PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Get access to great test material and prepare with friends! For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Download for free.
About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Desi Guru @DesiGuru

Tags

Improving Sentence Correction Performance in GMAT

Trying to make it the first thread in the newly changed pagalguy structure... Please give your comments on the following. 1\. How to fundamentally improve your grammar concepts for the GMAT? 2\. Is the ETS style of thinking English dif...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 4   

Hi All,

Wanted to ask a question.............

ABC predict that X would happen.

ABC predict that X will happen.

Which one is correct ?

I am asking this question because sometimes one has to choose b/w will and would, both are future tense.... which one to choose...

Thanks
Sumit

Commenting on this post has been disabled.

wowwwww !!
This thread rocks .. !!
Thanks to Baba Yaga, Catalytic n all ....
more SC questions expected ..
$@@

Though SC is not much iq i think it is more to do about checking on your clarity of thinking. Baba's strategy is really a great way to train your mind to think more clearly for sc... Ofcourse i have to find time to study for the GMAT... which is getting tougher by the day....

K

Goto scoretop.com and search for Princeton Verbal workout...
Search around and u will get to the pdf... Its generally available to download thro a thread....

As PG said I think read the basic stuff and after that its practice... There is hope, because its not exactly to do with IQ. So practice can get u from 30% to 80% for sure. Higher than 90% then ur a certified ETS grammar god.
K

Where exactly in scoretop.com should I search for Princeton Verbal Workout???? There is a place at the right side of the page.
dobb Says
Hi Catalytic .... can you mail me the SC1000 ziplet.

Seriously ... did u not read my previous post.. i clearly mentioned it is not possible for me to send the files to each and everyone (especially with my dial up) .. Have written the sites where u can find them.. search for the resources on that site and u will get loads of other stuff ..

Hi Catalytic .... can you mail me the SC1000 ziplet.

Please do not flood my PM box.. as mentioned by DesiGuru testmagic.com and scoretop.com have lot of resources for those preparing for GMAT. Not possible for me to send everyone the files. Please search thru above mentioned sites and u fill find lot of useful data

Thanx

Hi could u please pass me on that 1000SC u mentioned in ur quote please ?
Please send at ******@****.com
Vivek

Hie Vivek....

No posting of personal data like tel nos. or email ids. in the public domain. so edit it from ur post b4 the mods step in!

also.... use PM to contact catalytic for the same!

chao!
Hi could u please pass me on that 1000SC u mentioned in ur quote please ?
Please send at resumevseth@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
Vivek
1&2
What i have realised in my preperation that ETS english is more of a science than English. Questions are based on certain rules that can be identified while solving them. Initial brush up of Grammer can be done thru Wren Martin or thru many websites on the net

3. If u can get hold of Princeton or Kaplan for PRACTICE (only) . Otherwise there is a doc file of 1000sc doing rounds on the net though the answers given are not reliable (pm me if u want it)

4. Sole tip . read ur questions carefully and analyse each and every question even if u did it correct. The catch is to find why others are wrong

5. Okey dokey

Disclaimer : Author is also preparing for GMAT. Following his advise is upto u .

This is truly good effort and a meaningful + useful post baba.. keep the good work going.:thumbsup:

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

20 people follow this discussion.