Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management )

Hey Gimians .. This is the thread which I always wanted *Edited by Oxymoron: To maintain consistency in thread titles for "Life@Bschool " series *
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 52 of 135   

Rollercoaster

Thats the present situation at GIM
Stayed up whole night working for my committee ...then attended all lectures following morning...Also had presentation and Assignments to submit at the same time

Today had Economics Quiz and the following week has mid terms and series of new presentations

Using the word hectic would be an understatement at present

• 6 Likes  
Independence Day @ GIM :

It started with flag hoisting followed by National anthem and patriotic songs by PGP1.

Then a photo session with director, tea/coffee and refreshment

And the real fun began

Event was Back to Future... on the lines of going back in time and playing some games that we used to play... very much similar to treasure hunt....

It was fun and more importantly a much needed stress buster....

Kudos to GIM PR Cell for organizing it

dude u forgot the sweets and samosa.
kudos to the PR cell, got to experience the Amazing race in the BEAutiful GIM campus which was quite tiring followed by brain-vista selection procedures and submissions.
  • 2 Likes  

Independence Day @ GIM :

It started with flag hoisting followed by National anthem and patriotic songs by PGP1.

Then a photo session with director, tea/coffee and refreshment

And the real fun began

Event was Back to Future... on the lines of going back in time and playing some games that we used to play... very much similar to treasure hunt....

It was fun and more importantly a much needed stress buster....

Kudos to GIM PR Cell for organizing it

• 3 Likes  
Peace Says
So how is the new campus?

The New Campus is pretty huge...Though some of the construction is going on

The facilities are just awesome.

We have a laundromat,CCD is coming on campus, Already a couple of LCD's r in place in the mess..The rooms are quite spacious with Table,chair,book shelf,soft board,cupboard,bed...and a lot of storage space...I just love my room

A good chunk of work is left which will b done till October

Once done we will b having swimming pool,squash court n lots of stuff....will update u once things r done
  • 9 Likes  
daniket Says
Now a days life @GIM is quite helter-skelter with half of junta staying at old campus and rest at new campus... but we will be all together pretty soon...

So how is the new campus?
The Mid-Summers are over ....n so is the Freshers

Now is the week for Committees and clubs for their selection procedures
GIM has a variety of clubs which work for different purposes...

Each of these clubs have their different selection procedures which start at odd times such as 1 am n go on till 9 am ....n then we have lectures to attend at 10

The selection process may involve GDs,multiple interviews,presentations,creativity test,CVs,SOPs.....n many more ...trust me its lot more rigorous then the selection into GIM

I have got through placement committee hence m free from this ...but many of my friends are still fighting to get through the esteemed clubs......GIM has around 13 different clubs
  • 4 Likes  
I am late by 3 weeks.. However better late than never..
Amidst a lot of hopes, speculations, excitement and apprehensions, this day has finally arrived I am in a B-school, Goa Institute of Management. As the new campus @ Sanquelim is shaping up, few of the PGP-1 guys are staying at the old campus @ Ribandar. Though staying here means 2 hours of commuting for the next few days, but its a great experience to have our seniors (PGP-2) around, interact with them, know and appreciate the GIM way of living. All of them are really helpful and supportive. And it has been a great experience so far.
Coming to the campus, most of them might be aware that the old campus (Santa Casa De Misericordia) has a legacy of its own and the new campus at Sanquelim, once completed, would undoubtedly be one of the best b-school campuses in the country. Right now its a matter of just some weeks, but as the saying goes - Rome was not built in a day. The campus is located on a hill overlooking Sanquelim town one side and the Western Ghats on the remaining sides. Never ending stretches of greenery in every direction is a feast to anyones eyes. The classrooms and faculty block look amazing. Hostel rooms, the furniture and other amenities are way above what one would ask for. Those who have their rooms window facing the Western Ghats are bound to fall in love with the nature (if not already) and would wish to get locked in their rooms forever.
and yea, as mentioned by my batchmate.. we had a great time @ mid summers and freshers nite.. and sleep has definitely become a luxury now..
Thats all for now I will try to be back soon..
  • 5 Likes  

Now a days life @GIM is quite helter-skelter with half of junta staying at old campus and rest at new campus... but we will be all together pretty soon...

How is Life @ GIM coming along?

Smiles

Tapan

(For those who don't know me, i passed out from GIM in the year 2008 and i am currently employed with HUL. Ppl ini the placement cell might/can know me through Ninette!

vidyashrawani Says
hello friends m new here but m just amazed after reading ur responses about GIM ..........:) n definately would like to join u thr m BTech final yr students n planning 4 MBA next yr would u plz tell me if work experience is must 4 GIM ????? plzzzzzzz help me :pray

Hey Vidya this is not the right thread to direct your Question...this thread is for the Bschool Students...As for your Q work ex is not must in any of the Bschools in India except ISB...Its preferrable not mandatory in all the rest
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

512 people follow this discussion.