SHOW

Journal.. threads..split..feedback

Ok Folks, The ICFAI experience threads have been split. But there is a loss in certain discussions which have been going on in those threads. There were many of us who were not comfortable to reply to the single thread as it would have detracted f... Read More »
Haan yaar.. I too am waiting for some insight by Manu bhai... but he seems to be too busy ... C'mon Manu ... we're waiting for your experiences !
We are hiring: Sales, Tech, Design etc : www.pagalguy.com/careers/  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Hey Manu,

Good to see u back. We were speculating about ur whereabouts in the thread "bschoolers - get ur ranks here". U can go thru it

Ya, Subbu & I also think that a single thread is better. The thread will be started this evening.

How's life at IBS-B ? Write something yaar....
International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!
Make it a single thread guys, it wont make sense if someone who might be interested in ICFAI might want to read our reactions etc and sees several threads. Since all our avatars are ICFAI and only the branches differ, it doesnt really matter as long as anyone reading the posts knows who is posting from where!!

Manu
For journals can we do like this:
Lets say there is one thread for everyone (his/her journal) when you click on that thread you see his/her postings only, at the end of each posting there is link for replies (post and read) if you click on them you can go to a page where the posting is written on top and all the replies are given at the bottom , chronologically. The poster can reply to the replies on this page too.

Again this format is taken from livejournal.com For a better understanding you can visit that site and on the left hand menu there is a link of reading a random journal click that and you can see what I am talking about. (try reading more than one journal for better understanding)
Yup, good idea. lets abandon the old threads. Can they be locked, so that no one else can post in them , and their sanctity is preserved ?
oh yea.....looks like the splitting had a curtailing effect..... me too was wondering on which thread to post.....but anyways, since the topics dealt with initial xp at our institutes.....we cud probably start a new thread and go ahead with our regular discussions and leave these threads as they are....whatsay pg, manu, anirban??

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
Hey PG & Subbu, I renamed the original thread that I started . Hope u ppl dont mind.

Personally, I would have liked if the thread would have remained intact. This would have saved all from browsing 3 different thread to get the info. Also this would have saved the duplication that Subbu has mentioned.

Another drawback in this splitting is : what if the fellow by the id of Ruskin , who is in Subbu's centre wants a seperate thread of his own ? will we have 2 threads called my experience at IBS-H ? That will be real confusing.

So it would be better if we had a single thread for all IBS centres. It would have certainly facilitated the comparison of the centres by the uninitiated members.

I think we need to have a solid discussion on these matters before the journal/blog thing is started . This will bring about a sort of uniformity and user friendliness to the forum.
Oww... can't do that. We can split threads, but merging them back is not possible. Now you also have one more possibility.

Create a thread from scratch for yourself. Paste the relevant data from the right threads and continue it as your personal journal.

For everyone's discussion we'll do it on a different thread.
what i meant was......post the original thread with all replies intact and in their original places as three separate threads, with one allocated to each of us....and from now on, we cud continue on that......hth ..... damn,,,,, i am increasingly becoming non-coherent to a lotta ppl....mebbe i'll have to enrol myself in the soft-skills classes ....., ie, in case i've managed to royally #$@$% my english language test ....

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
LOL.. I didn't get what you just said.. I say go ahead and do it.. and make you know to undo it if something goes awry
hey this just struck me....since it is a matter of having three separate threads, without losing the continuity that existed, and, before ppl start asking any qns or replying to the specific posts, why don't we duplicate the thread in its entirety in all three places and then each of us will follow up with info specific to our college....that way it might be better....whatsay???

Cheers
Um.. Subbu.. I didn't keep that in mind when I ended up splicing the threads. But if 3 guys post in a single thread, there won't be much continuity ..

I guess this will be given more direction when the questions start flowing to the ICFAI folks where everyone can question issues based on the Journal Posts and all..

So let us wait for a little while... and hopefully we'll find some direction
hey pg....this sure sounds a nice idea m8.....but something i felt missing.....lemme c if can put that in words.....unlike most other b-schools, all the icfai schools have the same syllabi as well as common exams, and scores too are calculated on an all-india basis..... so in-effect what separates them is the infrastructure coupled with the faculty.......and if some talk doing the rounds here is to be believed, there's even talk of giving option to the top rankers of each batch at each center to decide where they 'd like to attend the placement interviews!!! and btw, me posting on that thread, or for that matter, manu or anirban too, i am sure wud feel that they are probably talking to themselves..... atleast, in the initital stages until ppl post some queries i guess...... :)

Cheers

ps: btw, pg....only the general mba pgm and mba-hr are at my center...the other branches like insurance, finance, banking, etc are at the other center.....
Ok Folks, The ICFAI experience threads have been split. But there is a loss in certain discussions which have been going on in those threads. There were many of us who were not comfortable to reply to the single thread as it would have detracted from the flow of the same.

Subbu : Feel free to rename your thread.
Manu : Let us know if you need your thread renamed to anything you wish.

I don't think its a good idea to reply to the 3 threads, rather a separate thread will be created where we can interact with the ICFAI guys and pester them with questions

Folks, let me know if you want certain posts deleted or edited which you feel don't go with the overall tone of your posts.

Sorry guys, I haven't informed you personally on these decisions. But in the long run I am sure this will be helpful to all future aspirants and even us

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

6 people follow this discussion.