ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.

'The admission process for the PGP class of 2014 will be open in the month of April 2012.' This thread is for all aspirants who want to be a part of ISB CO2014. Starting this thread on 16th Feb and it shall end on 15th Feb 2013 with the R2 ad...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 24 of 1391   
@sharp3 said:
Work Exp. - 2 yrs (as on July 2013). in one of the world's largest steelmakers' - design & engg. center as Executive, Looking after the various green/brown field projects. Mostly technical work till now, with some managerial works like helping/assisting the seniors in project management etc.
Managerial work sounds great. In your essays do share your team achievements, esp team building. Do also talk about how you managed a crises situation if any. Or how you brought significant impact on customer experience. You are in a B2B market, should not deter you from claiming on good customer experience focus.
@sharp3 said:
Co-curricular - President of College Photographic Society, Active member of other societies, fest organizing committees, current organization's newsletter editor and team lead.
Atleast one good story from your extra-curricular should go into your essay. Choose the best one.
@sharp3 said:
Also, what will be an ideal score in GMAT to get through ??
Aim for 700+, though 730+ should be a great advantage.
@sharp3 said:
Thanks in advance.
Always glad to help.
Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy Download Mobile App to avail free counseling from Alumni http://bit.ly/1zNtRLi 
@ak2000 said:
CFA level 3 cleared, Certified FRM, CAIIB exams clearedGMAT 780,
Great GMAT and acads.
@ak2000 said:
Extra curriculars : almost nil
You can and should do something about this.
@ak2000 said:
work experience:11 months as junior analyst in a mid sized equity research firm2 years of experience as a probationary officer in SBI18 months as a Deputy Manager in Treasury operations of SBI, Mumbai
Why 3 different jobs in 4 years, are they Interlinked? If not you need to have a logical coherent answer of this progression.
@ak2000 said:
I want to pursue PGP from ISB hyderabad.Considering my profile, do you think I stand a decent chance to gain admission?
No one can tell you your chances, but a profile evaluation can be done. Need to know more about your projects/assignments/achievements/promotions before I can comment further.
@ak2000 said:
Will my 10th standard marks affect my chances of getting selected?
No
Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy Download Mobile App to avail free counseling from Alumni http://bit.ly/1zNtRLi 
@mba-help : Hi Namitha, fellow CO'14 R1-R2 selectees,

I wanted to gain some insight into my way forward from now. I'l break things down into simple points.

-I applied to ISB PGP'14 this year, in R2 and was not shortlisted for interviews.
Briefly about my profile :
-Xth : 93%, XII - 84.4%
- Bachelor Of Engineering In Computer Sciences from DCE (72%).
- Workex of 3 years in software development in a Software (ERP domain) Biggie in Bangalore.
- Promoted to a senior role within 2 years, along with compensation incentives.
-Not much on the extracurricular front, apart from strong inclination towards hobbies such as : running, photography.
I wrote my 3 essays along these lines showing a strong desire for a technology consultant role post my MBA @ ISB - tried to justify the same.
I did, inadvertently make a couple of typos in my essays.

I wanted to know if i should re-apply this year in CO-2015, i really want to get into ISB? I am targeting R1,
My GMAT Score was low : 700. I am looking to improve upon this, but also want to make a strong case for my candidature.
I am keen on participating on extra currics in/outside office, can you give some ideas how can i improve upon my profile? I guess an on site US visit is tough in my team.

a)I just wanted to know how much will a good GMAT score factor in?
b)I am also interested in a niche'r domain now - Pharma Consulting, how can i link this to my IT background, would it be advisable to show any inclination in this domain- considering i havent yet started anything solid here.
Keeping in mind that ISB already has my career goal and other 2 essays from this year- which will be considered when i re-apply this year.

Thanks for reading all of this , hope to hear back soon :)
If you think, you can. 

Hello folks,

I am eyeing class 2014, I have a masters in computers from ASU, Arkansas, USA, and 3+ yrs of work exp in state Govt of Arkansas, USA in IT. I am just wondering a masters and 3+ yrs exp in USA would be and added advantage to me or it would be a matter of concern ( I quit my job and moved to India recently )for the selection committee and whats the GMAT score would get me in here?

10th ( AP Board) 75%
12th (AP Board) 85%
B.Tech ( JNTU ) 64%
Master's ( ASU. USA) 3.67/4

Work Exp: 3+ yrs with state Govt of Arkansas, USA.

