About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Hari Raghavachari @baccardisprite

Tags

International educational options beyond the MBA

Hello PGs, Having been a PG for the last 2+ years, and having observed posts and threads across the International Section of the forums, I find that many are relatively less aware of some of the other interesting educational avenues availabl...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 35 of 158   

i have heard some EU nations like germany/norway/denmark offers education at low cost even for international students? is this true?

Don't know if this helps anyone...I've seen lot of people enquiring about Quantitive finance programs.....If you are one of them have a look at this one
Master of Quantitative Finance Faculty of Mathematics University of Waterloo
Well I am doing a Masters degree in actuarial science here.....and the faculty in Quant finance is really good.....I have few courses taught by professors from that department......I am really impressed by the faculty and program curriculum(don't know why I applied for actuarial science here :)......ofcourse this is good too !!!!)

• 1 Like  
Dear Arun .I am also an aspirant for MFE program at Saiid.Could you please PM/Post your profile and GRE score ,it will be very helpful for aspirants like me .
Also throw some light on the institutes which you have applied.
plz do reply

Vishwadeep,

My profile: 2.5 yrs in Analytics, CGPA - 8.7
GRE: 333 (q168,v165,AWA 4), TOEFL: 110

Other schools applied: Duke, Dartmouth, CMU, Stanford, LSE
Admitted to Duke, Rejected by all others..
I I have been waitlisted for the MFE (MSc in Financial Economics) program in Oxford, SBS...
Can someone throw light on what are the conversion chances.. Does anyone know abt the waitlisted stats.. SBS FAQ page says the school does not operate waiting lists.. Any inputs would be helpful..

Dear Arun .I am also an aspirant for MFE program at Saiid.Could you please PM/Post your profile and GRE score ,it will be very helpful for aspirants like me .
Also throw some light on the institutes which you have applied.
plz do reply
I I have been waitlisted for the MFE (MSc in Financial Economics) program in Oxford, SBS...
Can someone throw light on what are the conversion chances.. Does anyone know abt the waitlisted stats.. SBS FAQ page says the school does not operate waiting lists.. Any inputs would be helpful..

Just let them know you're interested to stay on the waiting list, and update them with any professional developments in your life that you can connect with your future career and with the MFE. Apart from that, you can't do very much.

All the best
Baccardisprite
Hi,
My profile: Completed my Bachelors of Pharmacy and currently working in production/manufacturing department of a Pharmaceutical company.
Interested in doing MBA in Operations/supply chain. Please name top institutes in India as well as in abroad which accepts science background graduates.

Look at the US News and World Report Rankings of US Universities and look for the Top departments of Industrial Engineering / Operations Research. Then take the same list and shorten it to those Universities that also have a strong business school. Start there!

All the best
Baccardisprite
Dear Baccardi Sprite,

I came across your posts recently, and I have been very impressed with your balanced responses to everyone. Thank you for your yeoman service to the community.

I would like to ask you a question. I have about 9 years of work ex with the last four being in IT Marketing and Sales Operations. I recently had a job offer for INR 21 Lakhs in Bangalore that i turned down since I seem to have developed an aversion to IT jobs. I find them to be stifling my creativity.

I request you to let me know if you are aware of ways and means that people adopt to try and figure out their passion in life, the work that they come to love and cherish. Is this a utopian ideal to chase one's passion, or, as steve jobs said, it is important to "stay hungry, stay foolish"?

I find myself at a crossroads in my career, a sort of mid-life crisis, since I have turned down a brilliant job offer with a very large company, and I seem to have no alternative career ideas in mind. Am I lost? If yes, how do i figure this out?

Sorry if this is too vague and lacking in focus. Curious to know your thoughts in this regard. Thanks in advance for the same.

Philosophical request, indicating your requirements for guidance may be more than I am intellectually qualified to give :-).

I don't think you're lost (yet), but guess you're simply looking for a professional "something" that wakes you up and keeps you going for the next 30 years (assuming you're about 30 now). "Something" could be a professional career you want to enjoy over the next 10-20-30 years; a goal you might want to reach in about 10-20-30 years; an activity / project(s) / initiative that you have enjoyed so much that you wouldn't mind doing that professionally over a longer term (ok... rockstar might be slightly difficult :-)).

That "something" (which you need to figure out) could be enabled by a combination of a few things:

- Current (& short term developing) skills, that you can apply & transfer
- Additional skills / experience / education you need to make the jump to that "something"; what ever that is decides how big a jump you need to make
- Where you specifically can get that education (if required per above point).

I'd suggest taking someone you know / love / trust and sit on a secluded spot on a beach by the ECR, and spend a few hours thinking about the "something"; come back and post - after which I could give you more specific advice.

All the best
Baccardisprite

Everyone is a moon and has a dark side that he never shows to anyone

has anybody any idea about duke's master of engineering management programme?

XAT 99.69 Caaaals: XL:BM IMT-G Converts:XL BM IMT G FT  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

6606 people follow this discussion.