PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Get access to great test material and prepare with friends! For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Download for free.

ISB 2008 - Interviews and Admits

Hi all, Round 1 of the admit process for ISB starts on 2nd July. I am starting this thread for interested applicants to discuss the various aspects of admission process and to help out each other. To start with, my profile - GM...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 78 of 155   
Hello BFY,

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. Can you shed some more light on the ratio of waitlisted vs those who are actually called in R2? Any numbers that you can throw our way?

Regards,
Tech2

You are welcome. I have no idea of such numbers. Those will be really difficult to get too. One lady i know was waitlisted in R1 and was one of the last to get an admit last year(something like a week before course commencement). She kept herself busy with other applications and activities outside work and the admit came as a pleasant surprise. May be a good distraction will help while the admit comes thru.

Hello BFY,

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. Can you shed some more light on the ratio of waitlisted vs those who are actually called in R2? Any numbers that you can throw our way?

Regards,
Tech2

KUDOS!!! Tats really great. Nice to see a lot of 2 yrs exp ppl getting interview calls. Congrats Shruthi and others!!!!All the very best...

Well i have few queries too :)

I am planning to apply for 2009-2010 batch.
Work Ex :When i apply i will be having 2.5 years work ex (In India) in a very reputed IT concern.
Acads :10th: 86% , 12th:91%, BTech: 78%
ExtraCurr : Until my college days, I had been into a lot of Extra Curricular activities....Was president of my department....Was a National Level Chess player...and a lot of other initiatives that demanded creativity.

But once I joined the company, where my work was purely techno functional I could not involve myself into much of Extra Curricular activities ...I have not got any award in my company to project in essays ;):( I don lead any team @ office to project that:satisfie:..Ofcoz I have been taking few initiatives, but I am sure these wont fetch me any award or certificate. Just doing out of my interest.:.
So when a person who is just 2.5 exp who does not have any award or certificate or who is not a Team Lead, what would they actually project in the essays? What kind of achievements or initiates at workplace would ISB look in for???:

I have been also selected for the interview. I am currently in Mumbai and opted for Pune.

Profile:

GMAT : 710
Grad: 70%
XII: 77%
X: 80%

Work Ex: 4.7 yrs (as of now) in IT and Telecom

I would like to meet the other shortlisted candidates to discuss the interview approach. If ppl are interested then we can plan out the meeting in Mumbai.

Cheers
--a

Let me point out to an interesting statistic from ISB Admissions brochure.
57% of the current batch has experience between 2-5 years.
So according to me, (so called) less experience does not make a difference.

From the GMAT scores and profiles of those who have been shortlisted so far, there is no discernible pattern. I observed guys with 5+ yrs exp with 720+ scores get rejected and then there are guys like me with just 2+ years of experience getting a call.

It all boils down to how you have projected yourself and your experiences through the essays.

All the best to everyone and do not let your "less" experience lessen your confidence.

hey guys
me got call for Delhi on 31 oct. 3 PM. Panel 1.
GMAT : 740
Qual : MBBS, MS Orthopedics
Excellent Acads
Decent extra curric
any idea how intense is the interview. anyone on the same day, same place as mine?

Hi Doctor_4_MBA

I too got a call on 31st 9AM at Delhi. You may contact me at lalit.ntpc@gmail.com.

Cheers

Lalit Bansal
B4U,

Any idea by when they will be announcing all calls.. some hyd applicants have heard from the adcom and some havent... its very confusing...

No idea man. If some have got the rest shd be out in a day or two. I'll try to find out tomorrow, but have a rather crazy schedule all day with the elective terms starting. Why dont you call up adcom on monday morning?

Hi Goldberg,

You do have a good memory! Yes.. i was pretty worried about the shortlist bcos of my low workex(2 yrs). But.. u guys were right... and am I happy bout tht!

and DPS,

thank u for the tips... will try and implement as much of it as possible!

All the best to everyone!
Shruti.
i guess the thank u list will read like an oscar acceptance speech if i make it thru...:)

bornforyou Says
Had been out of town for last few days on project work. Amazed to see the R1 results out early. Every year adcom springs a surprise(last year R2 results were out 1 week ahead of schedule). Congrats to all shortlisted candidates. Keep the spirit and enthusiasm up as the last hurdle is the most challenging one. All waitlisted candidates relax, the concept of interview waitlist is new. You shd be happy 'coz u r still not out of the race. All candidates who have been rejected an interview, it is not end of the road. You can always apply next year or you still have time to apply to other US/European/Asian B-schools. Keep the MBA dream fired up.

B4U,

Any idea by when they will be announcing all calls.. some hyd applicants have heard from the adcom and some havent... its very confusing...

Had been out of town for last few days on project work. Amazed to see the R1 results out early. Every year adcom springs a surprise(last year R2 results were out 1 week ahead of schedule). Congrats to all shortlisted candidates. Keep the spirit and enthusiasm up as the last hurdle is the most challenging one. All waitlisted candidates relax, the concept of interview waitlist is new. You shd be happy 'coz u r still not out of the race. All candidates who have been rejected an interview, it is not end of the road. You can always apply next year or you still have time to apply to other US/European/Asian B-schools. Keep the MBA dream fired up.

• 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

434 people follow this discussion.