Live Chat Session : "Tips to crack CAT'2013" by 99%ile Students and Faculty of IMI- New Delhi

@IMI.NewDelhi launches Live Chat on *"Tips to crack CAT 2013*" on *23rd Sep, 7 PM.* Before the D-Day comes; resolve all your questions by those who have proven track record._ __1.Which sections should I attempt first?__2.How much sho...

View more posts in Live Chat Session : "Tips to crack CAT'2013" by 99%ile Students and Faculty of IMI- New Delhi

How do i increase my speed in quant??
Through analyzing my AIMCATs i get to know that i m pretty slow, and in order to increase my speed i end up committing silly mistakes ,so, the qa score looks like 15,16 correct and 4-5 incorrects.
If i don't rush i would be attempting around 15-16 questions which are anyway not enough.
I can do it but time pressure eats my score up all the time.
Please help me, as, i look to maximize my scores in qa/di

• 4 Comments
  • @kpsg Well Kamalpreet as far as reading speed is concerne.... 24 Sep '13.
  • thanks a lot :smiley:. 24 Sep '13.

ZINDA hai to, PYALA pura bhar leee 

IMI.NewDelhi
IMI New Delhi @IMI.NewDelhi 1,491
@kpsg Well Kamalpreet as far as reading speed is concerned you will have to read a lot. When you read a lot you tend to cover more things in less time. So say e.g. if you were targeting to read in a 'particular time period' during the day '5 articles', take it up to '7' now. Challenge yourself. Read more and more. Initially you will feel that you are reading more but you are not getting what you are reading, but with time you will realize that not only you are reading more but also you are comprehending better.
Better comprehension skills come only through sheer practice, there is no easy way out. And also reading habit developed now will stay with you forever and it will help you in the longer run.
So just keep working on it.
And for sure if you are aiming that 99+ club then you will have to increase the speed and maximize your attempts.
Also if you are consistently scoring in the late 80s and early 90s then definitely you can get 99+ in the CAT but for that you will have to increase the intensity now for the rest 46 days, and dont lose focus even if you end up getting low scores in any of the upcoming mocks. Just keep your confidence up. Because sometimes when you are trying a new strategy in mocks it happens that you end up getting lower scores (dont forget that you got a lower score because you were trying a new strategy).
So keep at it. All the best!!!!

Browse other posts tagged CAT IMI Delhi New Delhi