PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Get access to great test material and prepare with friends! For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Download for free.

ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 443 of 1088   
Just wondering..

Is a GMAT score of 720 a low or a high for ISB?

It all depends on your profile... Also more important is the breakup.. If both ur Verbal and Quant are in same Percentile range.. The score is something that ISB might not reject unless ur essays and recco's come bad.. else u have a fighting chance to get a call...
The Turbulator Says
I don't think this is the case...I have a frnd with GMAT score of 770 and decent acads and is still waiting for the interview call...

I still feel the call pattern is still random...
And I think they will interview more than 50% of the applicants (according to some info shared in this forum before) un any case.

After all the interviews they will consolidate and release the results....I dont think that they will decide anything until all the interviews are over.
If that were the case then they might not be interviewing 50% of the applicants...

Just wondering..

Is a GMAT score of 720 a low or a high for ISB?

I read this forum, and I feel so relieved..! Not coz there are other ppl who haven't recvd the call, but mostly coz I'm not the only one agonizing over "call kab ayegi!?" :banghead:

From Delhi, still waiting.

Hope the wait end this year itself....:grin:

I read this forum, and I feel so relieved..! Not coz there are other ppl who haven't recvd the call, but mostly coz I'm not the only one agonizing over "call kab ayegi!?" :banghead:

From Delhi, still waiting.

The wait is killing....
Still keeping the hopes high

Looking at the interview call pattern, I guess the fantastic profiles + high GMATters are being called first for IV from all locations.. .. The factor here is the high GMAT and acads. Technically, it would be just a sort in descending order of the scores and pick the top 200 or so.

Once ISB is done with the high scores pool, they will look at people like us (having low GMAT).. Assuming they have some seats vacant.
For the IV date stuff, had seen somewhere that Del/Kol candidates can be called to Hyd. for IV as well in due course. The last date for Hyd. Interview is 8th Feb.

I don't think this is the case...I have a frnd with GMAT score of 770 and decent acads and is still waiting for the interview call...
  • 1 Like  

Any Delhi calls today so far?

interview:

As a reapplicant i had shown substantial work & achievements in past yr. so first ques "done so well, why mba?"
One failure
one lesson learnt that wil stay with you forever (it was dificult to answer coz i thot of it same as failure ques)
one advice you wil give to an entrepreneur
why the chosen company name
who will manage in your absence
thoroughly grilled on each line of essay. Literally - each aspect of business , theatre explored indepth. You have to know your story in and out. - how did you get your best client, how do you operate etc.

Overall it was a very sharp interview. Its not a casual conversation!! Their tone at the start was rather provoking, but you just have to keep your calm and answer each question objectively.

would love to help neone who wants to talk!!.. inbox me..

profile:
740 gmat, decent acads (school topper, 1st division in engg), entrepreneur (non tech), 3.9 work ex (1.5 yrs - entre, 3 jobs before that), reapplicant, good extra currics
essay topic: sarcasm
Hey Kiran,

I'd say you should wear a formal suit with a coat. Are you a delhi candidate? Can you please share your profile?

My profile is
Exp: 8 years
GMAT: 700
Industry: IT

- Kiran

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.