SHOW
MORE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT GIM, Goa

Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management )

• Created by @aspire
Hey Gimians .. This is the thread which I always wanted *Edited by Oxymoron: To maintain consistency in thread titles for "Life@Bschool " series *

Goa Institute of Management came alive this Diwali with Student Clubs RaZzMaTaZz and Prayas organizing multiple events on campus to make everyone feel at home.

Click here(#‎GIMwaliDiwali‬) for glimpses ; courtesy Sprockets!

Happy Diwali !!

Sprockets
Sprockets
Sprockets. 610 likes · 43 talking about this. Sprockets is the photography and film making club of Goa Institute of Management under the Center for...

Facebook

• 1 Like  
Goa Institute of Management || 2014-16 || Student PR Cell , Admissions Committee 

Interview with our new director Fr. Joe Arun and Prof. D'Lima that came in today's TOI

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/GIM-seeks-to-create-employers-not-employees-we-make-peop...

'GIM seeks to create employers not employees; we make people, not money' - The Times of India
'GIM seeks to create employers not employees; we make people, not money' - The Times of India
Twenty-odd years ago, Fr Romuald D'Souza, a Jesuit priest, started the Goa institute of management. Since then, it has come a long way and ranked 10th among the top private B-schools in India. Today, GIM intends to push new boundaries and in order to lead this charge, who better than another Jesuit.

Indiatimes

Goa Institute of Management || 2014-2016 || Admissions Committe 
International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!

10:81.2%

Inter:76.2%

btech:64.5%

can i get selected in gim without any work experience and a decent cat score?

• @pgdmFreak Hi. Weightage to your past academic is 15% an.... 4d.
hareesh001
Hareesh R @hareesh001 38

@pgdmFreak  Hi. Weightage to your past academic is 15% and weightage for work-experience is 10%, CAT score the most weightage with 40%. Last year's CAT cut off was 90%. Donot worry ,Do well in CAT . All the best

Introducing Take 5 -  Goa Institute of Management's very own chat show featuring eminent personalities. "Know More" and Get Inspired !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikK1EHoGdmA&list=UU73BWBwbZS5I15sLBMDtE8g

• 1 Like  
Goa Institute of Management || 2014-16 || Student PR Cell , Admissions Committee 

Butter Chicken aur Do Tandoori Roti! Bas ye kar dijiye bhaiya

3:47 PM, first meal of the day, I glanced through the menu just for comparisons as I had lost most of my appetite to October heat on a busy Friday. But I had to eat something to survive the remaining half of the day. 13 more minutes and it would have been time for evening snacks some 500 kms away in Arul's territory. Just the thought of it sent chills through my veins.

It was time when the cafe would be full of hangry birds who either woke up too late to have lunch or the smart pants who skipped Dal Triveni or Vattana Masala for lunch in unrealistic high hopes of having some better food for snacks. The most difficult thing, at least for me was to decide what i wanted to have along with that tasteless solution they called Tea. The time it would take for you to get your order was directly proportional to the taste of the dish and if it tasted nice, it would be over by the time you even think of a second shot.

But however bad the food was, it was time to make plans for the night, discuss how globaal the lecture was and how "great learning" was happening everywhere. I was lucky enough to have some wonderful friends and unlucky enough that they all had taken different electives to make sure our plans were revised more often than the TimeTable from PGP Office. 

I always hated the fact that the snacks would either be too hot or too cold for my liking and not the right temperature. But the view of the valley behind the library usually calm everyone down instantly.

I was lost in the mesmerising view from my timeline until it was disrupted by "kanda mangta kya?" by the food runner. The one thing I hated most was eating alone in college, the few times I had food alone, it always left a bad after-taste. In the fast scheme of thing, we forget to realise that every meal in the cafe, or JK or Celebration or wherever fancy place you people go to, is an experience of a life time. Treat it like a luxury that you would barter your dearest thing for in a year or so. There is nothing replacing that craic in the cafe full of jokes and laughter and those half remembered dinners outside campus. You will visit the most famous of food-joints around the world and pamper your tasting buds with the most delicious cuisines, but you will miss that Friday Biryani Lunch every now and then because you had it with the most craziest of friends. 

It just won't go down, there was no point trying. He asked me "what is wrong with the food?, our taste hasn't changed in 20+ years" I replied, " My time has changed!" and left. 

I am not saying you will make the best friends in GIM and you will have the most amazing meals with them. But I promise, you will have a lot of memorable ones. Just enjoy them as much as you can. 

• 1 Like  
|AMANDEEP SHEOKAND| GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT Batch of 2012-14

what is the expected cut off from cmat for getting admission in gim goa ?and can i apply my cmat feb 2014 score card for 2015-17 admission process

• For any queries related to admissions, kindly follow this.... 16 Oct.

hello....

i am posting on this thread after hell of a long time. how is everyone doing from both the 1st year and 2nd year batches?

Cheers,

Tapan

Batch of 2008

• Hi Tapan, this is Vasudha and I'm a first year student.. .... 7d.
vasudha.parmar
Vasudha Parmar @vasudha.parmar

Hi Tapan, this is Vasudha and I'm a first year student.. Everything is going great as of now, Diwali celebrations are coming up.. and preparations have begun

Facebook
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with...

Facebook

Goa Institute of Management || 2014-16 ||

Student PR Cell, Admissions Committee

Nice to see this thread still active Logged in after a couple of years and PG has changed so much! All the best guys!!

• 2 Likes  
http://paradoxicalmetaphor.blogspot.sg/

I didn't write for long, never had the time really through that rollercoaster of a 2nd year & neither the energy nor the mood to do anything for a while afterwards. A corporate career will start soon and the disbelief that it is all over will soon sink in. Eat-sleep-drink is the mantra of life, that hasn't changed; just the ways of doing them have, in the post GIM life or whatever they call it.

