Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 510 of 1088   
So there seems to have been a lot of furor over 'status not being updated'. I want to share my experiences with you guys, hope that helps to calm your nerves

Business Schools have a lot of work to do. This cannot be overestimated. I know people from admissions committee in American schools and that is how it is, sometimes they spend nights reviewing applications. So 'changing status' does not have a deadline. They mention it as 2 weeks but trust me because of human involvement, this is just tentative.

I was in your shoes but now I can assure you that this reviewing happens on a random basis. Having gone through this process for multiple schools, I can tell you that the correlation coefficient (ha ha ha) between when you submitted/when your status changed/when you were invited for interview/when you are finally notified of the decision is zilch,0,nothing.
Some data points:

My friend submitted his application 3 weeks before the deadline - he was among the last people to be interviewed last year.
I submitted my application ON the deadline - I interviewed quite early in the process this year

I hope that implies you guys don't need to fret about your status changes

One more thing - Last time they mentioned that Kolkata/Delhi/Hyd invites will have specific dates - but I find it hard to believe..if you simply scroll through previous pages of this forum, you will find that those dates are also tentativepeople still got invites after the so called "delhi i/v deadlines" or "final dates for kol invites"

ATB!

Agree overall and especially with the last point. There have been quite a few instances of Delhi/Kolkata candidates being called to Hyderabad even after the interviews at the respective locations were over.. So keep the focus on the interview prep till you reach the last day of all interview calls being sent out..

All the best!
  • 1 Like  

So there seems to have been a lot of furor over 'status not being updated'. I want to share my experiences with you guys, hope that helps to calm your nerves

Business Schools have a lot of work to do. This cannot be overestimated. I know people from admissions committee in American schools and that is how it is, sometimes they spend nights reviewing applications. So 'changing status' does not have a deadline. They mention it as 2 weeks but trust me because of human involvement, this is just tentative.

I was in your shoes but now I can assure you that this reviewing happens on a random basis. Having gone through this process for multiple schools, I can tell you that the correlation coefficient (ha ha ha) between when you submitted/when your status changed/when you were invited for interview/when you are finally notified of the decision is zilch,0,nothing.
Some data points:

My friend submitted his application 3 weeks before the deadline - he was among the last people to be interviewed last year.
I submitted my application ON the deadline - I interviewed quite early in the process this year

I hope that implies you guys don't need to fret about your status changes

One more thing - Last time they mentioned that Kolkata/Delhi/Hyd invites will have specific dates - but I find it hard to believe..if you simply scroll through previous pages of this forum, you will find that those dates are also tentativepeople still got invites after the so called "delhi i/v deadlines" or "final dates for kol invites"

ATB!

• 6 Likes  
Thanks a tonne mate, And I am pretty sure that there are a lot puys like me, praying that you get an invite after all the hard-wrok you put in for that I/V de-brief docs. I guess I need all the luck cause the Pile of work I am under, did not let me prepare at all for the I/V.
It will be totally spontaneous execution on the d-day :D

I would love to explore that option, although there is nothing mentioned in the invite.

yes @saads1999, lets hope you get the interview call for all the hard work you have done in collating the interview debriefs.even i haven't got a call yet considering that i was supposedly priority applicant at ISB.
saads1999 Says
Is getting an quarters in ISB is an option? How shud one approach for tht? Will it be mentioned in the invite?

There is nothing to this effect in the invites...I do seem to recall vaguely someone reporting being allowed to stay on campus either this year or the last, but generally such requests have been declined for lack of accommodation space on campus.

If you would like to try your luck, please feel free to mail the ad-com.
Thanks bblast.... That was an info...

But my main question still remains unanswered "
Just wanted to check how rigorous is it for it's intake??? Since it is not asking for any App. Fee it seems to be too rigorous and Ambitious.. Is it so??? or m I jst Thinking Aloud????"

No its not rigorous IMO. I know a lot of average people who got in easily. 2 yrs of IT exp + 650 GMAT + ability to read and write English properly should be enough to clear the admissions.

@Kolkata guys who feel wrethed- ur app might be lying below in the pile somewhere. U can be called at HYD later , just cause u selected Kolkata does not mean they r gonna call u there hard and fast ingnoring all other 2000 apps that they have to go through - but they do try their best .
saads1999 Says
Nope man.. I am just preparing just incase ISB calls me. The chances of which is remote Anyways you do your best in the interview that is scheduled for this weekend.

Thanks a tonne mate, And I am pretty sure that there are a lot puys like me, praying that you get an invite after all the hard-wrok you put in for that I/V de-brief docs. I guess I need all the luck cause the Pile of work I am under, did not let me prepare at all for the I/V.
It will be totally spontaneous execution on the d-day :D

saads1999 Says
Is getting an quarters in ISB is an option? How shud one approach for tht? Will it be mentioned in the invite?

I would love to explore that option, although there is nothing mentioned in the invite.
r2n.sanskruti Says
ISB is in Gachibowli. There are many options in and around Kondapur and Madhapur - 10 minutes drive from the venue. If you cannot find quarters in ISB, try Swagat De Royal, serviced apartments like Tara residency, Ella hotels(very high end but just outside ISB campus) etc.

sausi007 Says
Saads, did u get an invite?

Nope man.. I am just preparing just incase ISB calls me. The chances of which is remote Anyways you do your best in the interview that is scheduled for this weekend.
  • 1 Like  
r2n.sanskruti Says
ISB is in Gachibowli. There are many options in and around Kondapur and Madhapur - 10 minutes drive from the venue. If you cannot find quarters in ISB, try Swagat De Royal, serviced apartments like Tara residency, Ella hotels(very high end but just outside ISB campus) etc.

You could also try Ankitha's Stay Inn which is 5 mins by auto to ISB. Will cost you 1500/- for one day including taxes and breakfast. I had stayed here for my interview and I would recommend it for the price, distance from ISB, courteous staff as well as peace n quiet... Reach out to Mr Ashok @ 9989050149 for bookings..

Saads, did u get an invite?

saads1999 Says
Can anyone who stayed in Hyd to attend ISB interview share the details of where they stayed in Hyd..

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.