SHOW

Instituto de Empresa - IE Business School

• Created by @mattyvr
Hey All, Just wanted all you PagalGuys to buzz me if you wished to talk about applying to IE Business School - Instituto de Empresa in Madrid. We're a top 10 globally ranked school and we're all real proud. A bit about myself, I'm Cana...
@agoyal That's a very frank insight into the real world perspective of IE. What are your thoughts on the brand value of IE outside of Spain/EU. Would it be tough for International (read: Indian) students to find jobs in English speaking countries like US/UK?

Also can you provide some insight on the Blended/Blended Squared programs? They don't seem like full time programs, but the '+Tourism Management' option sounds pretty exciting. Would you be able to shed some light on Global vs. International MBA?

Would it be possible to pick up course of Spanish along with the MBA course work? And would that help with the job prospects?

In pursuit of the YumBeeYay dream ... Year 8 :-D
@agoyal Sir can you throw some light on Oxford Said Business school
Continuous learning is the best way of defense
Great Lakes Admissions 2015

´╗┐Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM 2015-2016)

One year fast track management program for candidates with minimum 2 years of experience.

Admissions are also open for PGDM 2015-17

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
Hi Vikas,

Unfortunately I cannot provide you an accurate feedback on that as I haven't gone through that process yet. But from what I have perceived till now, it is not worse than being from any other top B-school outside India. Indian recruiters are not much aware of other non-Indian B-schools, so it will all depend on how well you can pitch yourself to them.

Hello agoyal,

Can you provide your opinion on the recognition of IE Business School among Indian recruiters , from your experience so far @ IE ?
Hello MBA aspirants,

I am presently studying at IE and have an advice for you all : Don't come to IE unless you are confident of finding a job on your own.
IE is a good school for acads, infrastructure, networking and everything else but not for its Career Management center. I went on an exchange program to a US school and CMC is so much better here. Even if you can get into a ranked 40 college in US, it is still better from job prospects than IE and even other European schools (except LBS & INSEAD). This is primarily due to 3 reasons - 1) US schools are more focused on getting that one job..2) EU is in a pretty bad shape 3) Europe is not very open to immigrated work force and language is also a big barrier to entry.

Just for the sake of stats: last year only a couple of Indians got placed in Europe (out of 20-25)..rest had to go back to India. This year as well, things are in a pretty bad shape.

So, I would advice you do a lot more research and have a plan, before you come to IE.

Gud Luck !
Yes , it does!
I would suggest you to call at +22 32544552

Hope it helps.
  • 1 Like  
Thanks a lot Haywire ! Is this the Mail ID that you're referring to :
india@ie.edu ???

Thanks for your replies!!!!
  • 1 Like  
Ask them to check their spam folders or something, call the Mumbai office tomorrow. Hope they would help.

Hi Haywire87,

The Recommendation Tab went Green and i clicked the button to send across the Email to Recommenders. I also clicked on the Remind links also , but both the Recommenders did not receive the mail yet
But how did you manage to submit the application without the recommendation tab going green?
You could go to the recommendation tab on your application and select to send a reminder.
I sent most of my queries to the India office and got a reply within 2 days at max. You could call the India office and let them know your problem as well.
In terms of going forward, my experience has been very good. They have been very swift in the application process. I submitted my application on 17 sep, was interviewed n 2 Oct and the decision on 9 Oct.
Hi ,

I applied to IE about a week back. Though i had provided the details of my Recommenders in the IE Application form , but none of them have yet received an Email yet. So , i wrote to IE a couple of times over the last 1 week , but haven't heard back from them.

IS IE Admission Team laid back on replying back to the Applicant's queries and what can i expect going forward ?
Hi
I just received the admit and the admission contract. Could anyone here help me in the next steps? Scholarship, funding et all?

Thanks.
@Steve.M

Sorry Steve, unfortunately, you will not get much detailed information here. For some unknown reason, people here loves to aggregate and present a superficial picture. I believe those people are recruiter of the school in disguise or admission consultants.

Use google search and use the information with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Mind that, anyone can be Bill Gate in FREE INTERNET.

I am also looking for some decent option in Europe and yet to find something where I can bet my money and time without a second thought. The stake is much higher now than selecting an engineering college in the past and and need to be clear from marketing gimmicks or marketing intimidation.

In one side people are talking highly about your objective, future career plan and otherside schools are claiming the 2 years will be LIFE CHANGING for you. Interesting paradox!!

Please share your experience
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

49 people follow this discussion.