Have some achieves xtra activities like worked as RA and took part in publishing a paper in international conference in Bioinformatics and some more.

Hope the esteemed alumni of ISB help me out with your valuable inputs

Thanks in advance and awaiting your replies,
Madhukar.

Morning Fellas!
Just wanted to know that with 75% in Xth, 70% in XIIth and 58% in B.Tech
And work experience of around 6 years should one apply!
(Or it is the waste of time and money)

FORE School of Management (2013-15) 
Hey Puys,
I am completely new to GMAT. I want go for GMAT and apply for ISB and Business Schools abroad. For preparation I was thinking of Joining ********, New Delhi. They will finish the course in 1.5 months. What I wanted to know was, whether in this period of 45 days, will I be able to get a score of 700+?

Hey puys,

need some help and guidance on what areas of my profile I need to work on and what are my chances for getting into ISB (the class of 2014) ... my profile :
10th - 89%, 12th - 88%, BE(Mech) - 6.61/10 (BIT Mesra)
Work Exp. - 2 yrs (as on July 2013). in one of the world's largest steelmakers' - design & engg. center as Executive, Looking after the various green/brown field projects. Mostly technical work till now, with some managerial works like helping/assisting the seniors in project management etc.
Co-curricular - President of College Photographic Society, Active member of other societies, fest organizing committees, current organization's newsletter editor and team lead.

Also, what will be an ideal score in GMAT to get through ??

Thanks in advance. :)
@ak2000 said:

Following is my profile:10th: 57.8%, 12th: 80.3%. BCom: 60.8%. Masters in finance: 7.9 cgpa on 10 scaleCFA level 3 cleared, Certified FRM, CAIIB exams clearedGMAT 780, Extra curriculars : almost nil work experience:11 months as junior analyst in a mid sized equity research firm2 years of experience as a probationary officer in SBI18 months as a Deputy Manager in Treasury operations of SBI, Mumbai
I want to pursue PGP from ISB hyderabad.Take heart- ISB does not ask for your 10th grades!
Anyways, you seem to have spiraled up since then, so the 10th exams are insignificant. Infact you deserve a pat for the excellent GMAT score.

Your chances of getting selected will depend more upon what you write in the rest of the application:
1. you well defined are your career goals? How do they fit in with what you have done so far?
2. Why is an MBA necessary to achieve your career goals?
3. Why is the ISB MBA necessary?
4. How has your career progression been? ( You seem quite on track there).
5. What are your key achievements?
6. what else is interesting about you other than your professional profile?

Getting these aspects nicely into the application is very important, and it is here that most applicants bungle up. So start thinking along these questions that I have posted.

Namita, MBA Decoder

@Vinpower87 said:
Hey Puys, Please Help me out here! I'm really confused about the right time to give GMAT?I would like to apply for ISB,Great lakes and Colleges abroad (kellogg,University of Arizona,NUS,NTU etc). Please suggest a right time to give the GMAT ( i was thinking Aug would be the ideal time with enough time fr preparation).

If you are planning to apply to ISB this year, then taking GMAT in August is late. Not that applicants don't take it then, but its not a good strategy.

Say, you do not score well (happens a lot of time with first time takers), you will not have the time for a retake. At that stage you should be focusing on writing good essays, not retaking GMAT, if you can help it.

Anyways, the scores are valid for 5 years, so whats the point of waiting until the last minute?

Being an Indian applicant, it is beneficial to get scores above the average GMAT scores posted by the b-schools for their incoming class intake. Look at the class profile details of all the b-schools you are interested in - you'll get a lot of idea about the class demographics.

Namita, MBA Decoder

Hey Puys,

Please Help me out here! I'm really confused about the right time to give GMAT?
I would like to apply for ISB,Great lakes and Colleges abroad (kellogg,University of Arizona,NUS,NTU etc). Please suggest a right time to give the GMAT ( i was thinking Aug would be the ideal time with enough time fr preparation).
My Acads are below:

Xth : 75%(CBSE)
XII : 80%(CBSE)
B.E(EEE) : 70%(Not so famous univ)
Work Exp : 3+ years in a Tier 1 IT Company
Currently leading a team of about 10 members.
ECA: Football (Zonal representation, Played for the current Company), NCC(National Level Certification(not many got the same frm my school), Currently involved in Animal Welfare organisation(decent level of participation).
Also, Kindly suggest the Score to get a call from the above mentioned Univ.

Thanks in Advance.
Vinodh.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

7825 people follow this discussion.