ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 443 of 726   

I sooo very much go back to my home and lie down on bed watching "Boston legal"... it really helped me diverting my mind off ISB in last few days....office sucks today...

5 hours 17 minutes to go :))))

Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure
Dude!! That would have made the next few hours in office a living hell for most of us...
As it is, not many must be worrying about work right now. And on top of that, if the results were to be out in a couple of hours...it'd have been chaos!!!!

LOL around 200 people in India (or atleast the ones not abroad) will be taking half day leave!!
The 2nd essay states- "Where do you see yourself three years after you graduate from the ISB?"
Are we expected to include couple of lines of "Why MBA and Why ISB" stuff also in this answer ?
May be this will help you -
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/62057-isb-class-of-2013-aspirants-376.html#post3017209
Having gone through this situation earlier and still not wanting to sound a pessimist :
Would request everyone to keep your expectations low .Helps especially after a reject .I know , ISB /MBA from ISB may be a really important milestone for many of us folks .But ,it must not be the end of everything .

Doesn't matter whether we get in or not ,our life must keep on changing gears and moving smoother and better .

All the best once again !"

I completely agree. I'm expecting not to get through at all. If I don't get through, I "met my expectations!" More importantly, If I do, the success will taste a 100 times sweeter! Oh, so sweet!!!
Everytime I replay my interview in my head, I find something or the other that I could have said better/ shouldn't have said. And everytime my assessment of my own interview gets worse. They didn't drill me on anything. It was just a q&a; about a project that I'd done and some ECs.

Sometimes, it makes me wonder. How can they decide if I've had a good career worthy of consideration for an ISB admit in that 15-20 minutes. Surely, the application and my essays have to have more worth.

Nothing new. Happens with almost everyone, all the time....
Chillax!! Que Sera Sera....
just called up ISB..
me: mam when the results are going to come out..
ISB: in the evevning..
me: sure?? not before that??..
ISB: no... :nono:
I wish she wud have said yeah any time from now.. :P...

Dude!! That would have made the next few hours in office a living hell for most of us...
As it is, not many must be worrying about work right now. And on top of that, if the results were to be out in a couple of hours...it'd have been chaos!!!!
johnnybravo86 Says
Just looking at the previous year's forum. Seems like the rejects came out first, followed by the admits. It doesn't mean the same thing will happen this time. But if it were true this time too, I think everyone will be wishing to not get a mail/sms in the first batch!!
That is not true. My rejection came at around 8 PM last time when a lot of admits have been reported. So just stick around.

Good one Mishti. Yes, ofcourse, this is not the end of life.

If you are through enjoy the success.
If not pat yourself for the rediscovery of yourself in the last few months. That will go a long way! Trust me!

Me a R2-er btw!

Hey Guys,

Remember the game is never over! Whatever the outcome, never call it quits! Best of luck :)

Current Student - ISB, Co2012

Just looking at the previous year's forum. Seems like the rejects came out first, followed by the admits. It doesn't mean the same thing will happen this time. But if it were true this time too, I think everyone will be wishing to not get a mail/sms in the first batch!!

• 1 Like  

Hey Guys,

Remember the game is never over! Whatever the outcome, never call it quits! Best of luck :)

Current Student - ISB, Co2012

• 1 Like  
Hey, your gmat is right around the ISB average. 4 years workex also puts you in the right 'slot' for an mba app. The rest of your profile is ,blah blah,,blah blah and given your 'blank' EC's .. i say your odds are ,blah blah,,blah blah.

:)

i was trying to crack a joke and u actually gave a shot at my profile eval question, that shows how dumb my sense of humor is. :biggrin:
johnnybravo86 Says
On a scale of 1-10 for anxiousness .. ISB applicants should be 11 today.. Indian media waiting for AB's baby should be 12 (ah the trivial world).. AB himself would be an 8..

now that we all are waintg eagely for the results, one song fits into the situation perfectly ..."dhak dhak karne laga..ohh mora jiyara darne laga.. :P"...
6 more hours to go..I hope result starts pouring in before that...

All the best.. everyone...

Every second is pounding...

Originally Posted by pawanverma
What will your reaction be?

1. If you get selected?
2. If you get dinged?

About me:

1. Drink with friends to celebrate...
2. Drink with friends to share and crib .... :(

Whatever happens, drink is the only constant

Superlike
johnnybravo86 Says
On a scale of 1-10 for anxiousness .. ISB applicants should be 11 today.. Indian media waiting for AB's baby should be 12 (ah the trivial world).. AB himself would be an 8..

hahaha
nice one

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.