About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@The_Last_d'anconia

Tags

IIM-C PGDM/PGDCM 2007-2009

Hi guys, Now I know that I would be heading to Joka in this June, I want to know my fellow Pagals who are also headed there. Let us use this thread to discuss our future plan of action and invite our seniors to give us gyaan. :: :: ::
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 16 of 40   
anuradhab2008 Says
see how detailed my post is aaradhya and learn something :satisfie: hahahaaa....i see all of us are pretty much surfing the boards today!!

I'm a to-the-point guy shorty....
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
aaradhya Says
All PGDM students need to take a qualifying maths exam around 1 week after joining. Don't worry about it though, your seniors will take tutorials for the same and it'll be a piece of cake after you get through these tutorials..

see how detailed my post is aaradhya and learn something :satisfie: hahahaaa....i see all of us are pretty much surfing the boards today!!
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
TintinAndSnowy Says
Math test :confused::confused::confused: ... what's that!!! ... and where is that mentioned?

theres a qualifying math test held in the first 2 weeks after you start. basically covers 11-12 grade math so you could brush up on sets/integration/differentiation/matrices if you want. in anycase we (seniors) will help u out by holding tutorials fr the exam before. trust me i was v freaked out before joining, but it turned out to be relatively simple. another bonus is that you just have to pass the test, no grades are assigned. if u don't pass on the first attempt, u have to take qualifying-math as an additional course in term I...u have another test at the end of it...and if u don't pass that (oh god, please pass it then!!) u have yet another chance to pass the test and if u don't, u can't continue. WHEW!

summary: 11-12th grade math. don't worry. tutorials will be held. PASS the test otherwise its a major pain.

hope that helps!

Anu
:)
  • 1 Like  
TintinAndSnowy Says
Math test :confused::confused::confused: ... what's that!!! ... and where is that mentioned?

All PGDM students need to take a qualifying maths exam around 1 week after joining. Don't worry about it though, your seniors will take tutorials for the same and it'll be a piece of cake after you get through these tutorials..
  • 3 Likes  
We can reach there early but not before 21/06/07.
The math test is on 3-07-2007.

• 2 Likes  
Seniors,

Let me ask something mundane.

Do we get veg food there? What about south Indian food??:satisfie::satisfie:

hahaaa yes you do. mess serves sambar every single day (!!) and there's dosa idli vada fr breakfast also there are great restaurants....(KV fr one) tht aren't that far and damn cheap.
  • 1 Like  

I havent yet recieved any postal communication from IIMC ..

guys as posted by "Krithika Sivaraman" in iimc2007-2009@yahoogroups.com

I got the letter by speed post.
nonrefundable A/c payee DD for Rs 50,000/- in favour of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" to reach them by 14/5/2007 latest.
report at hostel latest by 22/6/07
report to PGP office for registration on 23 or 24th between 10am and 3 pm.
Campus Rule : Students are not allowed to bring their own motor vehicles (cars and motorcycles) inside the campus.

We can reach there early but not before 21/06/07.
The math test is on 3-07-2007.
  • 2 Likes  

guys as posted by "Krithika Sivaraman" in iimc2007-2009@yahoogroups.com

I got the letter by speed post.
nonrefundable A/c payee DD for Rs 50,000/- in favour of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" to reach them by 14/5/2007 latest.
report at hostel latest by 22/6/07
report to PGP office for registration on 23 or 24th between 10am and 3 pm.
Campus Rule : Students are not allowed to bring their own motor vehicles (cars and motorcycles) inside the campus.

Hi Folks,

I will be joining IIMC-PGDCM 2007-09 batch.

My profile:

Manufacturing/Industrial Enginnering from IIT Kharagpur (2004 batch : Dual Degree)
30 months of IT experience.

Looking forward to meet all of you there.

• 1 Like  
"Students are not allowed bring their own motor vehicles(mobikes/cars) into the campus"

This is unfair. Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez....I cant stay away from my cruiser.:neutral:??::neutral:??::neutral:??:

Seniors,

what do you people suggest about this?
can we bring the bikes and can park near main gates, which will solve the purpose of exploring Calcutta ?

or its better we keep those at home?
  • 1 Like  

"Students are not allowed bring their own motor vehicles(mobikes/cars) into the campus"

This is unfair. Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez....I cant stay away from my cruiser.:neutral:??::neutral:??::neutral:??:

• 1 Like  
:wow: :wow:
This thread disappeared from the first page.

I heard that guys in Chennai got the offer letters. Can anyone here confirm how they got it?

one guy had posted above that he has received the letter..
50k to be deposited by 14th may
and joinin date 22nd june and classes start from 25th...
:wow: :wow:
This thread disappeared from the first page.

I heard that guys in Chennai got the offer letters. Can anyone here confirm how they got it?

Edited later:

Just got a call from home that IIMC offer letter has come.I think guys all over India would be receiving it today. It's coming by Speed Post.
  • 1 Like  

hi guys,

anyone who has recieved the offer letter..pls confirm ..
1. Details of the draft: drawn in favour of whom, payable at, whether the draft must be made at any mentioned bank(s)
2.Other documents, if any that are needed.

Ashis

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

127 people follow this discussion.