tech - Computer Sc...
@WouldBeCrazy Unlikely. The data on MBS that I provided earlier was handed over to me by the MBS Admissions Director Dr. Heather Spiro, with whom I had my interview.
  • Ms Spiro is a great lady. I truly respect her. I had an w.... 04 Apr '13.
WouldBeCrazy
WouldBeCrazy @WouldBeCrazy 95
Ms Spiro is a great lady. I truly respect her. I had an wonderful discussion (I mean interviews) with her.
Anyone got similar figures for Cranfield and Warwick

MOCK CAT By ITM Business School

- Full Length Mock CAT Papers
- Practice on the Real CAT Examination Interface

- Access till the end of the Exam
- Personalized Test Analytics 

Get Started!

The most practical B School ITM PGDM iConnect 2015-2017 is a 2 year full time AICTE approved Program.

Download Now
@batiatus said:
@catiim Here are a few stats:For MBS Class of 2012Average EEA Salary: GBP57,612Average Non-EEA Salary: GBP43,470 (Not PPP adjusted)90% employed 3 months after graduation2012 Indian students' specific stats:23 out of 12819 got jobs - 15 in UK, 2 in India, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Tokyo; 7 in Industry, 7 in Finance, 5 in ConsultingRecruiters were 4C Associates, Call Credit, CapGemini, Crane Business Systems, DBS Singapore, FSA, Infosys, Lincoln International, Manulife (Tokyo), Network Rail, Samsung, Santander, UMIP2013 Indian students' specific stats:28 out of 1148 have opted (or had to opt) for Electives; 20 for InternshipOf the 20 internships - 14 in UK, 2 in India, 4 in other locationsInternship recruiters were Amazon, BT, EY Dubai, Ebay, Essar Oil, Falcon, KPMG India, Micro Focus, Morgan Stanley, NHS East London, NHS-UHSM, Samsung, Tirupati Yarns, UM13 Ltd2014 stats and comments:16 Indian students out of 113As per my friend in the MBS Class of 20141. Struggle for internships is on2. UK job market is very tough. And if you're looking for internships in other European countries, local language proficiency/fluency is a must3. McKinsey shortlisted just 2 candidates in the whole batch for internships. One had a GMAT of 750, the other 7304. Some good general management roles are on offer if you're interested in getting into Industry5. No top-tier investment banks recruit at MBS
@Batiatus: I'm guessing you want to pursue a role in the Banking and financial services domain, so kudos on making the right decision.

On the other hand, I'm quite shocked that the school released such detailed statistics. Well done to them. Maybe I can help break down the stats a bit further.

Out of the 13 recruiters mentioned for the 2013 batch, 4C Associates, DBS singapore, Manulife, Network Rail and Samsung were sourced by the students themselves. Call Credit, FSA and Lincoln were sourced through the school. I'm not sure which category CapGemini and Santander lie in. UMIP was a project.

The 7 Indians in finance number also doesn't add up. The definition of finance here has been taken to encompass a a very broad area and clearly doesn't refer to only banking and financial services.

Keep in mind that the 2012 batch had the PSW visa, which you guys won't have access to anymore. Things are even tougher if you are looking to change careers. Please take an informed decision as this is probably the biggest decision of your life.

@batiatus said:
@WouldBeCrazy Wait and watch
Best of luck my friend.

You too wish us some luck
@WouldBeCrazy Wait and watch
@batiatus said:
@DIGNIFIEDLIFE Yes
So mate, are you joining any school this year or decided to wait and watch? Please share your views.
Thanks Batiatus for sharing this . This is really informative!!!

From what I understand - you have opted OUT of MBS - right?
@batiatus said:
@catiim Here are a few stats:For MBS Class of 2012Average EEA Salary: GBP57,612Average Non-EEA Salary: GBP43,470 (Not PPP adjusted)90% employed 3 months after graduation2012 Indian students' specific stats:23 out of 12819 got jobs - 15 in UK, 2 in India, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Tokyo; 7 in Industry, 7 in Finance, 5 in ConsultingRecruiters were 4C Associates, Call Credit, CapGemini, Crane Business Systems, DBS Singapore, FSA, Infosys, Lincoln International, Manulife (Tokyo), Network Rail, Samsung, Santander, UMIP2013 Indian students' specific stats:28 out of 1148 have opted (or had to opt) for Electives; 20 for InternshipOf the 20 internships - 14 in UK, 2 in India, 4 in other locationsInternship recruiters were Amazon, BT, EY Dubai, Ebay, Essar Oil, Falcon, KPMG India, Micro Focus, Morgan Stanley, NHS East London, NHS-UHSM, Samsung, Tirupati Yarns, UM13 Ltd2014 stats and comments:16 Indian students out of 113As per my friend in the MBS Class of 20141. Struggle for internships is on2. UK job market is very tough. And if you're looking for internships in other European countries, local language proficiency/fluency is a must3. McKinsey shortlisted just 2 candidates in the whole batch for internships. One had a GMAT of 750, the other 7304. Some good general management roles are on offer if you're interested in getting into Industry5. No top-tier investment banks recruit at MBS
Thank you so much for this detailed but "to the point" information. I must say this is probably the most meaningful details on placement I saw. Thank you so much.

