About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@crack_d_cat

Tags

Life @ DMS, IIT Delhi

Hey there fellow DMS junta... I know after our busy schedules of work n fun, we dont really get time to jot down our collective thoughts, but a thread like this can act as a good start to talk about life @ DMS and will also serve another purp...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 10   
Lagta hai ek cricket match rakhwana padega dono bhaiyon me... dekhte hain kaun jeetta hai ...
tumhare paas dravid ( alias shubham) to hamare paas kallis ( nagar), tumhare paas waqar ( haaris) to hamare paas akhtar ( gangwar) .... :clap::clap::clap:

Arey Sajal ko mat bhulo... Sajal hamara Nayan Mongia hai!!! Waise Himadri ka tagda support toh dono khemo ke paas hai...

Bhai log kya kehte ho, apne apne gharo se waapas aakar ek Holi ka mini program rakha jaye??!

Lagta hai ek cricket match rakhwana padega dono bhaiyon me... dekhte hain kaun jeetta hai ...
tumhare paas dravid ( alias shubham) to hamare paas kallis ( nagar), tumhare paas waqar ( haaris) to hamare paas akhtar ( gangwar) .... :clap::clap::clap:

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More
he he

@nishant: bhai yeh ek faayda hai .. harek ke paas LAN na hone ka... roz nitesh ke room me panchayat lagti hai tumhari... :cheers:

But bhai, i still prefer Jwala...
Girnar: aaj mere paas nayee building hai, bade rooms hai, marble flooring hai... tumhare paas kya hai ???
Jwala: mere paas.... LAN hai.... har room me... :clap::clap:

@ Mayank - Bhai Girnar v/s Jwala ka war endless hai...
But one point beats all. Aapke paas virtual connectivity hai. But aadha girnar SB-15 me rehta hai. Toh no problem of connectivity
All being said: Jwala-Girnar bhai bhai...

he he

@nishant: bhai yeh ek faayda hai .. harek ke paas LAN na hone ka... roz nitesh ke room me panchayat lagti hai tumhari... :cheers:

But bhai, i still prefer Jwala...
Girnar: aaj mere paas nayee building hai, bade rooms hai, marble flooring hai... tumhare paas kya hai ???
Jwala: mere paas.... LAN hai.... har room me... :clap::clap:

• 3 Likes  

Bakar @ DMS (from 11 pm to 1 am) (on a regular night),

11 pm

Sajal: Yaar Last Man Standing ki video banani hai. Tujhe VG sir ki acting karni hai.

Manu: Dude, script change karo... nahi chalega. HC ki karni ho toh utha dena. Abhi hangover hai. :cheers:

Sajal: Abey kal ka assignment toh kar le. Fir so jaana.

Manu: Shit be!!! Ab kaise hoga... Mere team me kaun hai?? :banghead:

Sajal: Aadya, Nishant aur Haaris!!!

Manu: Haan fir thik hai, soe jaata hu!!!

11:30pm (@ SB-15)

Nitesh: Sushil ka assignment hai, IIC ke liye speakers bulane hai, BNP ka case solve karna hai, profile sheet tayyar karni hai, :banghead::banghead:

Shubham: Arey yaar, yeh sabko depress kar rahaa hai...

Nishant: Yaar Nitesh, mujhe mediacom ka thora kaam hai... Sushil ka tu hi sambhal le.... :

Nitesh: Aaaaaarrrghhhhhhhh :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Haaris: Yaar, Nishant tujhe naa media com me yeh karna chahiye (30 minutes lecture and powerpoint presentation:wow::wow:), yaar shubham placecom me naa yeh karna chahiye (28 minutes lecture followed by interactive tools and presentation). Followed by a 2000 word e-mail (Minutes of Meeting) - (more like - hours of meeting).

12:30 am

Sajal: (kicks manu) abey uth, aadhe ghante me internet chala jayega.

Manu: Kaun, Kaun??? :shock::shock::shock: Shit be!!!

Nishant: Nitesh :X Kya kar rahaa hai, tera network hil gayaa. Internet gayaa. Kisi kaam ka nahi hai.

Sajal: Tabhi mai kehta hu isko network mat banane do, ek toh 4 logo ka jagah leta hai us par bhi chai nahi hai.

(The fight between Sajal and Nitesh lasts and their arguments last an average of 3 to 4 hours)

Shubham: Arey suno, Pandey aa rahaa hai!!!

Nishant, Sajal, Haaris - KYA??? Pandey aa rahaa hai!!!

