Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Life @ tiss (straight from our hearts)

Hey folks , here you have a thread to cater to all your queries about the life at TISS as HRM & LR students . you can shoot a variety of queries like: 1\. The hostel accomodation availability and how to go about it. 2\. The lovely cam...

Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 38   
Not the right thread for asking queries:nono:. Kindly do not post any queries or comments on this thread as it is exclusively meant to share experiences of being in TISS

Your cousin is ill informed about the courses in TISS . we have 20+ courses in 6 schools (school of management being one of them)TISS(its a university) ranging from social work,disaster management, counselling etc...

the info ur cousin shared is with respect to "social entrepreunership" course and they are encouraged (infact TISS provided seed capital for some entrepreuners) to venture into entrepreunership and placements were done away with for that course

Coming to the HR course, its as similar as any other college (infact better with its unique USP of fieldwork concept) and we get summer placements in regular companies . FYI , I am doing my summers with Johnson & Johnson and my friends in other big MNCs ( HUL,Deutsche,Microsoft etc) which are no way the NGOs u are refering to

Hello!!!!

Apologies for posting wrong threads. And, thank you for providing with a wonderful answer. It's a big relief for me.

Enjoy your summers and have a great time. Best o Luck. Btw, a thread where I can post such comments will be of great help from the next time...
If every1 is taught to lead, who would follow?
Am in my last year of graduation, and eyeing on TISS since past 2 years. Will be applying through International Students category. Can i get more views about how tough is it for an international student to get into it? Any international students I contact with?

Also, I have a cousin in XLRI who saying that she heard TISS not giving placements for 2012-14 batch and all future batches, and instead will provide seed money to start up a new venture....blah blah.....they have got only NGO's for summer placements this year...... how much true is it?

Not the right thread for asking queries:nono:. Kindly do not post any queries or comments on this thread as it is exclusively meant to share experiences of being in TISS

Your cousin is ill informed about the courses in TISS . we have 20+ courses in 6 schools (school of management being one of them)TISS(its a university) ranging from social work,disaster management, counselling etc...

the info ur cousin shared is with respect to "social entrepreunership" course and they are encouraged (infact TISS provided seed capital for some entrepreuners) to venture into entrepreunership and placements were done away with for that course

Coming to the HR course, its as similar as any other college (infact better with its unique USP of fieldwork concept) and we get summer placements in regular companies . FYI , I am doing my summers with Johnson & Johnson and my friends in other big MNCs ( HUL,Deutsche,Microsoft etc) which are no way the NGOs u are refering to
  • 2 Likes  
Anvesh Chunduri MA ( HRM &LR ) Class of 2013 http://anveshchunduri.blogspot.in/ 

Am in my last year of graduation, and eyeing on TISS since past 2 years. Will be applying through International Students category. Can i get more views about how tough is it for an international student to get into it? Any international students I contact with?

Also, I have a cousin in XLRI who saying that she heard TISS not giving placements for 2012-14 batch and all future batches, and instead will provide seed money to start up a new venture....blah blah.....they have got only NGO's for summer placements this year...... how much true is it?

If every1 is taught to lead, who would follow?

Anyone from MASE?

How is the life of a MASE student?
What kind of work load is there?
Given that placements have been scrapped, what kind of pressures does one have to deal with?

MA Social Entrepreneurship 2012-14, TISS :D

Yesterday was one of the memorable days in TISS. The final results of the exam are declared and the next batch is gearing up to join the college. Congratulations to all the selected candidates and all the best to all wait list candidates.

It takes few days for the feeling of the result to sink in. You just can't believe that you made it. For some TISS fanatics like me, the result wont sink in even after an year. But when these kind of result declarations, test results happen, you will come to know the value of the place you stay. Else days will be like normal.

Once again, from the batch of 2011-13, my hearty welcome to the Junior Batch.

• 1 Like  

Today is the last day of first year though we are done with exams yesterday , we had a work shop which is a follow up of assesment centre happened at the begining of the semester .

we failed in getting our personal learning journal cancelled and hence supposed to submit it before we leave for our home towns:nono:

I have not yet submitted mine , forget submitting not yet started writing mine

It is the last day of entire SAI SADAN (the name of apartment in which i resides) members being together ..we had some serious, violent fun in the last one year

Rameez, amit, manoj, deepak and Hemanth , the members of sai sadan (most famous and active flat in comparsion to athur parks, nandanvans :P:)

Even though the end of second semester is most looked for , i am in a state of nirvana right now with no apparent happiness on leaving the campus for next 20 days ;)
we are so used to the routine in the last 4 months and never realised how the days passed by
most of the students started getting their projects and people have started flocking library to read the concepts

Today is one prominent day in the life @ TISS . Its important for more than one reason

It marks the end of first year for us and officially last day for our dear seniors ..

we had celebrated farewell party 2 days back ( in between the exams ) ..today for the first time we (batches of 2010-12 and 2011-13 ) wrote exam in the same class room at unearthly hours to write final exam ( 7pm to 9pm) ....its an occasion in itself where seniors paper has instruction some thing as follows " the answer should be written in 10 lines , exceeding the limit attracts negative marks" ...and we have an open book exam where in despite keeping the books open , we hardly had any thing to write in the papers

we had one more submission to do tomorow and then would be leaving for our places to be back in 20 days to join for summers .....

the interviews for 2012-14 batch had already started and its quite interesting to play the role what our seniors had played for us an year back

Time literally flies when u are in TISS..........

• 1 Like  
Why OREO biscuits are named so?

what are the number of billion value brands of P&G;?

etc etc,,,,,

these are just some of the questions of 10 rounds of QUIZ@TISS 6th edition held today in TISS by our alumnus Vijayan (1984 batch) and Arun (2007 batch).

its an intense fight all through out but with happy endings as quiz masters are generous in giving prizes to all the teams

our team of MAS (Manick, Anvesh,Shruti) came 3rd in the quizzing which tested every thing from operations, business, HR , general knowledge , movies etc etc...

one event which all the future batches should definetely look forward to

My team won!

P.S. Posting on PG after years! :cheers:
  • 5 Likes  

the famed Mulla's exam is on friday which keeps me and most of my classmates awake from the last couple of days ..the icing on cake is that we also have employee resourcing project submission on friday which i have not yet started analysing ...

hopefully i survive this week ..........

I did survive the week but bruised a lot :banghead:

4 days (and nights of course) of studying comp & ben had gone down the drain as mulla bowled over with his paper ..

the fun part is that we spent 3-4 days for 25 marks of Mulla's exam and then did analysis of 35 % weightage carryinng ER assignment in the next 5 hrs to send just at the nick of the moment

But as the old saying says : once it rains, it floods ..

we have 1 viva , 2 submissions, 1 presentation,1 final exam all with in the next 3 days and not to forget they are damn tough

but today evening lot of time was spent on deciding whether to participate in a case study competition (final winner would be going to PARIS) whose dead line is 1st march....that 's all for Life @ TISS now and i would get back to work on my presentation of Performance management before studying readings for OB class
  • 2 Likes  

Why OREO biscuits are named so?

what are the number of billion value brands of P&G;?

etc etc,,,,,

these are just some of the questions of 10 rounds of QUIZ@TISS 6th edition held today in TISS by our alumnus Vijayan (1984 batch) and Arun (2007 batch).

its an intense fight all through out but with happy endings as quiz masters are generous in giving prizes to all the teams

our team of MAS (Manick, Anvesh,Shruti) came 3rd in the quizzing which tested every thing from operations, business, HR , general knowledge , movies etc etc...

one event which all the future batches should definetely look forward to

• 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

304 people follow this discussion.