Life @ XIM,Bhubaneswar

couldn't really think of a more apt way to start this thread... the following words are the creation of Kartikeya Mishra,2004-06 batch... XST: XIM Standard Time _Normal daily routine of a guy at XIMB 8:45 XST: Wake up time...the ala...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 23 of 36   
ragz22 Says
Hey.........chk out the holi photographs....enjoy.....

woo....is tht the way ximbian's play holi......hmm...cant digest it........bt ya mus be relly fun........gr8 goin guys n gals(jus showin off i m nt a male chauvinist)....hahah...bt ya pics r relly cool....

Hey.........chk out the holi photographs....enjoy.....

• 3 Likes  
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now
This thread has been quiet for some time. Farewells, dinners, submissions etc have been keeping the XIMBians quite busy. At Maxinations, the overall winner was C block. RMH did not come last contrary to some predictions.
After Maxinations, people got back to serious business. Classes from 9 am to 9pm. Deadlines, assignments, submissions every night. Obviously the quizzes also were held with unfailing regularity. If that wasn't enough, we were bamboozled with some surprise quizzes!! But the XIMBian spirit has fought all this and finally stands at the end of the 3rd term and the first year.

Yesterday we celebrated Holi. I dont usually celebrate Holi because of childhood trauma of chemically harmful colours. As a part of tradition, the Students Executive Council (SEC) members went to play Holi with the faculty members. Boy was that fun !!. The profs really let their hair down and let the colours do the talking. Some of the profs even ganged up with us to go door to door and spray some colours on those who wouldn't step out. We didn't even spare Father Tony. He looked like he had the blues (bad pun, but extremely essential )

Till now the celebration had been quite decent. After that, it just got wilder and better. Sleeping batchmates were rudely woken up and dragged down to play. People were given mud baths, sprayed with colour - kachha & pakka, and then decently hosed down as well. People were pushed into drums of coloured water. I think some people who had a grudge against me put permanent colour on me. As it is one couldnt make out who's who! After 6 bathing cycles & gallons of water & soap I am proud to say I am just a very light shade of pink. There are some green and blue monsters still walking around & some look like tomatoes!

I didnt get to see it but we did have that matka phodo thingy as well. I apologise but I do not know the technical term for it. From the photos, it does seem like lots of fun! There was special dinner in the evening for Holi.
Never have been more proud about the XIMB culture.

A proud XIMBian signs off
Adios!

can we have a few pics plz??

or i'll have to check them when i come to campus for the convo?

btw, for all prospective aspirants, here's the link to the XIMB Director's Interview conducted by PG:

PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2007, GMAT, XAT, CAT 2008, SNAP, IIM - The XIMB Director's Interview - Interviews
  • 2 Likes  
RMH did not come last contrary to some predictions.

Yea , Dinah ...RMH didn`t secure the 5th place (out of 5 participating blocks )... A- Block (read: Akil n ragzz' block ) did infact !!
This thread has been quiet for some time. Farewells, dinners, submissions etc have been keeping the XIMBians quite busy. At Maxinations, the overall winner was C block. RMH did not come last contrary to some predictions.
After Maxinations, people got back to serious business. Classes from 9 am to 9pm. Deadlines, assignments, submissions every night. Obviously the quizzes also were held with unfailing regularity. If that wasn't enough, we were bamboozled with some surprise quizzes!! But the XIMBian spirit has fought all this and finally stands at the end of the 3rd term and the first year.

Yesterday we celebrated Holi. I dont usually celebrate Holi because of childhood trauma of chemically harmful colours. As a part of tradition, the Students Executive Council (SEC) members went to play Holi with the faculty members. Boy was that fun !!. The profs really let their hair down and let the colours do the talking. Some of the profs even ganged up with us to go door to door and spray some colours on those who wouldn't step out. We didn't even spare Father Tony. He looked like he had the blues (bad pun, but extremely essential )

Till now the celebration had been quite decent. After that, it just got wilder and better. Sleeping batchmates were rudely woken up and dragged down to play. People were given mud baths, sprayed with colour - kachha & pakka, and then decently hosed down as well. People were pushed into drums of coloured water. I think some people who had a grudge against me put permanent colour on me. As it is one couldnt make out who's who! After 6 bathing cycles & gallons of water & soap I am proud to say I am just a very light shade of pink. There are some green and blue monsters still walking around & some look like tomatoes!

