Life @ tiss (straight from our hearts)

Hey folks , here you have a thread to cater to all your queries about the life at TISS as HRM & LR students . you can shoot a variety of queries like: 1\. The hostel accomodation availability and how to go about it. 2\. The lovely cam...

Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 3 of 25   
Today is another one of those memorable days which will be remembered by the batches of 2011-13 and 2012-14 for a long time to come. The so called ICE has been broken and mentors have been allocated to the Junior batch. This time, we did use little technology (if at all you call MS Power point a technology). It was lot of fun for the senior batch.

Waiting to hear comments from the junior batch, yet :)

I was about to post our reactions to the mentor--men-tee allocation Hemanth

Really appreciate the innovative way in which your batch did it :clap:
It was fun for our batch too
Will try to do something on similar lines for our juniors
  • 1 Like  
Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai

Today is another one of those memorable days which will be remembered by the batches of 2011-13 and 2012-14 for a long time to come. The so called ICE has been broken and mentors have been allocated to the Junior batch. This time, we did use little technology (if at all you call MS Power point a technology). It was lot of fun for the senior batch.

Waiting to hear comments from the junior batch, yet

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Starting 19th June, we have had a series of guest lectures as part of our CHRO talk series...

So far, we have had 10 guest lectures...Almost all the guest lecturers were at the ranks of Director and Vice-President

It's one of those things at TISS that make you feel great...Normally, these people might not address meetings where the audience is below managerial level...And we, who are taking our baby-steps in the world of HR, are being addressed by them...Their insights and their perspectives add to one's repertoire of knowledge big time...It's a privilege to say the least :)

I am told that a few more are in the pipeline
BLISSed at TISS

• 2 Likes  

Phew!!! It's been a long week and to add to it we have sessions from 9 AM to 7 PM tomorrow
But the silver lining is we have a holiday this sunday
Don't be surprised...Having a holiday is something to cherish at TISS

We were allotted our respective field-work organizations today...Even after a long session today, we were excited about it and were cheering as names of students and his/her organization were announced :grin:

I got Glenmark Pharma It's in Andheri-East...Have to travel during rush hours
Mera to ho gaya

Really excited about this...Field-work is something that is unique to TISS...Have heard a lot about it from seniors and the faculty...Going to experience it first-hand now...As one of our guest lecturers put it :

You get to be Krishna (the thinker) at TISS and you get to be Arjuna (the doer) in field-work...It's the combination of both that completes you

• 5 Likes  

It's slightly off-topic but I feel it's relevant to post this here

I have started a thread for dedicated discussions between students and alumni of HR programs :)

Here's the link :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/students-and-alumni-of-hr-courses-discussions-and-sharing-25083341/3575487

I request all the students/alumni to contribute

• 1 Like  

It's just now that I realized that it's been a week at this awesome place

Yesterday, I reached the campus at 7-30 AM and went back home at 11-00 PM

Seniors treated us with a dinner meal yesterday

And today, I came at 10-00 AM and went back at 3-00 PM and then

We have elected our CR and TISS is gearing up for the welcome party by TISS Camparts
It was raining heavily during the first 1-2 days but now, it's been a while that we have been inundated

So guess we will have to wait for some more time for "MeghMudra"

That's about it for now...I never seem to feel that I have slept enough :biggrin:

• 1 Like  

Also, the DH food is quite good (particularly the breakfast)

over a period of time , this statement changes to " Only breakfast is good"

keep up the good work and keep writing .
  • 1 Like  
Anvesh Chunduri MA ( HRM &LR ) Class of 2013 http://anvesh87.blogspot.in/

Congratulations Hemanth Sir

Yes, we all are EXTREMELY EXCITED to be here...It's much more than what I had ever thought of...No words to describe the feeling :)

We had a 3-day orientation which concluded with a talent show...Awesome performance by seniors

Today was our first day in our respective schools...We were divided in groups of 20 and then we were off to industry visit...The respect and the admiration for TISS was very visible there...Never felt so much honoured in my life :)

The diversity at this place is AWESOME...We have people from probably all possible sorts of backgrounds, regions, cultures, states and what not...And we all are TISSians here...Superb feeling

And yes, it has started raining in Mumbai and the campus looks pristine in rains

Also, the DH food is quite good (particularly the breakfast)

Life at campus is back. Yes, the new academic year is started with full of colors all around the campus. Junior bunch seems quite excited about joining.

Coming to my course specific details, people are worried about the composition of the junior batch. It's heavily focused on male-engg-it work ex people. Me, being one of them, not liking that domination. Have to see what in store for us.

My batch mates are coming back from their Summer internships and everyone has lot of stories to tell and share. The legend of the course at TISS is experienced to a greater extent at the companies. The way they respect you, the way they give time in their busy schedules etc will just blow your mind away. The respect for the college and course increases by leaps and bounds. Its that part of time, everyone feels like true HR professional.

To just sum it up, we are SENIORS now

• 3 Likes  
1. When will tiss send us info on what time to reach tiss on 15th June 2012?
2. What will be out first week/month etc like?
3. What is the dress code for first day and dress code in general?
4. Will we get any email/letter welcoming students to TISS?

1) The session will commence from 9 AM...Reach accordingly...They won't send any e-mail/letter
2) Would be like the next 2 years-->lots of learning and lots of fun
3) Not very sure but I guess there is no dress code at TISS...Still, seniors might be in the best position to answer this

4) I don't think so
sbharadwaj Says
I'm CAT '12 aspirant. Wanna know how admission process takes place for TISS. And approx cut offs ( section-wise and overall) needed to get into. Plz help Puys :)

It has been said umpteen times-->Please do not post general/admission related queries here :nono: :sneaky:

This thread is for discussions on Life at TISS...Please post your queries on relevant thread

I'm CAT '12 aspirant. Wanna know how admission process takes place for TISS. And approx cut offs ( section-wise and overall) needed to get into. Plz help Puys

CAT '11, '12 Flop | CAT '13 97.11 | Calls : New IIMs, IIT Kgp, Kanpur, Madras and Roorkee | Converts : IIM Raipur, Kashipur, Udaipur, IIT Kanpur, Madras and Roorkee | Waitlisted : IIM Trichy,Rohtak and IIT Kgp

1. When will tiss send us info on what time to reach tiss on 15th June 2012?
2. What will be out first week/month etc like?
3. What is the dress code for first day and dress code in general?
4. Will we get any email/letter welcoming students to TISS?

MA Social Entrepreneurship 2012-14, TISS :D

i am so happy 2 get selected into one of da best institute in India.. now wat worries me is da life i m gonna have in tiss for the next 2 years. when i came for the GD/PI i was'nt really happy with the atmosphere der...most of dem wer busy wid themselves..hardly very few wer talking..and dat too very formally..dis left me very sad..and a whole lot of dem seemed too Hi-Fi....coming from prestigious colleges ..now i come from a simple college/place and i am worried whthr will i b able 2 adjust with da life der....can da seniors tell me more about da kinda students who come der...and da life der plz??

• 1 Like  
Well, well, well...Finally, the time has come :w00t:

Had lunch in the dining hall and loved it (well, at least for now

Game on

Good to see life in this thread once again . Expecting more posts once the sessions begin:p

Hope u would enjoy the DH food for more than few days

we always have a competition to decide what is the vegetable that they cooked for lunch , and most of the times we come out with as many answers as the no. of people;)

Breakfast obviously is the best part , but it depends on how much time u can squeeze out of the blissful sleep for breakfast
  • 1 Like  
Anvesh Chunduri MA ( HRM &LR ) Class of 2013 http://anvesh87.blogspot.in/

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

243 people follow this discussion.