ISB 2008 - Interviews and Admits

Hi all, Round 1 of the admit process for ISB starts on 2nd July. I am starting this thread for interested applicants to discuss the various aspects of admission process and to help out each other. To start with, my profile - GM...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 78 of 104   
mealiennothuman Says
Is there any way to know if the official GMAT score has reached ISB or not? I think someone had mentioned something to that effect but I could not find any such link on the ISB website.

Mail *******@isb.edu

I attended a recent info session of the ISB and this question came up there. The admissions people said that we can just mail or call them, and they would be more than happy to check for us.

But one important point: If you had submitted your GMAT scores last year or so, they may not have the records.. So it is better to verify with them in such a case..
  • 1 Like  
Hello Everybody!
does an offline reco carry some disadvantage with it?
Hussain

Not that I could think of. These are just different options for us to send across information as per our convenience. So there would not be any disadvantage in our application.
But offline means that you would have to send the completed form by post/coutier/whatever.. Which might be risky if you are close to the deadline.. in the case of online, the job is done in minutes without risk..
Wait a min.. Now that you raise this, me too am wondering abt it.. Will offline imply lower credibility for the evaluation, as there are greater chances of "forgery"? Any gyan abt this, guys?
Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More
Hello Everybody!
does an offline reco carry some disadvantage with it?
Hussain

Not that I could think of. These are just different options for us to send across information as per our convenience. So there would not be any disadvantage in our application. But offline means that you would have to send the completed form by post/coutier/whatever.. Which might be risky if you are close to the deadline.. in the case of online, the job is done in minutes without risk.. Wait a min.. Now that you raise this, me too am wondering abt it.. Will offline imply lower credibility for the evaluation, as there are greater chances of "forgery"? Any gyan abt this, guys?
Hello Everybody!
plz help me with my query...i have one online reco and one paper based....is it possible to submit one online and one offline?does an offline reco carry some disadvantage with it?
thanks!
Hussain
"what you think of yourself is what everyone thinks of you eventually"

It is possible to submit one online/offline. When you enter evaluator details in the application, you will be prompted for your choice for each of the evaluators.

Back..with a question ofcourse .

I would appreciate some advice on the goals aspect. Though it is not asked explicitly, I am trying to incorporate it thru one of the essays. I was just wondering whether trying to show a slightly flamboyant goal post ISB would be wise. While it would be a 360 degree career shift (having no link to my professional exp.), I am trying to show that my Project Management and client dealing experience will come in handy.

Thanks,
Stigmatic

Hey guys,

I am a newbie here, but this question has been brewing in my mind for a while now. I wanted to know how does ISB compare applicants who have work experience from abroad as compared to applicants with work experience within India. I am an Indian but most of my experience has been in US working with Fortune 100 clients and have a masters degree in engineering.

Thanks

Hi

Wanted to know if a 2 month gap between job change needs to be explained.

Regards

2 months doesn't seem to be a long time period for you to actually describe it. A 6 month or a one year break might warrant an explanation. Please talk to a current or ex student and get their views on this.

Hi

I agree that it is clear that Articleship exp is not counted and also I have a much higher post qual exp. What makes this confusing is the fact that in the application form under the work ex tab there is a seaprate radio button where articleship is highlighted.Indicated below

Type of Employment
Full Time
Part Time
Freelancing
Internship
Articleship
Trainee

Therefore does one need to fill in that information even though it amy not be counted towards the mandatory two yr workex

Hi Everyone,
Does Anyone Have An Idea If Isb Accepts Deffered Admissions.does Anyone Know Anyone Who Has Applied For A Deffered Admission Earlier.
Rochak

Hi Vikas,

I think any gaps in education or work do need to be explained. I read your additional question about the internship work ex on the yahoogroup. Here's whats given on the ISB site:

To be eligible to apply to the ISB, you need to have a Bachelor's/Master's degree in any discipline.
1. GMAT score.
2. TOEFL/IELTS (only if the language of instruction at undergraduate level study was not English).
3. Two years or more of full time post qualification work experience.

So I do not think internship experience is counted.

Thanks.

Hi

Wanted to know if a 2 month gap between job change needs to be explained.

Regards

Is there any way to know if the official GMAT score has reached ISB or not? I think someone had mentioned something to that effect but I could not find any such link on the ISB website.

Hello Everybody!
plz help me with my query...i have one online reco and one paper based....is it possible to submit one online and one offline?does an offline reco carry some disadvantage with it?
thanks!
Hussain

Just call or mail the admissions department. They are very helpful.
Hello Everybody!
thanks!
Hussain

spoud!!!!!! that's a great input from you...ur interview experience would be very helpful to us!
thanks buddy and best of luck!
Hussain

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

433 people follow this discussion.