Nitesh - Ab toh ho gayaa kaam... :(:(:( Bhai log ab toh different mehfil jamegi...

12:59am

Haaris: Bhai log internet jaane waala hai!!!

Nitesh: Jaldi case submit kar, yaa aadya ko bol woh karegi

Nishant: Part 2 pura baaki hai, abhi kahaa se submit kar du... Aur Aadya akeli kitna karegi... Aalsi s**l*...

Haaris: Yaar mere bag me interenet dongle hai ::|::

All: Acha!!! NETWORK BANAA, NETWORK!!!

• 1 Like  

Salona Chandna from the Batch of 2013 says

"Step into a new world, the field is wide open,
The perfect blend of knowledge and fun, seamlessly interwoven,
Work ain't an obligation, ain't a burden, not anymore,
A channel for the passion, the desire to be more...

At every breath new learning, a surprise round each corner,
A treasure hunt to find your true self, n you're getting warmer & warmer,
The power lies within you, keep faith.. endure,
The cheers are getting louder, move on, be more...

The myriad shades to people, experience each one up close,
Find the strength, take things in your stride, both joys & woes,
Discover the inner diamond, so precious yet so pure,
Answer your true calling in life, take lead, be more...

DMS - BE HERE, BE MORE..."

• 1 Like  

Ayshwar from the Batch of 2013 says

"1. A temple of unexplored opportunities, u shall experience osumness!
2. m loving it..y isn't PG for 4 years instead o grads :D
3. Brilliant faculty, out o the world infra, superb mates & their
innumerable initiatives..couldn't hav askd 4 more!"

Phew! Sigh! These two words have been always on the tip of my tongue since the day I came into the department. DMS has kept me on toes, from day one. Right from the word go, the seniors made sure that we learnt something before we actually faced the real music when the classes started. Induction was fun, thrilling probably like Inception when we had assignments in assignments in assignments. Profs made it sure that we didn't have gala time in classes either. Deadlines and assignments were our sidekicks! At the end of the day I thought I didn't do anything substantial but I realise it now it grew into me, the knack of being a manager, the rhythm of staying tuned with the happenings in Economic Times and fighting the way out in different competitions. I keep learning, every second, I enjoy every millisecond of it and every microsecond gives me the sprint of my life. Its a run, a dash and it is fun to run along with the 51 others relaying the baton which the 98 seniors gave us. It has been a thrilling ride, and I am sure that every next turn is steeper than the previous one, on this rollercoaster called DMS.

We party, we work, we work hard and then we party harder.

To all the other souls of the department, here's to you the horns
\m/

Cheers

Pranav Baj
MBA FT, batch of 2013

• 2 Likes  

Quotes from the current batch:

Vadivel from the Batch of 2013 says "Who said opportunity never knocks your door twice? Come to DMS and your door will be banged with opportunities round the clock.

In DMS, Ways are shown, Doors are opened and Ladders provided. With Highly experienced staff guiding your way, cooperative seniors opening the doors of opportunities and with astounding peers competing and acting as ladders, You will be made highly competitive and prepared to face the outside world with lot of confidence".

• 2 Likes  

There's always been a lot of buzz around ERP and the value it brings to businesses. But what exactly is ERP? How does it benefit businesses, particularly small and medium size organizations? to continue reading please visit Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi

Education is not only the driving force for a leader to move ahead in life but also the motivation to take an occasional pause and reflect back, connect with ones alma mater and share the richness of ones journey. The Annual Alumni Meet of the Delhi Chapter of DMS, IIT Delhi proved to be that pause. for more plz visit Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi

Someone has rightly said that, every great idea needs its champion! As we shape the change and find our path for the next two decades, we also search for that all-important ingredient at the top leadership.
for more please check Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi: February 2011

The mission of post-graduate educational institutions, business schools included, is to impart cutting-edge knowledge. This knowledge is generated through research. But what really constitutes research in a business school? for more go to Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi: February 2011

A very nice and informative article on DMS, IIT Delhi. The article highlights various aspects of DMS like placements, infrastructure, mba programmes, etc.

HT Horizon

• 1 Like  

On 26th November we had Mr. Punit Malik, Managing Director (Capital Finance) from Yes Bank to share his views about PPP in India, particularly in infrastructure domain. The guest lecture, one of the many held on campus as a part of the Idea Series focused on various aspects of PPP in the infrastructure sector with dedicated focus on the multiple financial vehicles and tools that are employed in the sector along with the role of banks in such projects. To read more.... click

For more info, kindly follow : DMS BLOG

• 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

58 people follow this discussion.