Life@IIMA

Hi, Got my PC & net connection a few minutes ago. Life is going on pretty hectic. The place is impressive, will give more details later. Food is okay, havent started receiving the non-veg stuffs till now. Climate also pretty ok. Having a very h...

Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 39   

The journey as a fachcha has nearly come to an end, with just a few exams to go.

From Kanpur Confectionery to Aravind Eye Care - the journey that PGP-1 at IIM-Ahmedabad has been.

Seven Point Someone: From Kanpur Confectionery to Aravind Eye Care ..

• 3 Likes  
PGP 11-13, IIM-A | Visit http://sgshrinivas.com for CAT Journey, GD & Interview Experiences

Five More Minutes:

A short movie on Life @ Wimwi :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150463760517517&set;=vb.104244413030497&type;=2&theater;

Like it if you like it . . .

• 1 Like  
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

ANY help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance.:)

Call me...

Number in your PM box....
Hi all. I hope posting my query on this thread helps as I am a bit perplexed right now. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of info/help available on the web about it for, err, obvious reasons.
On being suggested to do so, I had applied to an IIM-A prof. (Marketing Dept.) last to last night. To my surprise, he replied yesterday morning itself saying that we'll set up a preliminary talk on phone. The date has been fixed as 10 Jan.
I am quite pleasantly surprised though, as I wasn't expecting any outcome. I am basically a 3rd year Engineering studentobviously with next to nothing knowledge about managerial studies (but obviously a lot of interest in the same.) Interning under a faculty's guidance, that too IIM-A, good enough, I hope?
Now I am slightly nervous. What will be asked on phone? What preparations do I make now for the same to ensure that it proves to be worthwhile? Will the phone call be the last step or there will be more of them to follow up? Does anybody have an idea about what an undergrad, that too a Software Engineering student, can be made to do during the internship period. I am very keen on availing this opportunity to learn in a *dream institution* (who knows if I can make it in there for MBA or not )
I tried going through his papers but the terminology...
WHAT are MDP courses, cases et al?
Do I sound like a noob? Yes I am. #noobexpert

ANY help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance.:)

MDP - management development pragramme.....
Seven Point Someone: The A to Z of Life at IIM-Ahmedabad

Blog update. The A to Z of Life at IIM-Ahmedabad.
Feedback welcome.
  • 2 Likes  
PGP 11-13, IIM-A | Visit http://sgshrinivas.com for CAT Journey, GD & Interview Experiences

It all started with that line in the Operations Management Lecture.
"Shrinivas Sg, your handwriting is the complete opposite of your personality "

Blog Updated. Do read :-).

Seven Point Someone: The Preposterous Paunch Predicament

• 2 Likes  
  • 1 Like  

Hi guys,

Now i know y they say its hard to find time in first year at IIM A. Slot-1 is over , with so hectic schedule of everything say it studies or extracurriculars.
I am getting used to the way to classify my needs and then execute them if i get time. Thats another thing that i have not got time for last 20 days to fullfil my basic desires. :P
So prepare yourself to study harder after CAt . Coz u just cant ignore things which are so important and going to make u perfectionist in future.
Also T-nights are over with lot of fun . our section( A) stood Second but we enjoyed more than anything.

@pussy; u are just showing ur unsatisfied character through ur posts . Anyhow i would be happy if u concentrate more on how to enter the institute and then make comments rather than doing mudslinging from outside.

C U soon

• 1 Like  

@all. can we stop this petty argument?

@pussy. what value did you add by posting this blog link in this particular thread?
you could have posted it here:-
Chit-Chat / Your Interests - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2011, GMAT, XAT, MAT
or may be here:-
Career Discussions - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2011, GMAT, XAT, MAT

please don't post irrelevant content in irrelevant threads.

this thread is not meant for criticism of IIMA.

• 3 Likes  

I'm tired of this argument. That post is not nonsense.

That post compares iima with the best of the world and particularly the PGP programme. It defnitely means something. Go Figure.

Hey dj1, if u claim that post to be useless, why get wary of it.

C'mon, this is not a military intelligence website where links shouldn't be shown and most of information is classified.

Hey, I find this statement pretty contradictory. You claim that you know the writer and he is from iima, and then claim the sources are not credible enough. This is absurd.

Please, iima is good and it rocks, but the insight is that it is like bringing a knife to a machine gun fight when compared to the global giants.

Posting again...formatting errors...thanks..

I agree this is not military intelligence website. But this forum has some rules coz everybdy around i not "JOBLESS' and they need to access information correctly and succinctly.

I know that person and that is the reason I say its not credible enough. I don't find it absurd. You know someone is not knowledgable enough to comment on a thing, so you are confident. I hope you get it.

This is your opinion, which is based on a baseless blog. But you can believe on it, nobody really cares.

Cheers,
dj1

C'mon, this is not a military intelligence website where links shouldn't be shown and most of information is classified.

I agree this is not military intelligence website. But this forum has some rules coz everybdy around i not "JOBLESS' and they need to access information correctly and succinctly.

Hey, I find this statement pretty contradictory. You claim that you know the writer and he is from iima, and then claim the sources are not credible enough. This is absurd.

I know that person and that is the reason I say its not credible enough. I don't find it absurd. You know someone is not knowledgable enough to comment on a thing, so you are confident. I hope you get it.

Please, iima is good and it rocks, but the insight is that it is like bringing a knife to a machine gun fight when compared to the global giants.

This is your opinion, which is based on a baseless blog. But you can believe on it, nobody really cares.

Cheers,
dj1

. I agree with your opinion, and also with the writer to an extent. I know the writer very well, he is from dorm.

This forum is to share first hand experiences and not quote sources who are not credible enough to believe. A blog is an expression and no one can trust an individual expression.

And if you ask for my opinion. I not a blog and I am first hand experience-r. This place rocks and is incomparable to anything in the world (my opinion, please don't generalize). But I am sad only few people realize full potential from the place and those who don;t write such blogs in their free time.

Cheers,
dj1

I would also request the moderator to come out of their slumber and stop one more mud-slinging session by unknown sources and claimers.

Let sanity prevail.

Cheers,
dj1

• 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

304 people follow this discussion.