Life @ tiss (straight from our hearts)

Hey folks , here you have a thread to cater to all your queries about the life at TISS as HRM & LR students . you can shoot a variety of queries like: 1\. The hostel accomodation availability and how to go about it. 2\. The lovely cam...

Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 25   

nice to know about the thread but since you'll have already experienced the biggest challenge of appearing for TISS can anyone suggest some tips while preparing for it... we have almost 3 weeks left..so anything in particular that we need to keep in mind.. your experience counts...so would be really grateful for some advice...

do u have engineers in ur batch???.....

Converts : NMIMS(core), IIFT-D ll Rejects : SP Jain, XLRI
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

Hi,
sorry for breaking in..:)
i just want to know a couple of thing..
Firstly, If i apply for a mphil program, when will i get to know if i am selected? i mean when will be the final list be out, which month precisely?

Secondly, like it is mentioned in the official webside, only people who have a Mphil or teaching experience are eligible to apply for Phd? i mean we cant apply immediately after PG?

i need these info desperately pls help!

thanks.

We had Assessment Centre conducted for our batch today in which 16 people(divided into 4 teams of 4 each) participated . As part of one of the exercise we are supposed to come up with a plan to conduct team building exercises.

Scenario:
A Manufacturing firm contains 20 design engineers who are highly talented but have issues working together as a team. All Traditional HR team building workshops, outdoor team building activities failed . It is of utmost importance to the organization to imbibe team spirit in these individuals and hence the responsibility is given to us. The following is what was the result of our imaginative prowess and more so of one of our team mate(of 4 team members)

As the discussion progressed , this friend of ours , lets call him X(he would kill me , if I write his name ) came out with a wonderful idea of creating a crisis as done in the film Chakde(where all the girls fight together in ice cream parlour and thus forms team bonding) and use the same funda here ..Now we started mulling over how to create a crisis

Now we have one other very very smart banda in our team , whom we will call MCP(as he prefers calling, and you would agree a few moments later) gave a wonderful idea of locking all the designers in the warehouse of the factory and creating a fire with cardboards and stuff ..(Yup..his ideas are a bit on the extreme side, and employees of his future organization..BEWARE)Finally after some more thought process we decided using just smoke bombs and explosions outside the warehouse (locking the designers still remain the same) . One addition we have done is to introduce 2-3 firefighters and also 3 of us ( the only girl of our group opted out to take part in action, Girls are much smarter than guys :P)would be made part of designer group as new joinees and the entire drama in warehouse starts out with our supposed induction program

Well..seems my narration is very confusing even to me ..so before breaking down it into sequence of steps lets go back and justify why one of our team mate is MCP..when it is announced the designers are 20, he started discussion by saying lets assume all 20 are men (ofcourse on the protest of girl he gave way for diversity by mentioning 10 guys and 10 ladies [the biggest mistake , which u would realize later])

Now the sequence of steps are as follows:
(1)Get the designers to warehouse on the pretext of induction of 6 people into designing team( they do not have any hint of training program , as they had attended many similar programs earlier with no result)
(2)Once every one is in ,a crisis would be created with doors getting locked, power off, smoke bombs at areas of warehouse and explosion outside warehouse (dont blame that Budding HR managers are getting spoiled by movies )
(3)Now our firefighters get into action and creates panic around and at the same time ordering groups of people to perform tasks like breaking ventilators,helping one another to escape through ventilators
Our objective is that Life changing moments change people and they would more appreciate the team work and jell well as a team with those who saved their lives

We made a presentation to the external observers and to the participants and every thing going so well, when all of a sudden our X gave wings to his creative talents (By the way , he is much better than RGV  )

So the Following presentation is given full credit to X:
Now 10 are women and 10 are men , and as women cant climb the ventilators on their won , they take the help of men and in the process we have teams of 2 developed :P

We had a lot of fun as we started with forming teams and finally ended up presenting an idea of forming Cupids in the team
Overall its fun filled session which culminated with group dinner at AISWARYA which was 50% sponsored by Satish Shukla
Would remain as one of the cherishable days of semester 2

• 8 Likes  
Anvesh Chunduri MA ( HRM &LR ) Class of 2013 http://anvesh87.blogspot.in/

Good to be back to Mumbai and real excited to face sem2

though the mails from faculty forecasts a scary semester 2..we are geared to take it

seems the first one week is kind of relaxed, but its just deceptive as experienced from semester 1

lots of activities lined up this semester and ofcourse parties too with the first party (Summers thanks giving party) coming soon

• 3 Likes  

Though I am left with another 5days of vacation, I am eagerly waiting to go back to campus. I really miss late night discussions at DM canteen, Group Assignments, Bakhars at Sai Sadan, Platinum Jubilee Celebrations, Alumni Night preparations... and the list goes on.

