Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management )

Hey Gimians .. This is the thread which I always wanted *Edited by Oxymoron: To maintain consistency in thread titles for "Life@Bschool " series *
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 52 of 134   
It Feels as though I am posting after years on PG...thoroughly missed PG

The 1st 2 weeks have been quite eventful at GIM. Life is like a roller coaster....Getting a feel already how fast my PGDM would get over at this speed

It started with the rigorous selection procedure( had almost 4-5 rounds) to get into the Placement Committee.Followed by the Mid-Summers Nite , wherein the PGP1s perform to entertain the PGP2s .Its Compulsory to perform for each and every individual. PGP1s were at their best showcasing their talents - Dance,Drama,Music,Mimicking et al.
This was followed by the Freshers party at the IVY lounge till 3 in the morning.

Post this life has been whirlwind here - Presentations,case studies, lectures and more case studies ......

As i write this post some guys have their selection process for joining the Alumni Committee..which may go on till 3-4 in the mornin

An MBA its a 24 cycle......the campus never Sleeps .
Sleep is a Luxury!!!!!
  • 5 Likes  

hello friends m new here but m just amazed after reading ur responses about GIM ..........:) n definately would like to join u thr m BTech final yr students n planning 4 MBA next yr would u plz tell me if work experience is must 4 GIM ????? plzzzzzzz help me :pray

severus snape Says
Hello Peeepaaals!!!Ab nahi koi post daal raha hai toh hum kya karein...Log jeewan ki bhaag daud me itne masroof ho liye hain ki kisi ko is thread ki sudh hi nahi rahi :)Mera jiwan filhal theek thaak chal raha hai...lakhon ka target diya hai company ne....but I am well on my way to exceeding it...so god has been kind to me...I am travelling the length and breadth of Ghaziabad...turned 3 shades darker and met more Baniyas than I can handle..and have developed an awesome respect for their business acumen...This post is pretty special because here I am going to list out some of the most legendary dialogues that students of GIM have heard from the well...that shows the amount of wit that is infused the teaching here at GIM...1. " Dear students...if you want to sleep in class....please do...I have no objection to that...just do not SNORE.....or else Tumhare baju wala uth jayega!! "2. "Sales is a lot like courtship...u don't push at all...she (customer) will not even know who you are and you dont stand a chance...push to hard and she might dial 100 or get in public to beat you up...so u should push absolutely optimum !!!!"3. "A salesman should know who hs customer is sleeping with" !!!there are many more....but I will leave you with a quote (to shut up someone wo is bullshitting) that will exist in the minds of GIMites for as long as they exist....and till the school exists... "CUT THE FOREPLAY AND COME TO THE POINT!!!!

Few dialogues which snape will remember till he is alive :

"I dont give a damn", " I give a damn", " Bus 90 secs mam", " I deal wid nomorss" and the best ""Dont fight wid a pig, u will get dirty and she( i mean she) will njoy it"

Finally released from the company today. And have starting thinking about how my life would shape at GIM. Have waited quite a long time now since my final offer letter in APRIL. And the wait gets much tougher when i hear that other B schools have started:-( . But i guess we would get the fruits of our patience. And a lot of surprises are waiting for us this time. A new campus.Na jane kaisa dikhta hoga voh. Heard a lot of new good faculty has also joined. Also the selection process this year was very different from last year(THOSE PROFILE BASED CALLS) so expecting a huge diversity in the batch. Thinking how good the girls would be in my class. In INFY PUNE the crowd was good in terms of girls. Thinking about whether i would be able to perform well over there in SUCH A COMPETITIVE BATCH. just so many things going through my mind. But also thinking about ME SITTING ON THE BEACH WITH A BEER IN MY HAND WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF FRIENDS.. but for now.. waiting waiting waiting...

Today is a very special Day ... exactly 365 days back I started my journey at GIM. And I am proud that I came here. GIM changed my life completely, also the people I met here.. my batch mates, seniors, alumni, faculty and now juniors. Cant imagine that now I will be a PGP-2 ... a Senior Core Committee member of MECCA.

I have said this lots of time, will say it again today

If Kerela is God's own country then ... GIM IS GOD'S OWN B-SCHOOL

• 3 Likes  
caterpilar Says
We would love to see others view point as well :cheers:.

Hello Peeepaaals!!!Ab nahi koi post daal raha hai toh hum kya karein...Log jeewan ki bhaag daud me itne masroof ho liye hain ki kisi ko is thread ki sudh hi nahi rahi :)Mera jiwan filhal theek thaak chal raha hai...lakhon ka target diya hai company ne....but I am well on my way to exceeding it...so god has been kind to me...I am travelling the length and breadth of Ghaziabad...turned 3 shades darker and met more Baniyas than I can handle..and have developed an awesome respect for their business acumen...This post is pretty special because here I am going to list out some of the most legendary dialogues that students of GIM have heard from the well...that shows the amount of wit that is infused the teaching here at GIM...1. " Dear students...if you want to sleep in class....please do...I have no objection to that...just do not SNORE.....or else Tumhare baju wala uth jayega!! "2. "Sales is a lot like courtship...u don't push at all...she (customer) will not even know who you are and you dont stand a chance...push to hard and she might dial 100 or get in public to beat you up...so u should push absolutely optimum !!!!"3. "A salesman should know who hs customer is sleeping with" !!!there are many more....but I will leave you with a quote (to shut up someone wo is bullshitting) that will exist in the minds of GIMites for as long as they exist....and till the school exists... "CUT THE FOREPLAY AND COME TO THE POINT!!!!
  • 3 Likes  
hi GIM puys,
can somebody tell me the placement trend of GIM.. i mean companies n package etc... a detailed one will be highly appreciated...thanks in advance

this thread is for students of GIM, alumni and students of other B-Schools.. kindly put your query in the appropriate thread .. here is the link for the same : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gim-final-result-2010-2012-25051746
  • 1 Like  

hi GIM puys,
can somebody tell me the placement trend of GIM.. i mean companies n package etc... a detailed one will be highly appreciated...thanks in advance

hello GIMites...

though i have not yet joined the PGP1 yet, but really wanted to write a post here.. the enthusiasm of this thread is very amazing.. especially JHA.. man this guy should be a writer... and many other seniors like him who have really kept this thread going... and since our seniors and gonna be PGP1s would be joining the new campus...

we would surely miss the calmness of mandovi river.. and the bike rides of causeway.. and that 400 year old memorial building.. and that girls hostel visit in GIM old campus in diwali.... but i guess the GIM culture would remain intact in the new campus as well.... same old celebrations of festivals like diwali,holi,eid,etc but in a new way in a new campus...... hope to see u all in GIM....

• 3 Likes  
nitiksh Says
Well Jha is traveling across the length and breath of this great country and I am busy in my office.....however i will ask jha to write something soon, till then we all will hv to wait

We would love to see others view point as well :cheers:.
What would you trade "this moment" for?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

459 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events