IIMB EPGP III Aspirants, Class of 2012

Hello Friends, We are current students of IIMB - EPGP (Class of 2011) and would be happy to take any questions related to academics and student life at IIMB. Good luck with your admission process. Regards, IIMB EPGP Students
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 58 of 77   
Hi,

Can anyone please send me the brochure. I am unable to find it online. I really need it. I will appreciate the promptness in this regard.

@pm0m8698

Refer to the following post. You will find the brochure there.

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/55006-iimb-epgp-iii-aspirants-class-6.html#post2268644

I am trying to complete my application but the site is not accessible since yesterday. Are others also facing the same problem.

http://iimberpsrv.iimb.ernet.in:9040/prod/bwkkspg9.showpage?page=ONLINE_APP_LOGIN

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Hi ,

Can somebody assess my chances :

10, 10+2, B.Tech : 1st class Honors
M.Tech : 7.7/10
EC : Average
GMAT : 650

Experience : 6.9 year by March 2011 in semiconductor industry.

My experience will be 6.9 year by March 2012. But I have a Master degree and an additional 6 month of work experience as a Project trainee for my M.Tech thesis.
Can I be considered a eligible candidate for the program.
Please reply.

Hi,

Can anyone please send me the brochure. I am unable to find it online. I really need it. I will appreciate the promptness in this regard.

Hi guys...

This is my first post, have been reading threads on PagalGuy for a while, so thought I might as well join and participate. I'm applying for EPGP and noticed that there is an entire essay on Publications - does everyone applying have publications? I'm assuming it means, patents or books, or something significant...

My profile:
X - 82%, XI - 82%, Engg - 73%, gmat: 730, 7yrs work ex from one of the worlds top software cos, relatively quick career progression, though not in mgmt.
Don't have much of EC to show off, was IEEE chapter treasurer in college, headed computer club but no certs for these. Not sure what my chances are.

Cheers,
V

Higest Degree - I got the mixed reactions to whether the highest degree needs to be notarized or not? If anyone has already submitted the application and can reply to this question, it would be great.

1. Card : Card issued outside India doesn't work. So it better to get someone's Indian card ready as back up. Even Indian Debit cards will work if Internet banking is activated on them.

2. Unable to suggest.

3. It should be fine. I also took ref from my last bosses. We know how difficult it is to get from current boss. I don't think IIM-B is very sensitive about ref.

Above are my opinion not an expert advice...

Looks like only 150 people have applied so far ..compared with PGPX around 2500....

Thanks Clearadmit it is very helpful. Is Colleague of the boss is acceptable refree?

I had a same problem. Solution : I politely asked my ref. to access the link from Home and he agreed to do so...Otherwise you may asked the IIM-B if they will accept ref as word file filled by ref and sent to them...I think you should act fast as time is now running out..

All the best

yes. my recommender is also facing similar problem.

i sent a query to EPGP office & they replied that tell your recommender to speak to his IT/ systems guy & get port 9040 opened.

its very difficult to get this done as my recommender is a very senior executive. lets see how it goes.

1. Card : Card issued outside India doesn't work. So it better to get someone's Indian card ready as back up. Even Indian Debit cards will work if Internet banking is activated on them.

2. Unable to suggest.

3. It should be fine. I also took ref from my last bosses. We know how difficult it is to get from current boss. I don't think IIM-B is very sensitive about ref.

Above are my opinion not an expert advice...

Looks like only 150 people have applied so far ..compared with PGPX around 2500....

Hi,

Can anyone who has gone through this process please provide clarification on 3 questions:

1. Pay by Card - Can I make a payment using visa credit card now and submit the final application in next 2-3 days. I have an international credit card i just wish to make sure this works with application. This Credit card works for other online shopping in India.

2. Entering Master's Education: I have 5 semesters for my master. Total 31 credits. I took 9 and 9 credits in first 2 semsters and then 6 and 6 credit in 3rd and 4th semester and 1 credit in final semster. Given this, you can see the weight is different how should i enter this in score report. Any expert opinion on this?

3. Referal: I am planning to take referal from my x boss (was boss from June 2008 to August 2010) and Coleague (person Y) of him. I am working with Person Y for over 2 years on projects he is/was leading and co-ordnated on special projects.

I will really appreciate an experienced opinion on this as deadline is approaching fast. I just got done with my GMAT on 17th and have/had only 12 days to complete rest of the application.

Regards.

Hi,

Can anyone who has gone through this process please provide clarification on 3 questions:

1. Pay by Card - Can I make a payment using visa credit card now and submit the final application in next 2-3 days. I have an international credit card i just wish to make sure this works with application. This Credit card works for other online shopping in India.

2. Entering Master's Education: I have 5 semesters for my master. Total 31 credits. I took 9 and 9 credits in first 2 semsters and then 6 and 6 credit in 3rd and 4th semester and 1 credit in final semster. Given this, you can see the weight is different how should i enter this in score report. Any expert opinion on this?

3. Referal: I am planning to take referal from my x boss (was boss from June 2008 to August 2010) and Coleague (person Y) of him. I am working with Person Y for over 2 years on projects he is/was leading and co-ordnated on special projects.

I will really appreciate an experienced opinion on this as deadline is approaching fast. I just got done with my GMAT on 17th and have/had only 12 days to complete rest of the application.

Regards.

Finally, submitted the application. Application number is 15X ...

Another 5 days left .. lets see how many more people are applying.

Hi,

My referrals are not able to open the recommendation link.

Is anybody facing the same problem?

locopoco.

yes. my recommender is also facing similar problem.

i sent a query to EPGP office & they replied that tell your recommender to speak to his IT/ systems guy & get port 9040 opened.

its very difficult to get this done as my recommender is a very senior executive. lets see how it goes.

Hi,

I am planning to take recommendations from my x boss (was boss from June 2008 till August 2010) and coleague of him. Is coleague of boss and x boss acceptable for recommendation.

I will appreciate thoughts from the group.

Hi,

My referrals are not able to open the recommendation link.

Is anybody facing the same problem?

locopoco.

Hi,I am new to this forum and need you to evaluate my profile for EPGP.I am an India born male.Did my schooling and college in Delhi.I scored around 78% in 10th and 89 % in 12th.Then I did Eco(hons) from Hindu college,Delhi Univ.and scored a dismal 50%.Soon after I went to Canada for a course in International Managment from Sheridan college,toronto.
And since may 2006 I am working in a logistic company in toronto and recently has been promoted as Ocean head.Till date I have more than 4 years of work experience in Canada.I am a permanent resident of Canada and will soon be getting Canadian citizenship.
I want to come back to my roots as India is shining and I want to be a part of India's growth.
Last year I gave my Gmat and scored 660.
My ECA are decent.
Do you think I have a decent profile for doing MBA from a good Bschool in india.I know for sure that I need to improve on my GMAT but apart from that how can I improve my profile. I would like to apply for class of 2013 as I have some commitments to take care of in Canada till the end of 2012.
Kindly advice

If I am correct, 50% at graduation is a requirement. So you have to make a statement with your GMAT which I am sure you have realised.

Apart from that your logistics background and canadian experience sounds good. Obviously any recent work achievements or recognition will be good.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

199 people follow this discussion.