I didnt get to see it but we did have that matka phodo thingy as well. I apologise but I do not know the technical term for it. From the photos, it does seem like lots of fun! There was special dinner in the evening for Holi.

Adios!

I also wanna be one of you from this year only. And this thread is making me like XIMB more and more...

I hope I get through...:satisfie:

Adios!

• 6 Likes  
U call dat a rebuttal !! :D

Here`s just a plain n simple reply ....
  1. This is'nt maxinations. - Did I even mention dat it is a part of Maxinations ??.. Akil , stop reading between the lines ( as is ur wont) :P
  2. No man's land is no women's land too....many of the species tend to stay around our block...so you win, we win - Uh Oh !! So sorry to say , ur block isn`t that alluring that many of us would like to hang around it. The presence is hedged across all the 4 Blocks, the main reason being - We need work in "Groups" with u guys , and for which (very thankfully!!) RMH rules don`t allow the presence of u creatures in our hallowed precincts.So, there ...
  3. "Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous" ....is my block...in the eyes of a RMH person who couldnt give a honest reply to the question posed and asked most other participants whether they were asking logical questions! - Uh Oh again ... who talks of "logic" here .. is it the resident of that very block which was indirectly taunted at by the very moderator Prof. Subhajyoti Ray for "trivialising the topic" ... U go into details Akil .. Ill go into finer ones ...:):D
  4. Name the year when RMH won Maxinations...? (doesnt exist ...so don't bother looking :smile: ) - There again he goes about Maxinations !! Akil .. u need to understand ..this discussion is about FullStop n not about Maxinations...
  5. Look up the years where the A-block won.... (its a long list..plz do) - I so wanna talk about the Inter-block Cricket matches ( and the results of the only match which the much-touted "Sports Block => A Block played in) ... but then unlike Akil I won`t deviate from the topic ..
  6. We're were the only block who cheered fer you ppl....and still you say this to us :smile: - Oh yeah ?? We were present in full force n neither did we ask for ur "cheers" , but then ...can we help it if ur loyalties lie with us
  7. Regarding the tees, we believe in striking the iron when its hot...not when its still in the mine ! ;P .. Yeah yeah ... we`re so waiting to cast our eyes on the design (if there is any , that is ) ;)
  8. We'll still have the last laugh. ... Yeah , I know .... Laughter is the best policy .. Only when u don`t have anything to say or nothin to show (read : results )
  9. RMH = Russi Modi hostel....realise that Russi Mody is a guy! .. We aren`t an ungrateful race u know !! We know how to pay tributes , irrespective of his/her gender ... Ever heard of Memorials ??
  10. You still are'nt a block! :!: - Very True.. Glad u admit it !! U are just a "Block" of the Men`s residence .. we are a complete hostel !! Hope u won`t argue the fact that Blocks make up a Hostel ... Hostel >> Block
Here are the Winners !! (Vandana n Neha from RMH)
Whew.... Hope the "reply" suffices :D
Cheerio :)

I am not an RMH resident, so obviously i can't faff as well as missprint and some of the " Winners" do. I just thought i wud clear sum of the points:

1) RMH has great talent, wonderful people but the sad part part is that it is still a hostel whereas our block( same with B,C,D and RM) is like a home to us . This is precisely the reason why one finds my beloved RMH friends looking for home in our blocks.

2) As for the tees, jst wait fr the rt. time. Anywaz, we dun need to wear the same t-shirts to prove that we are from the same block. Probably, u guys dun see each othr often enough to know ur hostel mates.

3) Plz do not talk abt sports. look at all college teams and u can figure out the reason behind A-block being THE SPORTS block. I believe u very conveniently forgot to mention the badminton tournament. Please chk the results ma'am.

4) Yes, we love to laugh coz we share great camaraderie in the block. Hope u guys also get to experience this feeling sumday.

