Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

ISB Class of 2013 aspirants

Dear Puys, Though this may seem a little early but thought to getting started with the effort and the journey of making it to one of the most premier B schools in our country. My Profile - Work Exp - 1.5+ yrs, consumer products (Ni...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 11 of 1088   
Fellow puys... Im in a pretty weird situation....
I have an interiew scheduled with HKUST on the 22nd of Feb.. Im hoping to do well... However the results for R2 admits of HKUST would probably take 8 weeks which means at around April 22 when ISB wouldve started already...

Now HKUST has always been my dream school of choice cos of its reputed finance specialization and focus in Asia...
I'm left confused on how to go abt this scenario....
should I pay up the 2.2L and get into ISB?

Im sure there are many brilliant puys here with multiple admits in a similar scenario... could you lend me some gyaan please

Thanks puys
Cheers

I know this post is a little off topic but your help / comments would be greatly appreciated

The good part of HKUST application process is that they give a lot of importance to application screening. So if your application has made it past the first round, then there are very high chances for this to convert to an admission offer. There is a HKUST thread here, hosted by the current HKUST students. You should try posting there also to get more pertinent answers.
hi puys,

one query aimed at u folks....

I remember many of u guyz had posted few months back that ISB had called some applicants as late as march last year for the interviews....any idea as to whether those applicants were being reinterviewed or were being interviewed for the first time.. can some knowledgeable applicants through some light on it...

thanks

guyz some comments please on the above query of mine...

thanks
Fellow puys... Im in a pretty weird situation....
I have an interiew scheduled with HKUST on the 22nd of Feb.. Im hoping to do well... However the results for R2 admits of HKUST would probably take 8 weeks which means at around April 22 when ISB wouldve started already...

Now HKUST has always been my dream school of choice cos of its reputed finance specialization and focus in Asia...
I'm left confused on how to go abt this scenario....
should I pay up the 2.2L and get into ISB?

Im sure there are many brilliant puys here with multiple admits in a similar scenario... could you lend me some gyaan please

Thanks puys
Cheers

I know this post is a little off topic but your help / comments would be greatly appreciated

Am no expert, but here are my two cents.

If you're desperate to do an MBA this year, then you should go ahead and take up ISB. I don't know what ISB's payment schedule is like but you might be required to pay some more money immediately at the time of joining, so the amount you're looking at is potentially much more than 2.2L. If you're really hung up on HKUST, and in a worst case scenario wouldn't mind continuing your job in case you get dinged from the school, then no point getting into ISB.

I'm in a similar situation because I hear back from my US schools in end of March. However, in my case, I've decided not to take up the ISB admit because I will head to IIM C PGPEX instead. I've already paid the deposit money for PGPEX and I feel it is better aligned with my experience and aspirations than ISB is.

At the end of the day, its just a personal call you will have to take...

Good luck!!

The degree of (in)activity on this thread makes me feel its days are numbered..............

hi puys,

one query aimed at u folks....

I remember many of u guyz had posted few months back that ISB had called some applicants as late as march last year for the interviews....any idea as to whether those applicants were being reinterviewed or were being interviewed for the first time.. can some knowledgeable applicants through some light on it...

thanks

Guys, any idea what all info will the new admit portal site provide? Things I would like to know more include housing (I will be shifting with my family) and laptop specs.

I did call up ISB today - the lady said that we will get details on things that we should bring and those that we should not - not very helpful. On a more helpful note, she did inform me that access detail for the new admits portal will be mailed by coming Monday (Feb 27).

ajnabee2u Says
Good advice :)

Thats a movie

Good advice

@Johnny : Respect your opinion. Everyone has their reasons for pursuing an MBA. There are several folks who are even willing to take a pay cut to get their desired roles. Student profile will be the same across IIMs or ISB. It'll be the standard bell curve everywhere so i don't think its gonna give you any strategic edge to be a in a class of 770 vs 100 etc from a placement perspective. Also if you've come across MBA placement interviews they are more of a behavioral interviews and so it really depends your individuality and your thought process. So take a wise decision as one doesn't get an ISB admit often.

Cheers,
xan

M taking a neutral stand on this one...ISB is good for ppl who want to complete a quality mba in minimum possible time...good for ppl who dont need internship...good for ppl who want to get into consulting...n good for ppl who seek a diverse background

IIMs/XLRI are good for ppl who seek internship (mostly career shifters)...good for ppl who want consider MBA to be a quant focussed program and want students to be quant oriented...like CMU Tepper...good for ppl who consider COST of MBA an important factor...

batch size does matter as it increases or decreases d probability...but so does brand name...on the batch size, IIMs score and on the brand name, ISB has an edge as it is internationally recognized..though IIMs A & B are recognized too....

all in all...both schools have their pros...no cons though...decide which is the one your goals best align with...only drop your ISB offer if you have other offers in hand...a bird in hand is worth a two in bush...i am telling u this even though m a waitlisted candidate

all the best..cheers
  • 2 Likes  
Top 6% of ISBco13 (Major: Operations & Finance)
johnny1234

@Johnny : Respect your opinion. Everyone has their reasons for pursuing an MBA. There are several folks who are even willing to take a pay cut to get their desired roles. Student profile will be the same across IIMs or ISB. It'll be the standard bell curve everywhere so i don't think its gonna give you any strategic edge to be a in a class of 770 vs 100 etc from a placement perspective. Also if you've come across MBA placement interviews they are more of a behavioral interviews and so it really depends your individuality and your thought process. So take a wise decision as one doesn't get an ISB admit often.

Cheers,
xan
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1120 people follow this discussion.