ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 11 of 726   
MBA 2012

Girl, its our loss that we would not be able to study with you!
  • 2 Likes  

Hi! I hv got in Mohali campus

For all Mohali campus related concerns, please chk out d FB group which will surely ease some of your doubts when it comes to comparing the two ..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/isbmohali/

• 1 Like  
Admissions open at Goa Institute of Managemnet

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading

Can someone tell me whether there's a separate PG thread for admits?
Also, has anyone accepted the offer and got login credentials for ISB admits webiste? Thanks

mittzer Says
I guess I'll take it. Maybe try out smthing in US as well for next year. I needed a MBA asap, because lack of specific knowledge hurts in important meetings. Didnt apply for IIMs because I found them quite similar to the IITs.

No clue on IIT-IIM similarity; wasn't from IIT Did my UG in NUS. I'm really not sure as of now. Hope the next few days clear the cloud
|| Applied: Columbia, INSEAD, Wharton, ISB, IIM-B/C || Converts: Wharton, ISB || Awaited: IIM-C ||

I guess I'll take it. Maybe try out smthing in US as well for next year. I needed a MBA asap, because lack of specific knowledge hurts in important meetings. Didnt apply for IIMs because I found them quite similar to the IITs.

mittzer Says
@MBA2012.. Yaar share your profile.. Me IIT Delhi(Elec).. 770.. Entrepreneur.. It is quite Idiotic that ISB places its policies over its common sense. What are you planning now? I guess you gave CAT as well?

No, dude. I didn't give CAT. I'm located in Singapore. Applied as an overseas candidate to IIMs with GMAT score. Have calls from IIM-B/C. Will take them early March. And I'm a 80-20 on rejecting the deferred admit. What's your take on it?
|| Applied: Columbia, INSEAD, Wharton, ISB, IIM-B/C || Converts: Wharton, ISB || Awaited: IIM-C ||
kushagra452 Says
I too have admits from a few foreign schools (LBS, INSEAD, Oxford and Johnson), but looking the the prevailing Eurozone crisis and the bleak outlook, I am having second thoughts about leaving my ISB admit and going abroad.

Just wanted to add my opinion:

I've been working in UK since abt 3yrs now and I think You should keep the following in mind, before making a final decision:

1) School: If you've an admit from LBS then there's no doubt it's the best in Europe/UK.
2) Visa: LBS is Brit's pride and trust me, if you pass out from LBS you should get a Post study work visa easily which is valid for 2 yrs..after which you would need to get employer sponsorship to continue working i.e. Tier-2 Visa. If am not wrong, for LBS you get 75 points!! Only other schools which gets 75 points are HBS, Wharton, Kelloggs!!
3) Jobs: EU/UK job market is not all that good at the moment. Having said that, you belong to the top 2-3% of the market. BUT based on your post MBA goals see how the job market is doing, talk to alumni from LBS/current batch/your college alumni etc..to get a real picture. Please also keep in mind, as an Indian passport holder, would have no access to EU jobs. It adds to have worked previously in the UK market( and if you did in the past, you already know most of the points am mentioning). Also, if you're married : your partner could work too on dependent visa even while you're studying.
4) Expenses: Apart from the school fee, books etc..you'll have to spend at least 7k per annum(7k is probably the least I can imagine for London, I think could go up-to 10k) on living expenses..so overall should cost you 70000-75000!!

Finally, when you're done researching you'd know the right choice for you..
Also, if it's Oxford MBA then I would urge you to re-consider leaving ISB to Oxford..my personal opinion is it's not worth leaving ISB's admit to Oxford!

*Strictly Personal Opinions*

Regards,
Idiot.
  • 2 Likes  

@MBA2012.. Yaar share your profile.. Me IIT Delhi(Elec).. 770.. Entrepreneur.. It is quite Idiotic that ISB places its policies over its common sense. What are you planning now? I guess you gave CAT as well?

duplicate post

mittzer Says
Hi.. This is my first post here. I got a deferred admit. Really tried to break the trend of 2 years plus experience. The Adcom says I missed by two months. I don't understand the point of paying out 2 lakh rupees without even knowing the campus. But ISB guys are reiterating that both campuses are exactly the same.

Arey, haath milao... I missed by 4 months Got the deferred admit too

Hi.. This is my first post here. I got a deferred admit. Really tried to break the trend of 2 years plus experience. The Adcom says I missed by two months. I don't understand the point of paying out 2 lakh rupees without even knowing the campus. But ISB guys are reiterating that both campuses are exactly the same.

Aritro9782 Says
Biswarup Das........sadly a reject.........he crossed the upper threshold I'll say :(

thats sad.....
Aritro9782 Says
Biswarup Das........sadly a reject.........he crossed the upper threshold I'll say :(

two hours interview...too much;)guess they would have had tea and lunch in that interview itself ...lolz...anyways sad fr him..

Hi,

Has anyone from Kolkata received the Hard Copy by courier yet?

divyacf Says
scared bout what??? your freee.... enjoy it while it lasts.. am sure one year down the lane youll get back all the good things :)

It ain't about the good things to start..........it's the freedom that scares the slave within

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.