ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 510 of 726   
I would slightly disagree with you on this....Yes applications received earlier will most probably be reviewed first....But I have seen applicants who have submitted their apps in the nth hr on the last date, receiving calls much earlier... On a second thought, I feel that there might be a couple of reasons behind this
a) Application Submission date
b) Strength of the profile
c) Background of the candidate and the availability of relavant(Industry wise/function wise) interview panel
d) Location of the applicant

One of my friends is in ISB now and helping out the ad com with the admissions. She said the applications are divided in piles based on the background of the applicant. That is, all IT people would be together, Finance guys together etc. And then the applications are reviewed, and interview invites given. Hence, an IT guy and a Finance guy would have their applications reviewed at different times. Hence, even if the finance guy submits later, s/he can have her/his call earlier, based on the number of applicants.
topal Says
I have heard that there is no particular pattern. Interview calls depend on when your application gets reviewed. Like the interview panel, there are app review teams and they work independently of each other. So those apps which are reviewed earlier receive early calls.

I would slightly disagree with you on this....Yes applications received earlier will most probably be reviewed first....But I have seen applicants who have submitted their apps in the nth hr on the last date, receiving calls much earlier... On a second thought, I feel that there might be a couple of reasons behind this
a) Application Submission date
b) Strength of the profile
c) Background of the candidate and the availability of relavant(Industry wise/function wise) interview panel
d) Location of the applicant
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Hi...Had my interview in Delhi...When do these guys come out with the interview results ?

Grateful if somebody can answer this for me ?

Dude lets hope 4 d best :-)

The wait now seems to be too loooong but if we get the call, we ll hv to wait just for a week for the final results...

I dont know if waiting longer for the interview or final results is better.... Wht say PUYS????

Dude, waiting for the results will surely have you biting your nails in hope!

But, waiting for an interview invite, and not seeing one coming your way is disheartening and demotivating! I will live any number of days waiting for the decisions but this wait is killing!

But you bring good news! I hope we receive a call soon!

Cheers, DreeemMBA

Sent you a pm..

Hahahahaha - cheers mate!
I can very well understand what you guys are going through since i've been in the same place - twice!

Applied for class of 2009 - got dinged, made it in 2011 but then I had my interview on the first day and was eventually offered a seat when the last wait list was cleared so it was 5-6 months of biting my nails and being on the edge ;)

My intention was not to chide or ridicule anyone, it's just that I have seen the other side as well having served with the admission task force when I was a student there and trust me it's not an easy job going through a seemingly endless pile of applications. You might feel angry about not receiving a quick response but the inbox of every ad-com member (and many non members too!) is *flooded* with queries.

So my advice would be - unwind a little, you've tried your best, now leave the rest to the ad-com (and god) :D
intrepiido Says
Even we had such apprehensions last year. But let me clear this out....Last yr my interview was conducted during the last week......Of course I was rejected as I am here again...The personal feedback counseling session was quite encouraging...The counselor said that he was extremely impressed by my profile, essays and recos...Infact he asked me what went wrong with the interview....So the theory of calling 'MayBe' is not correct....I am sure ISB has a logic behind the pattern but they only knw that.....

I have heard that there is no particular pattern. Interview calls depend on when your application gets reviewed. Like the interview panel, there are app review teams and they work independently of each other. So those apps which are reviewed earlier receive early calls.
TheNomad Says
cheer up dude.....tum nahi samjoge...kuch kuch hota hai :-)

Hahahahaha - cheers mate!
I can very well understand what you guys are going through since i've been in the same place - twice!

Applied for class of 2009 - got dinged, made it in 2011 but then I had my interview on the first day and was eventually offered a seat when the last wait list was cleared so it was 5-6 months of biting my nails and being on the edge ;)

My intention was not to chide or ridicule anyone, it's just that I have seen the other side as well having served with the admission task force when I was a student there and trust me it's not an easy job going through a seemingly endless pile of applications. You might feel angry about not receiving a quick response but the inbox of every ad-com member (and many non members too!) is *flooded* with queries.

So my advice would be - unwind a little, you've tried your best, now leave the rest to the ad-com (and god)
So the Interview is the make or break or is it a part of the entire process..
Since they liked your profile ..did the numbers not add up or were the interviews the deal breaker

So let me put this in the right perspective....Interview is part of the application but it is an important part lets say top 3 imp factors for selecting a candidate.....Now in my case, i screwed up my interview big time last year...So adcom would have got doubts regarding the credibility...Had I done even OK at the interview, guess i would have been through..... In fact my counselor even said that ur interview performance was BELOW AVERAGE...

Infact thats a disadvantage of having a good diverse profile i guess as expectations would be very high specially if u r an entrepreneur...But I thought I would turnaround the situation, having worked on the interview skills and having applyied to other colleges as well (last yr I applied only To ISB)... BUt look at this I don't have a cal yet

The wait now seems to be too loooong but if we get the call, we ll hv to wait just for a week for the final results...

I dont know if waiting longer for the interview or final results is better.... Wht say PUYS????

Me too in the same boat...fingers crossed...lets hope for the best....not many days to go...
dreeemMBA Says
Dude, you bring a small ray of hope! :)

So the Interview is the make or break or is it a part of the entire process..
Since they liked your profile ..did the numbers not add up or were the interviews the deal breaker

intrepiido Says
Even we had such apprehensions last year. But let me clear this out....Last yr my interview was conducted during the last week......Of course I was rejected as I am here again...The personal feedback counseling session was quite encouraging...The counselor said that he was extremely impressed by my profile, essays and recos...Infact he asked me what went wrong with the interview....So the theory of calling 'MayBe' is not correct....I am sure ISB has a logic behind the pattern but they only knw that.....

Was yours panel number 1 ??

Guys,

I got interviewed today as well in Delhi; I think my experience was on the similar lines as all of you.

Stress + not the usual stuff and very particular q.s about the work profile.. somethings that I had never imagined, were asked in the interview...

Spontaneity beda paar karegi ya nahi, yeh toh waqt he batayega

In my panel, all 3 were alums and seemed young (
Cheers!
Hmmmmmm Says
Is the date of the interview call an indicator of how good ur chances are? are the "maybe" candidates called towards the end?

Is the date of the interview call an indicator of how good ur chances are? are the "maybe" candidates called towards the end?

intrepiido Says
I just called up ISB to enquire if any calls are pending for hyderabad region. The lady said that we can expect calls till 1st week of Nov. So, it would be safe to assume that calls would be sent out till 2nd - 3rd Nov..... This last minute suspense, drama has all the ingredients of a Blockbuster HINDI movie....Being a re-applicant who had received a interview call last yr, right at the fag end, helps in keeping it cool........BUT i can imagine the state of first time applicants wid no prior experience....All the best guys...

Dude, you bring a small ray of hope!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.