Life @ TAPMI.....

'This thread was started with different intention but now this thread is for experience of Life @ TAPMI by current TAPMIans and alumni. It is a repository, where student from TAPMI can share their experience, and prospective student can read it an...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 14 of 20   

Oh ho ho..... forgot to mention...... for the TAPMIans to be and people other than TAPMIan, Dr. Saji Gopinath, a distinguished professor from IIM-K, joined TAPMI family as Director. :clap: Hope we people will stand upto his expectations. What say ppl??????????????????????????

Congratulations to team OMEGA for organizing the event to felicitate the SME entrepreneur at TAPMI greens. Oh ho ho :o!!!! Forgot to mention..... Our new director made it a point to address the first year students
Then what else, life moves on :|.... only one day is left for me to relax before attending the five sessions on monday.... so cya.....

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

TAPMI played to host to alumnus and Head of SME, TATA Capital Mr. Anibaran Ganguly last week for a guest lecture on Corporate Finace.

Spread over 2.5 hours, Anirban took students of PGP I and II throught the intricacies of Corporate Finance and shared with us his experiences in the industry spread over the past 10 years.

An enjoyable lecture which has been archived in A/V mode for further reference, a must watch especially for all those like the undersigned who have minimum financial knowledge.

This is kind of a general query to the tapmians! How do you commute between the college and the city? I asked the security guard there , he told me just 2-3 buses run in that route!
Is it necessary to have a 2 wheeler? Not as a luxury, but as a necessity? I calso could not manage to find a single shop in the vicinity!( mean outside!) The locations is apt for a gurukul! And i liked the serenity of the hills! But how bout a hang-out den?

The first thing that came to my mind was , buy some land there and start a shop! And if i get admitted to TAPMI, partners welcome! :)

The thread you are looking for is:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/35293-tapmi-admissions-2009-shoot-your-82.html#post1474068

Try and use that for admission queries!

thanks misha....
ur suggestions did really clear some clouds...

Hi avishek_b,
We totally understand an aspirants inhibitions before joining any college.
Let me just provide you a bit of my personal perspective, if that can be of any use to you.
Well in our batch we have many people with IT experience which even ranges to 4-5 years, with onsite exp too. My personal IT exp is 2 years. They all made a calculated decision when leaving their stable jobs there and joining here, regarding the quality of college and what it can offer as value addition.
As for placements, the scenario everywhere, including the IIM's, has not been very shiny but considering the feedback from the contacts i have in many Mba colleges, the scenario here is much better than many reputed Mba colleges where more than 100 students even passed out without a job!
So i would suggest that there are other criterias to consider in these times than just placements.
Hope this helped you in some way.
Good Luck for Future

This is kind of a general query to the tapmians! How do you commute between the college and the city? I asked the security guard there , he told me just 2-3 buses run in that route!
Is it necessary to have a 2 wheeler? Not as a luxury, but as a necessity? I calso could not manage to find a single shop in the vicinity!( mean outside!) The locations is apt for a gurukul! And i liked the serenity of the hills! But how bout a hang-out den?

The first thing that came to my mind was , buy some land there and start a shop! And if i get admitted to TAPMI, partners welcome! :)

thanks raam...
frankly speaking i along with some of my friends are in a dilema...
we have 3 yrs of exp in reputed IT companies ....so finding it hard to decide
wheter to leave job and go for mba without any clear picture of placements...
(i have already decided against joining SP jain dubai..)..
hope u can understand .....
thanks a lot !

These quizzes are turning out to be nightmares for me as my journey goes along here. But looking at the one I had today, looks like things might turn out to be different after all. But more than Life@ TAPMI, I am excited about the next phase of my management education, the summer internship process. Me being a fresher adds all the more excitement to it. Hoping to have a good learning experience there.

And Ram, I had noticed that article on UTVi: Online Business News of Indian Stock Market, Financial News, World business News, Live stock market , Top share, Financial news, headline news at UTVi.com! Way to go for us

Im hitting the sack for a while now after having a full nighter yesterday.

Cheerio!

Hi ALL,

Do you know? In the league of non-IIMs, TAPMI is rated the #1 B-school to pursue PGDM in south india. :clap:

UTVi - Cracking Careers

Proud to be a TAPMIan

Hi Puys,
Please find the link below of an article regarding the recent visit of Mr. Harinder Sikka, Director-Corporate Affairs (Nicholas Piramal)...

PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2008, GMAT, XAT, IIM - B-School News - Director of Nicholas Piramal speaks at TAPMI on Personal Marketing

Finally Operations Management quiz is over :clap:..... As usual I could not complete the paper within the stipulated time .... Now getting ready for the hectic week ahead..... You know, I started noting down what are all the things due on next week..... Oh ho ho :wow:..... This list is very long ..... Waiting for the things to get over and eagerly waiting for the hot summer ahead

hi seniors...
how are the placements this year...we were not given any figures during our
GD/PI ....de proffessor just told it was not gud compared to last year...
couldnt find the right thread so posting it here...

Hi dude,
Official figures will be out in sometime. Until then, be patient and moreover don't worry too much about the placement figures at least during the time something like this. Just worry about the reputation of college among the corporates.

hi seniors...
how are the placements this year...we were not given any figures during our
GD/PI ....de proffessor just told it was not gud compared to last year...
couldnt find the right thread so posting it here...

Very right Maneesh !!
The weak is actually a deadly action packed stuff. The only thing i can look forward to is to end it with a nice movi at the very own Tapmi green - Open air threatre by AAF. Just waiting for the poll mail to come and i will be more than happy to even vote for a french movi seeing our current week and not to forget the icing on the cake the special five lecture days

Waiting eagerly to become a 50% engineer the day is not that far now !!! Enjoy maadi...

Cheers

Oh the 3:15 Am effects..i correct myself ...50% MBA now !!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

129 people follow this discussion.