Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
XXXXX @sravans

Tags

Krannert Fall 2012 MBA Applicants

Hi, I havent seen any thread related to Krannert MBA admissions for fall 2012, Purdue University. So I start the new thread for the same. I am a prospective applicant and have submitted the application for Nov 1st deadline. I am awa...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 51   

Hi Guys,

I am glad to find your great forum. I am applying late to Krannert and have just completed my documentation and they should start now reviewing my file. I wanted to know how much time should I expect before every phase?
Meaning, if I am to be selected and accepted, how long would it take them to interview me? and how much time afterwards to provide me decision of admission?

Thanks,
Sameh

Yes, I'm also waitlisted.

nopes.. you are also waitlisted ???

Hi,

Did any of the waitlisted candidates receive an update on his/her application? Any idea when such candidates will receive an update?

Thanks,
Sudheer

Dear all I was reading that thread and it was really helpful. Can u ppl guide me on the MSF program at Krannert. I got to speak to a cople of MBA and one MSF student at Krannert and they said that MSF is like accelerated MBA finance. The curriculum is good, the faculty and the facilities seem fine but do you ppl think that international students can get jobs in the financial industry at the US after the MSF?
I am currently holding offers from both krannert and Simon. I was inclined towards simon but simon is significantly more expensive. Please guide me. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am short on time. Thank You all. Any info on Krannert MSF will be appreciated.
My stats
GPA 3.0
GMAT 680
Experience 1 year
Good on extra curricular

Hi,

The MSF program at Krannert is very good and surprisingly they do not expect you to know the basics in finance before you join the program. A regular 2 year MBA gives you the opportunity to explore other areas that you might have an interest in, but that is not the case with MSF.

Regarding job opportunities, international students will find it difficult regardless of the area of specialization.

My suggestion to you would be to reach out to the admission team at Krannert and ask them specific questions that you have. You can also request them to pass on the contact information of a current MSF student and you can talk to him/her.

~Bharath

Dear all I was reading that thread and it was really helpful. Can u ppl guide me on the MSF program at Krannert. I got to speak to a cople of MBA and one MSF student at Krannert and they said that MSF is like accelerated MBA finance. The curriculum is good, the faculty and the facilities seem fine but do you ppl think that international students can get jobs in the financial industry at the US after the MSF?
I am currently holding offers from both krannert and Simon. I was inclined towards simon but simon is significantly more expensive. Please guide me. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am short on time. Thank You all. Any info on Krannert MSF will be appreciated.
My stats
GPA 3.0
GMAT 680
Experience 1 year
Good on extra curricular

Hey Bharat

Why dont you invite people whom you might have met during the Krannert weekend to the FB page.

I was planning on doing that, but then i was told that there will be an official Facebook page for class of 2014 from the Krannert admission team.

~Bharath

Hey Bharat

Why dont you invite people whom you might have met during the Krannert weekend to the FB page.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people interested in sharing accommodation. I know for sure i am interested in sharing accommodation. You are right that offcampus is cheaper, but its also less convenient. Students stay in Rawls until 1 or 2 at night. If you're staying within a 5 minute walking distance, its easier to just go home and crash. Its a pain to walk for 15 minutes after you have had an 18 hour day(worse when its -10C outside).

But im sure you have a plan and i would love to hear what you have to say.

~Bharath

Hi Guys,

So did the new admits accept the offer from Krannert yet?

~Bharath

devonnet Says
I am not going the sell the car. I might need it for other errands too. But I would be glad if anyone is ready to share expenses

Satish -

you are right . Parking is big issue.

Parking - Krannert School of Management

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

62 people follow this discussion.