From what we heard from seniors, this semester is going to be really hectic with all the HR faculty taking classes . We came to know how the next 4-5months going to be through some sample mails from faculty during vacation

• 1 Like  
Today, on occasion of Teachers' day, we have prepared Greeting cards for all the faculty at TISS and have kept inside their rooms by today morning. We have worked yesterday from 7pm to 12:30am and it was totally fun. These occasions are the best ones to mingle with students from other courses. Complete activity is organized by TISS Students union. Kudos to them for planning these kind of activities.

On the other note, packed schedules have started in HRM&LR; course :shocked: Tough times are ahead...

wow that's really nice....!!! reminds me of my school days I like TISS

wow that's really nice....!!! reminds me of my school days I like TISS

ritwika07 Says
Hi guys, TISS aspirant for the 2012-2014 batch, have been following this thread for a long time. You mentioned about the TISS's 75th year celebrations.. Do post more about it. Is Manthan happening this year or is it merged with the Golden Jubilee celebrations?

Apprciate ur interest in TISS..but please do not post qns in this thread, what ever it might be

we would post more abt 75 year celebrations as the events unfold..

The entire college is going over a make over and preparing itself for the event

Manthan is happening this year , but not under the brand manthan

since we are having Resonance (Platinum jubilee celebrations) we will not be conducting school level events seperately ...

so the events of Manthan would be conducted but for this year they would be done under the brand name of Resonance

coming to life at TISS:

Its been one heluva ride in the last 4 months culminating with summer internships...
would be missing the TISS life for the next 15 days

with the prospects of facing Mulla and his faced Compensation subject , life is gonna be more interesting in the coming days
  • 5 Likes  
Back to PG, after many days. As Anchun has mentioned the last 3weeks have been THE hectic days at TISS. The first semester has completed with a happy note and people have rushed/rushing back to their home towns.

The complete semester is one hell of a ride and none could digest the fact that we have completed one semester so fast. The vacation was the much awaited one for all of us. Also TISS Platinum Jubilee celebrations have also started. December mid is going to be full of Buzz in the campus with lot of happening.

Hi guys, TISS aspirant for the 2012-2014 batch, have been following this thread for a long time. You mentioned about the TISS's 75th year celebrations.. Do post more about it. Is Manthan happening this year or is it merged with the Golden Jubilee celebrations?

Back to PG, after many days. As Anchun has mentioned the last 3weeks have been THE hectic days at TISS. The first semester has completed with a happy note and people have rushed/rushing back to their home towns.

The complete semester is one hell of a ride and none could digest the fact that we have completed one semester so fast. The vacation was the much awaited one for all of us. Also TISS Platinum Jubilee celebrations have also started. December mid is going to be full of Buzz in the campus with lot of happening.

Finally the first semester ended on a happy note with the summer placement

summer internship process is some thing which would be remembered for alon time to come

its a life time experience

the support and hardwork put by seniors made the bonding much stronger between both the batches

its only few more hours of time that the TISS 2011-13 batch is going to be completely placed

then the party begins:drinking::drinking::drinking::clap:

• 3 Likes  

The last one month and precisely the last 15 days are the most hectic days in TISS so far

writing 8 back to back exams and attending summer PPTS even during exams (one PPT was an hour before the exam)
and filling N number of forms which runs into pages and easily take 3-4 hours to fill (i am damn slow in filling forms )..
the ecstacy of getting a shortlisting from dream companies only to realise u have been dumped in other dream company of urs.....freshers fretting over the choice of few companies on giving shortlists to only work ex folks ..and work ex guys cursing themselves of lost opportunities due to their work ex.....guys sharing camaraderie and abusing those companies who are heavily biased towards fairer sex and whose shortlists are full of them...

adrenaline running high ..also the mounting pressures..the batch of 2011-13 is ready to face the crucial days of management study..THE SUMMERS

and we would rock it for sure

• 3 Likes  

hey i wntd to prepare for tiss..
can u plz help me how to crach tiss....

life at tiss is much more than just placements..its like exploring urself( also the beautiful nature around u:-o) and then doing stuff which u have never done before but always wanted to do...and a lot more...

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

261 people follow this discussion.
Events in TISS Mumbai