I believe the situation is more or less the same in all schools in UK.

2012 performed extremely well as there was HSMP.

2013 was not so bad as economy was still kicking.

2014, or current batch is in real hot spot. My discussions with other schools share the same outlook.

All schools in Uk having this problem for international students. if schools tries to tell you a different story, ask them to provide details like "batiatus" and enjoy their reluctance!!

Hope we will see some green shoots soon!!

Thanks Batiatus for sharing this raw data
@catiim Here are a few stats:

For MBS Class of 2012
Average EEA Salary: GBP57,612
Average Non-EEA Salary: GBP43,470 (Not PPP adjusted)
90% employed 3 months after graduation

2012 Indian students' specific stats:
23 out of 128
19 got jobs - 15 in UK, 2 in India, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Tokyo; 7 in Industry, 7 in Finance, 5 in Consulting
Recruiters were 4C Associates, Call Credit, CapGemini, Crane Business Systems, DBS Singapore, FSA, Infosys, Lincoln International, Manulife (Tokyo), Network Rail, Samsung, Santander, UMIP

2013 Indian students' specific stats:
28 out of 114
8 have opted (or had to opt) for Electives; 20 for Internship
Of the 20 internships - 14 in UK, 2 in India, 4 in other locations
Internship recruiters were Amazon, BT, EY Dubai, Ebay, Essar Oil, Falcon, KPMG India, Micro Focus, Morgan Stanley, NHS East London, NHS-UHSM, Samsung, Tirupati Yarns, UM13 Ltd

2014 stats and comments:
16 Indian students out of 113
As per my friend in the MBS Class of 2014
1. Struggle for internships is on
2. UK job market is very tough. And if you're looking for internships in other European countries, local language proficiency/fluency is a must
3. McKinsey shortlisted just 2 candidates in the whole batch for internships. One had a GMAT of 750, the other 730
4. Some good general management roles are on offer if you're interested in getting into Industry
5. No top-tier investment banks recruit at MBS
@catiim said:
Well, I'll say one example...In my bank, a guy has recently resigned. He was Computer Engineer from IIT plus IIM Bangalore.........Worked at same place where I worked. I have even had an opportunity to supervise an M Tech from IIT. It took me one year to convince him to go beyond.....On the other hand see this on linkedin....he was at same place 5 years ago where I am today. He chose Said at height of recession.......................http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=33890517&authType;=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken;=rzJw&locale;=en_US&srchid;=c3321173-f06f-4110-8f30-8b4efbd0e3d9-0&srchindex;=2&srchtotal;=304&goback;=%2Efps_PBCK_Kamakhya_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs;=ps&trk;=pp_profile_name_link
@catiim said:
Well, I'll say one example...In my bank, a guy has recently resigned. He was Computer Engineer from IIT plus IIM Bangalore.........Worked at same place where I worked. I have even had an opportunity to supervise an M Tech from IIT. It took me one year to convince him to go beyond.....On the other hand see this on linkedin....he was at same place 5 years ago where I am today. He chose Said at height of recession.......................http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=33890517&authType;=OUT_OF_NETWORK&authToken;=rzJw&locale;=en_US&srchid;=c3321173-f06f-4110-8f30-8b4efbd0e3d9-0&srchindex;=2&srchtotal;=304&goback;=%2Efps_PBCK_Kamakhya_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs;=ps&trk;=pp_profile_name_link
I don't know what inside the link you provided.

But, both way is possible, it all depends on your luck or coincidence or hard work or whatever else you want to term it. Ofcourse there are success stories and there are huge question marks. I know two very close cases, one my cousin and another one my very close friend. Cousin did from London and although he has a job but I do not feel that is the desired role. My friend in one of the top school in Canada is still struggling.

In normal time, getting a desired role from these school used to be cake walk!!

Well, I'll say one example...In my bank, a guy has recently resigned. He was Computer Engineer from IIT plus IIM Bangalore.........Worked at same place where I worked. I have even had an opportunity to supervise an M Tech from IIT. It took me one year to convince him to go beyond.....

On the other hand see this on linkedin....he was at same place 5 years ago where I am today. He chose Said at height of recession.......................
Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains
@catiim

Please SPEAK to FEW real students in current batch. Also talk to students in similar schools. Also try to find your own contact rather than tota (parrots) of the schools.

Honestly speaking, I myself is quite shaky after hearing many students. It is quite surprising for me to find such an uncertainty in the very best schools and from some of the really exceptional students.

The experience shared is not only for Man, it is across the board. Some student even gone to the extreme to say their friends in LBS having difficulties!!

Take decision based on your own feeling, I might be paranoid about job, who knows?
  • 1 Like  
@catiim Will post it in a day or two. The source is the Admissions Director Dr. Heather Spiro, who handed me over a brochure and a pamphlet that had info specific to placements for Indian students once my interview with her got over.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

37 people follow this discussion.