ISB 2008 - Interviews and Admits

Hi all, Round 1 of the admit process for ISB starts on 2nd July. I am starting this thread for interested applicants to discuss the various aspects of admission process and to help out each other. To start with, my profile - GM...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 104   
chet321, Sunil prabhu and Sandeep, and sachin_h

send me ur full name, application id, company you worked for when u applied and year u applied. I will get the feedback for you, if you are interested. And ya PM the details.

--Badri--

P.S: I will take 1-3 working days to reply to ur PM

Hi vsbadri,
I had mailed the ISB adcom team on the same day i posted my previous message. And this time i got a reply and feedback within 1 working day..

Neways, Thanks dude.

chet321, Sunil prabhu and Sandeep, and sachin_h

send me ur full name, application id, company you worked for when u applied and year u applied. I will get the feedback for you, if you are interested. And ya PM the details.

--Badri--

P.S: I will take 1-3 working days to reply to ur PM

• 2 Likes  
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now
Same here bro, this is extremely disappointing on the part of ISB, I first wrote to them last year and was told that feedback will be provided in April.

Then I wrote to them again in April and was told that feedback will be provided in first week of May. When I wrote to them in May, they said that they are sorry for the delay and gave no further deadline.

Lots of procrastination on the part of ISB, something which is not associated with them.

Hi chet321, Sunil prabhu and Sandeep,

Did u guys get feedback from ISB ? I had mailed them last in June, but no reply since then.

Can somebody please check my profile and tell my chances of getting call from ISB / Pgpx iima?

WE : 12 + years / non IT / PSU

Acad : B.tech / good college / c.g.p.a 8.02/10

Gmat : 670 / awa 5.5

Achivements/awards : very normal

I think i have done fairly good job in essays.

Thanks for the response, I guess all I should do is apply and take it as it comes

viscountess Says
GMAT : 720 (Q 50, V 3 AWA 5.0

You've got a fair GMAT score, considering the avg of 730. I would have said "Good", but then you've passed out just a couple of years ago.

Work Ex : 2 yrs in an IT Major
This is what I am not sure of - you are at the borderline in terms of experience. If it is 2 yrs right now, then it'll be about 2.5 yrs when you join. Not sure on this front!

I'm planning to apply in R1 and I'm working on the essays
You should also check out the thread for this year's applications - ISB 2009 Aspirants.

Cheers

Hi All,

I just wanted to know what my chances with ISB were. My profile is

GMAT : 720 (Q 50, V 3 AWA 5.0
Work Ex : 2 yrs in an IT Major
DGPA : 8.0
My college was affiliated to WBUT and was not a branded college.
HSC : 69.7%
SSC : 77%

Extra Currics : Average.

Could someone tell me what my chances are? I'm planning to apply in R1 and I'm working on the essays

Thanks in Advance

eric.segal1 Says
guys i just wanted to know what kind of verification is done(by B-schools like ISB ) for the work experience....as in is it telephonic or is it personal visit by some guys they employed for this purpose.

can somebody answer me please?
my 2nd recommender(a traditional finicky lot) wants to know this as he insists that if it is a verification through e-mail or some web based stuffs then he would rather prefer not to be a part. Can u tell me if the ISB atleast does it telephonically if not personally?
some pg veterans...plz reply

I would just like to answer the question in a different manner by saying that

My whole stregth lies in making the idea and hence the patent and I should be looking at selling that only. With some experiences connect the same to the patent benefits

Isn't that fine

Please ignore....

guys i just wanted to know what kind of verification is done(by B-schools like ISB ) for the work experience....as in is it telephonic or is it personal visit by some guys they employed for this purpose.

HI All,

I will have 5 years of work ex with a Finance -BPO this Nov'08.I am assistant manager and a graduate (B.sc lifescience) Academics not so good infact very avrage,Profile - nothing much. what can i do get upto the mark of making my profile worthwhile and how much the minimum score required for a guy like me to make it to good B-schools like ISb, NUS or may be schools in US and UK.
Would really appreciate !

What is OG or OG 12.
I am currently going for GMAt coaching in Princeton reviwe, looks good, they have good strategies.

Hi,

I got rejected in the ISB interview because I could not answer well the case study question. following was the question:

you are aware about the unmanned vehicles being used in army for fighter plans etc. I have the patent for this technology. Now, I want to use my plan in commercial aviation.How do you think i should go forward so that I can earn maximum money? Should I start my own manufaturing or start issueing licensing or whatever comes to your mind? speak 5-10 points that come to your mind.

Any ideas how to answer this question?

One of the ways is to issue license to commercial aircraft manufacturing cos to use the patent n earn out of it
Setting up a manufacturing plant will need lot of investment and it ll take a hell a lot of time to get it done and start making money
moreover if you are a person who doesnt know the manufacturing nuisances then this wont be the best option to go for without a proper partner

If we go for selling the licenses, the current aircraft manufacturing cos ll be already having the facilities to manufacture air crafts sans this technology..they jus need to invest in getting this part done and fitting their flights with this module...

We can have time periods for this license or we can restrict the license to say x number of aircract/manufacturer..by this we can get continuous revenue out of licensing if this technology becomes a success in the commercial space...

And we can even improvise on this tech n get them patented as well..

P.S. This is from a novice and this is the first time I am doing stuffs like case study analysis...Guess my explanation is the one which ll be suggested by most of the ppl who dont think out of the box:tellme:

But is there any out of the box solution for this case?
  • 1 Like  

which is the best strategy that works for ISB admissions?

Hi,

I got rejected in the ISB interview because I could not answer well the case study question. following was the question:

you are aware about the unmanned vehicles being used in army for fighter plans etc. I have the patent for this technology. Now, I want to use my plan in commercial aviation.How do you think i should go forward so that I can earn maximum money? Should I start my own manufaturing or start issueing licensing or whatever comes to your mind? speak 5-10 points that come to your mind.

Any ideas how to answer this question?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

433 people follow this discussion.