SHOW

Interview tips - Must read

• Created by @manduks
Hi all, I found this article on preparing yourself for interviews. I am sure it will benefit us all. Manduks PREPARATION FOR INTERVIEWS Because communication skills are such an integral part of effective management, some schools ... Read More »

7 P's of Personal Interview

1. Profile

are you a good profile that won't be impossible to place at the end of your MBA?

2. Presence

are you confident, articulate, well-dressed, have positive body language and good basic communication?

3. Personals

how well do you know yourself ?

Why do you want to do an MBA ?

Why did you do engineering/your UG discipline ?

What do you want in life (personally and professionally) ?

Strengths and weaknesses?

4. Professional experience

What work experience do you have ?

What do you know about the sector you worked in ?

Why do you want to stop working to do your MBA ?

5. Practicality

How do you handle stress ?

Can you apply your prior knowledge practically ?

Can you think logically on the fly ?

Can you answer situational questions well ?

6. Present

What is presently happening in the world ?

What views do you have on policies in India and the world?

Politics, technology, business, economy, social issues are good starting points.

7. Perfect Fit

Why should we accept you ?

Why do you want to join our institute ?

What do you expect to learn from us during your MBA ?

@manduks This is amazing!!!Thanks a tonn!!!
Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well lived.   
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
@Vijay2405 said:
A famous question- Why MBA?A famous answer (though not very sure of popularity) - Why not MBA ?
Bhai interviewer ko ye answer diya in reply then tab to ho chuka admission.
  • 2 Likes  
Thank you very much . The info is actually useful
A famous question- Why MBA?
A famous answer (though not very sure of popularity) - Why not MBA ?
@manduks this info is really amazing and very helpful !!
Hindu College, Delhi University.
@manduks thanxx....a ton !!! it will surely help me....
Its really informative, thank you for the post.
Pooji69 Says
shud we give the mst stereo type ans whch all interviewers want to listen or jst present d way we are may it be too personal or emotional thing ..

Never assume that interviewers are hoping for some 'correct' (or worse, stereotypical) answers.

If that had been true, the secret answers would be out in the open and everyone would be able to crack interviews in a formulaic manner.

Here's a PG post on how MBA interviews are different from regular ones. It's meant for international MBA programs where the applicant profiles and selection process is different, but worth a read anyway.

- SK
  • 2 Likes  
Founder -  MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb
shud we give the mst stereo type ans whch all interviewers want to listen or jst present d way we are may it be too personal or emotional thing ..
What I should say ,why you wanna do MBA , why from this college, where you see after 5 years, what is your strength and weakness ,
Plz suggest some answers...

For ur answers,

1. Why MBA?
U must have a reason for wanting an MBA. Say that. If it's just the lure of higher packages, then think in which domain would you LIKE to work, given a choice and say that. But be well-prepared for cross questions.

2. Why this college?
Very simple. Every college has something to offer. Faculties, opportunities, location, etc. Find out and answer accordingly.

3. 5 years from now.
Dont say something like i wanna be the CEO of HUL. Be realistic and ind out the growth chart in ur preferred domain and answer accordingly.

4. Strengths and weaknesses.
U should know them better than anyone else, right? :biggrin:

Most importantly, always remember there are no right or wrong answers to the above questions. Try to think out the answers. Its just about knowing urself. Its hard, but worth it. :grin: #Just an opinion.
  • 2 Likes  
What I should say ,why you wanna do MBA , why from this college, where you see after 5 years, what is your strength and weakness ,
Plz suggest some answers...
What about this question:

"Why should we not take you??Give 2 reasons.."

You need to show a couple of your positive sides, which if goes wrong, can take you wrong places....twist your strong points with a wrapper of a weakness.
On a road less travelled, you'll find what you've been looking for. Yourself.
What about this question:

"Why should we not take you??Give 2 reasons.."
Guys help me out with this question
If interviewer as me,"Why should i take you to my college?"
Then how should i prove my worth to him??
Pls help:drinking::splat:

The answer should evolve out of inrospection. After all nobody knows you better than you.

You can think along these generic lines of thought

1. Your biggest strengths/qualities
  2. How have you applied that in life
  3. Ask your friends about your positives
  4. Ask colleagues or friends about one of your contributions that they felt was crucial
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

488 people follow this discussion.