5) Maxinations or no Maxinations, A-block(same wth B,C,D) junta will stand fr their block, whereas i hope for ur sake , this great "UNITY" n "Team Work" lasts atleast till maxinations.

i m sure u wud reply......

adios....
  • 1 Like  
err....the rebuttal in points ....

1. This is'nt maxinations.
  2. No man's land is no women's land too....many of the species tend to stay around our block...so you win, we win
  3. "Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous" ....is my block...in the eyes of a RMH person who couldnt give a honest reply to the question posed and asked most other participants whether they were asking logical questions!
  4. Name the year when RMH won Maxinations...? (doesnt exist ...so don't bother looking )
  5. Look up the years where the A-block won.... (its a long list..plz do)
  6. We're were the only block who cheered fer you ppl....and still you say this to us :smile:
  7. Regarding the tees, we believe in striking the iron when its hot...not when its still in the mine ! ;P
  8. We'll still have the last laugh.
  9. RMH = Russi Modi hostel....realise that Russi Mody is a guy!
  10. You still are'nt a block! :!:

U call dat a rebuttal !! :D

Here`s just a plain n simple reply ....

1. This is'nt maxinations. - Did I even mention dat it is a part of Maxinations ??.. Akil , stop reading between the lines ( as is ur wont) :P
  2. No man's land is no women's land too....many of the species tend to stay around our block...so you win, we win - Uh Oh !! So sorry to say , ur block isn`t that alluring that many of us would like to hang around it. The presence is hedged across all the 4 Blocks, the main reason being - We need work in "Groups" with u guys , and for which (very thankfully!!) RMH rules don`t allow the presence of u creatures in our hallowed precincts.So, there ...
  3. "Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous" ....is my block...in the eyes of a RMH person who couldnt give a honest reply to the question posed and asked most other participants whether they were asking logical questions! - Uh Oh again ... who talks of "logic" here .. is it the resident of that very block which was indirectly taunted at by the very moderator Prof. Subhajyoti Ray for "trivialising the topic" ... U go into details Akil .. Ill go into finer ones ...:):D
  4. Name the year when RMH won Maxinations...? (doesnt exist ...so don't bother looking :smile: ) - There again he goes about Maxinations !! Akil .. u need to understand ..this discussion is about FullStop n not about Maxinations...
  5. Look up the years where the A-block won.... (its a long list..plz do) - I so wanna talk about the Inter-block Cricket matches ( and the results of the only match which the much-touted "Sports Block => A Block played in) ... but then unlike Akil I won`t deviate from the topic ..
  6. We're were the only block who cheered fer you ppl....and still you say this to us :smile: - Oh yeah ?? We were present in full force n neither did we ask for ur "cheers" , but then ...can we help it if ur loyalties lie with us
  7. Regarding the tees, we believe in striking the iron when its hot...not when its still in the mine ! ;P .. Yeah yeah ... we`re so waiting to cast our eyes on the design (if there is any , that is ) ;)
  8. We'll still have the last laugh. ... Yeah , I know .... Laughter is the best policy .. Only when u don`t have anything to say or nothin to show (read : results )
  9. RMH = Russi Modi hostel....realise that Russi Mody is a guy! .. We aren`t an ungrateful race u know !! We know how to pay tributes , irrespective of his/her gender ... Ever heard of Memorials ??
  10. You still are'nt a block! :!: - Very True.. Glad u admit it !! U are just a "Block" of the Men`s residence .. we are a complete hostel !! Hope u won`t argue the fact that Blocks make up a Hostel ... Hostel >> Block
Here are the Winners !! (Vandana n Neha from RMH)

Whew.... Hope the "reply" suffices :D

Cheerio :)
Nah akil , missprint would rather swear by the razor-sharp tongued RMH residents rather then waste time commenting on tees when the block which "Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous" :D:D hasn`t yet sported its own block tee !! :D

And by the way folks , the most important thing that akil very conveniently forgot to mention was that "RMH Won Fullstop" and the RM Block were the runners-up. A clean swipe over the other so called 'Blocks'. Dis is just the beginning guys ... Come Maxinations , watch out for us ... Go RMH !!!

err....the rebuttal in points ....

