PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Get access to great test material and prepare with friends! For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Download for free.

ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 243 of 1088   
Here is my experienece
Date: 29 Jan in Hyd (Mum) .
GMAT score: 720
Work Exp: 5.5 yrs
Industry: Engineering
Role: Corporate / General Management

The Interview panel had three young members all alums. Two guys, both entrepreneurs / founders of consultancy firms and the lady was working with a consultancy firm in USA. Questions heralded at me included:
1. Why didn't you take reference from your current boss ?
2. Explain your day to day activities in the present role. (Interrupted in between & was fired another question).
3.What is your value add in all these activities. Explain developing the marketing strategy & poistioning for your business group. You seem to play the role of an intelligent postman only in your present role!
4. Why should ISB consider you. What difference are you going to make as a person. Please don't include anything from you professional or social life! Tell us something personal! (Interrupted in between & was fired another question)
5. What were your sales target in the previous role & why? Explain how did u lead your team. (Interruption again)
6. Tell us about a situation in your job where you had shown perseverance & resilience (an argument started between me & a panel member on a few points!)
7. Why didn't your company go aggressively towards acquiring the target company. Why did ur company back out from the deal (based on a key news item of my company in 2009)
8. Tell us about an instance when you witnessed your CEO taking a major business decesion. What did you learn from it?
10. What are your Interests. Tell us in detail about any good book you have read recently.
11. Any questions from us

Total duration : around 30-35 min

Overall no general questions like why MBA? Why ISB? What are your career plans in long & short term? Etc

Personally I feel that I could have performed much better & could have given better answers if given time to think. But frankly was not accepting a barrage of questions fired at me at rapid pace! :splat:

ATB to the remaining candidates. Hope this information helps.
  • 8 Likes  
WhiteWNNoise Says
The reject mail will come within few days of 15th Feb. Those with W/L will have to stay longer on tenterhooks. I personally know a friend who was W/L from R1 and got a convert exactly a month before the classes started in April.

ye... the admission calendar does not say anything about w/l candidates... are there rejects in round 1.. or have they kept the entire of the "not selected" aside for further notice????
Please be hopefull.
"Every day holds the possibility of a miracle." - Elizabeth David

Btw, are you THE agoel from gmatclub?
targetisb2012 Says
also what abt the applicants whom they waitlist and call after 15th or first week of march for interview as a fellow put had told.. is that possible this time also..

The reject mail will come within few days of 15th Feb. Those with W/L will have to stay longer on tenterhooks. I personally know a friend who was W/L from R1 and got a convert exactly a month before the classes started in April.

Please be hopefull.
"Every day holds the possibility of a miracle." - Elizabeth David

WhiteWNNoise Says
and we shall be d dons of the grp. Our inside sources or little birdies will be those who are already here :)

Supa-agree.........we'll be the super-seniors...
C'mon chill...lets wait for the last day..
And some of the puys who were interviewed also will join in puys who will not receive a call finally....
So we are again gonna be a vibrant group over the new thread with old chemistry of this 900 page long thread...

and we shall be d dons of the grp. Our inside sources or little birdies will be those who are already here
trishitroy Says
I was interviewd on 17th Dec in Kolkata. As per ISB site, there were only three days allotted for the Kolkata R2 applicants. Surprisingly many people gave the i/v a miss as well. As said earlier, my i/v was preponed by 2 hours and it started as soon as i was handed my essay letter, not sure what to make of it though.

Even mine was on 17th, Panel 2 and it was preponed..........donno about ppl missing, but its really weird if they did
trishitroy Says
I was interviewd on 17th Dec in Kolkata. As per ISB site, there were only three days allotted for the Kolkata R2 applicants. Surprisingly many people gave the i/v a miss as well. As said earlier, my i/v was preponed by 2 hours and it started as soon as i was handed my essay letter, not sure what to make of it though.

Strange that folks skipped i/v...anyway thats better for people who are waiting for i/v...ISB will interview a fixed number of candidates I guess!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.