I would no longer grab a coffee from Jaggu and crash in the ATM like it's my living room. The coffee from the office vending machines is nowhere close to Starjuggs' neither in taste nor in value. The interaction with guys from other B-Schools only increases my love and respect for the life in GIM.

Overheard a guy cribbing about the rains and all I could think of was the most amazing clouds I have seen that shower the purest nectar from the heavens. They come back each year and welcome the PGP1s with thunders, and of course cleanse the PGP2s off the corporate dust gathered over the 2 months of summer internship.

To all the PGP1s, do enjoy every single moment in GIM, for it is the best campus life anyone could hope for (And one that we can surely brag about ). To the PGP2s, you already know how to enjoy! No need to worry about placements and packages as of now, just spread happiness around you and share it like we usually do mg.

Things I observed in the last 5 days

1. Some Guys from the same college not hanging out with each other, not even conversing at times (that will never happen for us)

2. Guys cribbing about their college and say they would never go back (U mad bro!)

We might crib about the offer we got, or some faculty or the management, but we will never ever crib about our life in GIM. Our togetherness is our DNA, and that is the most beautiful thing. From each birthday being celebrated like it's our best friends' to all the festival celebration, those numerous events and obviously the Razzie parties. Enjoy each one of it & be a part of it.

Few years down the line, on a fine evening while returning back from office, you will not think about your targets, you would wish you were breaking a dahi-handi in front of H1 instead .

All the best

• 7 Likes  
  • THANK U AND WISH U THE SAME :smiley: NICE ONE !!. 09 Jun.
|AMANDEEP SHEOKAND| GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT Batch of 2012-14
Hey...any idea when the results of interviews be declared ?
  • 3Comments
  • Wrong thread buddy. This is the Life@GIM thread.. 18 Mar.
  • @raghav.grover14 By end of March. 10 Mar.
Hi.. I have my GIM GDPI on 11th Match.. how has been the process till now.. what all should I prepare for? Also, howz the overall GIM experience..seniors pls comment..
  • GIM GD- PI Experiences 2014-16 under Forums ->XAT,SNAP,II.... 05 Mar.
  • Hi There... This is not the right thread for asking any k.... 05 Mar.
mayurnayak84
Mayur Nayak @mayurnayak84 1.6 k
GIM GD- PI Experiences 2014-16 under Forums ->XAT,SNAP,IIFT,MAT,CMAT..
mayurnayak84
Hi There... This is not the right thread for asking any kind of questions pertaining to the Selection Process,admission queries etc. This page is mainly for all of us to read & post about the Life & Experiences at GIM.

For GD-PI experiences you can refer the below page.

@severus_snape Its been long we heard from you. Kuch Likhiye Sir. Ye forum forum soona soona sa lag raha.

• 2 Likes  
  • @tanmoych : @severus_snape Aajkal kahi pe HR ke gyaan bat.... 27 Feb.
Goa Institute of Management||2011-13 
mayurnayak84
@tanmoych : @severus_snape Aajkal kahi pe HR ke gyaan bat rahe honge :D.. Jha saab time to post something on this forum nw !

Sitting in the office, in front of my laptop, I was immersed in a zillion excel sheets when suddenly boss appeared and reminded my team about the fact that the project is getting delayed and we need to buck up. “Yes Sir, we will” is what we said, almost in unison p. I gazed towards my laptop and thought of “bucking” myself up. But as a result, the only thing I ended up doing is picking up the cell phone and checking for any Facebook updates . The first update, as is often the case nowadays was about a grad school friend who just got married. I clicked like on the update, thought about the popular Barney Stinson quote but quickly realized that neither I nor anyone around was getting awesome, and hence moved further on my Facebook timeline.

The next update though is from one of the juniors in GIM about the annual musical event; Inception. I check out the update and also end up browsing through some beach party pictures on his timeline. All this manages to make me fairly nostalgic and takes me 600 odd days back and also some 600 kilometers south of my current location, Mumbai, to a place where I spent 2 precious and memorable years of my life. Goa .

Coincidentally, Some 2 years ago, around this time of the year I had put up my last article on this forum. It was about Inception and how Geno Banks and his troupe had mesmerized us. “It must have been rocking this time too” I thought . The pictures on my juniors Facebook timeline too suggested something similar.

This is the third term for the PGP 1s and the sixth or the last term for the PGP 2s and that is reason enough for the PGP 2s to enjoy these 3 months to the fullest . Other reasons being the placement season is over by now and also the courses are lighter. Plans are chalked out during the Christmas holidays itself. These not only include preparing a check list for all the 25 odd popular beaches in Goa that need a visit but also trying to make the most of out of events like 'Inception' and 'Sangamam'. One gets to see some awesome performances in these events. Stage fright keeps some talented people away from the stage for 2 years . In this term though, some of them too, do muster courage and perform in these events, perhaps thinking this to be the last time they get to do anything on stage as students in their life . This term is also the one for parties. The beach party which happens sometime in Feb was my favorite and was so for many others.

With so much happening around people often do not realize how quickly time passes away, giving us so many sweet memories to cherish for life . As they say GIM is a way of life.

And just as my thoughts meandered into those serene beaches lookround, I heard “lunch karle bhai..kitna kaam karega??”. It was my colleague who thought I was engrossed in those stupid excel sheets . It was lunch time and I was getting late. Cursing him and my boss and life in general I saved my spreadsheets, put the laptop screen down and moved out for lunch.

• 9 Likes  
Goa Institute of Management||2011-13 
Manisha Nair||Goa Institute of Management 2013-15||

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

439 people follow this discussion.