1. This is'nt maxinations.
  2. No man's land is no women's land too....many of the species tend to stay around our block...so you win, we win
  3. "Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous" ....is my block...in the eyes of a RMH person who couldnt give a honest reply to the question posed and asked most other participants whether they were asking logical questions!
  4. Name the year when RMH won Maxinations...? (doesnt exist ...so don't bother looking )
  5. Look up the years where the A-block won.... (its a long list..plz do)
  6. We're were the only block who cheered fer you ppl....and still you say this to us :smile:
  7. Regarding the tees, we believe in striking the iron when its hot...not when its still in the mine ! ;P
  8. We'll still have the last laugh.
  9. RMH = Russi Modi hostel....realise that Russi Mody is a guy!
  10. You still are'nt a block! :!:
  • 2 Likes  
akil_turbo Says
Guess what just caught my attention....missprint's gonna kill me fer this but you go on and take a look at the comparable creatures on the two tees in the last photo in the previous post!

Nah akil , missprint would rather swear by the razor-sharp tongued RMH residents rather then waste time commenting on tees when the block which "Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous" :D:D hasn`t yet sported its own block tee !! :D

And by the way folks , the most important thing that akil very conveniently forgot to mention was that "RMH Won Fullstop" and the RM Block were the runners-up. A clean swipe over the other so called 'Blocks'. Dis is just the beginning guys ... Come Maxinations , watch out for us ... Go RMH !!!
  • 1 Like  

Guess what just caught my attention....missprint's gonna kill me fer this but you go on and take a look at the comparable creatures on the two tees in the last photo in the previous post!

Quite of few of the aspirants have been asking us what we've been up to these past few days.... just to imagine about what they would be doing next year once they get in...

Though i don't have much time to elaborate , Here's what happened this last weekend....

We had Grammy award nominee Sh.Salil V Bhatt performing on campus on his improvised instrument called the Mohan Veena which is a cross between a veena and a guitar!

Then we had "FullStop" ....a new initiative of IlluminatiX launched on campus.... FullStop is a interblock debate war which keeps the block rivalries alive...and brings out the razor sharp tongues that most around here possess .

Then we had the reincarnated version of our college band "Neat Xcuse" (formerly known as Ushma) performing for the entire college...They put out a "neat" mix of music across the genres...
You can see part of their performance at YouTube - Man who sold the world - Cover by NEAT XCUSE ( XIMB)

Finally the "evening" ended well into the night with a rocking JLT ...one of two which we had last week...leaving me weak, exhausted and still smiling after it all!:smile:

P.S Preparations for Maxinations have already showing in other ways...All blocks are releasing their Tees teasing the others for some action...the one i liked till now is the one from RMH..the girls hostel (though they aren't exactly a block even if they're counted as one...women empowerment you know:sly:)

• 2 Likes  
Hi there!
This Vinay from SDM IMD mysore.
I am searching for the student of XIMB-08 who has
been recently placed in "Research International".
Please pass on his or her id...
Even i have been placed with the same company and hardly i
find anyone placed with "Research international".

Thanks!

check ur PM!

Hi there!
This Vinay from SDM IMD mysore.
I am searching for the student of XIMB-08 who has
been recently placed in "Research International".
Please pass on his or her id...
Even i have been placed with the same company and hardly i
find anyone placed with "Research international".

Thanks!

Yup, we got back from our OBL a coupla weeks ago :bday:.Akil`s and Ragzz` section too , is back after their OBL... N yep our team won in the first batch ..Maverick69`s team tried hard though .. gee, was so much fun to see him trying hard to get back at us .. .. right now all dat comes to my mind is (in pachhis' lingo) "It was God-level ,dude" :sly:.. Gotta wait for the mid-terms to get over for me to write a post on this "God-level" experience...shall soon be uploading the pics too ...Watch out for it ..Signing off ..Gotta get back to studying Equity shares n preference shares now..

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

224 people follow this discussion.